What's new

Current State of MKX

Saviorself

Noob Saibot

I know it's a heavily disputed topic but...is it really true NRS forgets their game after EVO?

How can they patch so heavily and knee-jerkily at first and now leave us with nothing?! No relevant info about the game since Evo.
We all complain about it but crave it at the same time....

The savior himself has been too busy posting about obscure dinosaur games and Michael Jackson to answer the most relevant question...

Where is the patch!?

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
After evo in igau they started working on the 'final big patch' and then the ultimate edition which they'll probably do again. Mkx still has ridiculous stuff that needs removing and they might be releasing more DLC so don't count them out yet

zoofs

bless
After evo in igau they started working on the 'final big patch' and then the ultimate edition which they'll probably do again. Mkx still has ridiculous stuff that needs removing and they might be releasing more DLC so don't count them out yet
if nrs was to actually leave this game with no more dlc at all after one more patch, that would be truly ridiculous. This is the best selling mortal kombat of all time isn't it?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I know they are probably just itching to work on Injustice 2 but I really hope they continue to support this game for a while.

Oh, and give Slasher Lake mist please ;)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's not over. Not a chance.

This game is a few solid tweaks away from being the best balanced NRS game ever made. It ain't perfect, and it definitely needs more help in the way of adjusting its physics (low profiling and corner glitches ala Tremor's), but compared to IGAU and MK9, it is MILES ahead as far as depth and viability amongst the roster. There are only a few characters left it could be intelligently argued"need" some help to become tournament threats, but that's a vast improvement over having a handful of characters that obliterate major chunks of the cast.
Goro needs help. Bad. Jacqui
and Takeda are very underexplored, but between her lack of reach and his lack of speed, I think they could both really use a tweak if only to become more appealing to the playerbase. Kano among others is said to be buggier than hell, but strength and weakness wise has people torn between him being underwhelming or undersold.
Sub-Zero is stuck in the middle. He is literally, IMO, the Jade of this game: a solid, dependable character, who would be vastly more popular if there weren't so many other characters who do his job better...and that's not even taking Predator into account.

Aside from a few variations I'd personally like to see get some love just to become relevant (Unbreakable being the immediate candidate - if you're going to out Grandmaster Grandmaster with Hunter, at least give Sub's other really unique variation help to make him stand out), I think this game is one solid patch away from being as good as it can get.

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
It would be cool to see Deceptive Reptile have some changes made. Maybe quicker activation and staying active on hit like Predator's invisibility.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I know they are probably just itching to work on Injustice 2 but I really hope they continue to support this game for a while.

Oh, and give Slasher Lake mist please ;)
lake mist isnt very good dude, trust me, you dont want it, it is only decent when paired with armored command grabs, which as i recall, slasher doesnt have (and DF1 doesnt count since that is a high)

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I think there's still another kombat pack so they will be more fixing patches in the future.

If only NRs wasn't so busy on Tru3t4len's chat room.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
He might be underexplored. It just doesn't help that he's modeled after some Naruto-esque character and therefore only appeals to people who generally aren't good at fighting games.

(no offense)
Lol, like RedRaptor and PimPimJim?

I think you're making a pretty broad generalization. Some of us can play fighting games and still like Takeda because his character design is unique.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

I think you're making a pretty broad generalization. Some of us can play fighting games and still like Takeda because his character design is unique.
Just chalk it up to my corrupt sense of humor, if I was trying to generalize I would've called out 16 Bit's feminist complex a long time ago lol.

For the record I have nothing but respect for the homework Red Raptor does with the character and I enjoy watching his Takeda on Slips' stream.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.

Agreed. Much like Playing Kan-Ra or Glacius in KI3. Too bad Glacius loses 7-3 to more than half of the cast :(

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I await the Sub-Zero buffs with baited breath. I literally dream of hopping online to read the patch notes:

Sub-Zero: opponents can no longer full combo through the clone for free.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
lake mist isnt very good dude, trust me, you dont want it, it is only decent when paired with armored command grabs, which as i recall, slasher doesnt have (and DF1 doesnt count since that is a high)
Yeah its not that great, but it could possibly be somewhat helpful for me when I am being zoned out and don't have a meter to burn on charge. I doubt Jason will be getting any major changes anyway though, im just "thinking out loud" as some people say lol

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i hope its soon, but im getting XB1 in a few days, i hope some online fixes are included, character fixes are needed but, online is far from being fixed!

i say minor changes to Tremor, Sub Zero, Mileena, Kano, Jacqui, Goro, Ferra Torr, Reptile noxious, maybe a small combo change to Cassie 212 catching after DB2XX