What's new

Guide - Liu Kang Current Special Cancel Advantage for Liu Kang Across All Variations, April 2016

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
you have no proof so i wont believe you until you show some
The logic is very simple: 112 b34 and 44 into regular fireball run cancel into F2 used to jail, not anymore. So, they are not +11 anymore. 111 into EX FBRC into F2 still jails but veeeery tight and F44 into EX FBRC still jails into F2 and it is a little bit easier to do, so 111 is AT LEAST +11. F44 EX FBRC into S3 (11 startup frames) jails, so it is AT LEAST +12. F44 EX FBRC into B3 (12 startup frames) does not jail, so F44 EX FBRC is +12. 111 EX FBRC into S3 does not jail, so it is not +12, so it is +11. EX FBRC has +4 frames that FBRC, so if 111 into EX FBRC into F2 jails, and f44 into EX FBRC into S3 jails... +11-4 = +7. +12-4 = +8

111 into FBRC was +8, now it is +7. f44 into FBRC was +9, now it is +8. 111 into EX FBRC is still +11. f44 into EX FBRC is still +12. So now the regular fireball run cancels has -1 frame.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
The logic is very simple: 112 b34 and 44 into regular fireball run cancel into F2 used to jail, not anymore. So, they are not +11 anymore. 111 into EX FBRC into F2 still jails but veeeery tight and F44 into EX FBRC still jails into F2 and it is a little bit easier to do, so 111 is AT LEAST +11. F44 EX FBRC into S3 (11 startup frames) jails, so it is AT LEAST +12. F44 EX FBRC into B3 (12 startup frames) does not jail, so F44 EX FBRC is +12. 111 EX FBRC into S3 does not jail, so it is not +12, so it is +11. EX FBRC has +4 frames that FBRC, so if 111 into EX FBRC into F2 jails, and f44 into EX FBRC into S3 jails... +11-4 = +7. +12-4 = +8

111 into FBRC was +8, now it is +7. f44 into FBRC was +9, now it is +8. 111 into EX FBRC is still +11. f44 into EX FBRC is still +12. So now the regular fireball run cancels has -1 frame.
f2 is 9f no?

Bruno-NeoSpace

ok so he only has one true block string?
damn liu kang is pretty shit now
No, he still has a lot of true blockstring. Some of them:

F213 FBRC - F2 / F4 / B1 / S1 / F1 etc
F44 FBRC - F1
112 / B34 / 44 FBRC - S1 / B1 / F1
111 FBRC - F1
F44 EX FBRC - F4 (ultimate blockstring :p ) / F2 / B1 / S1 / etc

Liu Kang is still very good in Dragon's Fire and Flame Fist.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Kinda unrelated but can someone post me a gif of there thumb doing an iafb multiple times in a row on pad? Maybe even on different angles?

Multiple times I have tried to learn iafb but have just drove myself crazy. I have asked people before to give me an extensive guide on how to do the motion as I just can not get it. I always have trouble with applying pressure to wrong section of the away button on the dpad at the incorrect angle and only getting upwards diagonal + forwards 1 instead of up+back+forwards 1.

i cant cancel all cancels frame perfect since i just done ps4 pad. But in that case f213 fbrc into b34 should jail . Can someone test that and report back please?. And for example . 112 exfbrc into f2 feels more than just one frame delay by the feel of doing it .That used to be so easy to jail but now feel much tighter than before. F21u4 was plus 4 pre patch bruno , so is it plus 3 now? F213 into b2 used to jail so that means it would of had to been plus 15 you say. As b2 is 14 frames. So b3 jailing after f213 should be piece of cake . Also means f213 should be plus 14 if only one frame has been lost. I cant test on this pad

Kinda unrelated but can someone post me a gif of there thumb doing an iafb multiple times in a row on pad? Maybe even on different angles?

Multiple times I have tried to learn iafb but have just drove myself crazy. I have asked people before to give me an extensive guide on how to do the motion as I just can not get it. I always have trouble with applying pressure to wrong section of the away button on the dpad at the incorrect angle and only getting upwards diagonal + forwards 1 instead of up+back+forwards 1.
I dont understand why everyone wants to be taught this. It should come naturally , no one taught me , just did it and learnt it quick :s , just u b f 1 as fast as possible

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Wait wait wait...Let me understand something. people are asking @Bruno-NeoSpace to go back and record all this shit just to prove he isn't wrong (probably was a 12-20 hour project) and are taking @cR Xarakamaka word over his when he tested for 5 minutes post patch because he has "feels" for 1 and 2 frame links?

I'm not taking a side because FUCK this game but I'm just summarizing this thread so far...

Continue.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Wait wait wait...Let me understand something. people are asking @Bruno-NeoSpace to go back and record all this shit just to prove he isn't wrong (probably was a 12-20 hour project) and are taking @cR Xarakamaka word over his when he tested for 5 minutes post patch because he has "feels" for 1 and 2 frame links?

I'm not taking a side because FUCK this game but I'm just summarizing this thread so far...

Continue.
Yeah... i'm kinda sad after reading those comments :(

Continue.
Yeah... i'm kinda sad after reading those comments :(
Im not saying hes wrong . We all agree he has one true block string , read previous comments and questions, i cant frame perfectcancel certain cancels on ps4 pad . Like going into b3 after f213

Bruno-NeoSpace

i cant cancel all cancels frame perfect since i just done ps4 pad. But in that case f213 fbrc into b34 should jail . Can someone test that and report back please?. And for example . 112 exfbrc into f2 feels more than just one frame delay by the feel of doing it .That used to be so easy to jail but now feel much tighter than before. F21u4 was plus 4 pre patch bruno , so is it plus 3 now? F213 into b2 used to jail so that means it would of had to been plus 15 you say. As b2 is 14 frames. So b3 jailing after f213 should be piece of cake . Also means f213 should be plus 14 if only one frame has been lost. I cant test on this pad
F213 FBRC into B34 jails. About 112 EX FBRC into F2: it might be your execution; after practiced a lot, i am doing 112 EX FBRC into F2 easily. F21U4 was not +4 pre patch and I know why you think it was: You were doing F21U4 FBRC into F213 and you are beating or trading Kung Lao's Spin... but the reason that you were beating Lao's spin it is not because F21U4 was +4 or +5, it is because of the hitbox. When Lao's Spin is activated, sometimes you can beat him, because of the hitbox. Weird thing, I know :p . F213 into B2 does NOT used to jail. I just tested like 30 times against Lao's Spin (on pc version).

F213 FBRC into B34 jails. About 112 EX FBRC into F2: it might be your execution; after practiced a lot, i am doing 112 EX FBRC into F2 easily. F21U4 was not +4 pre patch and I know why you think it was: You were doing F21U4 FBRC into F213 and you are beating or trading Kung Lao's Spin... but the reason that you were beating Lao's spin it is not because F21U4 was +4 or +5, it is because of the hitbox. When Lao's Spin is activated, sometimes you can beat him, because of the hitbox. Weird thing, I know :p . F213 into B2 does NOT used to jail. I just tested like 30 times against Lao's Spin (on pc version).
Yeh i can do it fine but just seems bit slower than 1 frame is all. And maybe but also f21 u4 fbrc into f2 traded with cassie flip kick too, maybe hitbox again i dno :eek:. All that matters is that we know he has 1 true block string and ex the others to make them jail which is annoying

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I dont understand why everyone wants to be taught this. It should come naturally , no one taught me , just did it and learnt it quick :s , just u b f 1 as fast as possible
I disagree. I found that at a certain extent the actual speed wasn't relevant. Anyone can input up,away,back 1 really fast but that doesn't mean they will be able to do iafbs. The actual technique seems to be more relevant imo. When I was first learning them I attempted many different approaches and had varying success. I constantly adjusted my thumbs path and how I applied pressure to the back button until I eventually hit a jackpot and started nailing them. The next morning I had to recall how I did it and I just got sick of constantly going in to training mode and spending 5+ hours each day just doing iafbs.

Anyway I can see I'm not really gonna get any help so I will just practice them again and record the proper motion myself when I get it.

I disagree. I found that at a certain extent the actual speed wasn't relevant. Anyone can input up,away,back 1 really fast but that doesn't mean they will be able to do iafbs. The actual technique seems to be more relevant imo. When I was first learning them I attempted many different approaches and had varying success. I constantly adjusted my thumbs path and how I applied pressure to the back button until I eventually hit a jackpot and started nailing them. The next morning I had to recall how I did it and I just got sick of constantly going in to training mode and spending 5+ hours each day just doing iafbs.

Anyway I can see I'm not really gonna get any help so I will just practice them again and record the proper motion myself when I get it.
Hmm i dno what help to give . I got it pretty quick, maybe its the way i hold my pad . I use the ball of my thumb when i play, not the tip of my thumb. Theres quite a few things and thread made on doing fireballs on here somewhere. Also i believe xbox pad is easier to do them on compared to ps4 pad but it could just be a familiarity issue for me :)

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
This frame data is not saying that nothing has changed with the FBRCs. lol. It is saying that the regular fireball run cancels now have -1 frame.

B3,4 FBRC = Second hit was +11. Into f2 it was jailing, not anymore because now it is +10

EDIT: Ohhh, i think you are misunderstanding somethings. B3 FBRC is +7, B34 FBRC first hit is +8 and second hit is +10. :p

Some examples:
F213 FBRC - F2 , F4 , S1 , F1 , D2 , B1, etc
F4,4 FBRC - F1, D2
F4,4 EX FBRC - F2 , F4 , S1 , F1 , D2, B1, etc
Great job man! Really good job! Do you have Twitter? I have something to show and ask you!