What's new

Guide - Liu Kang Current Special Cancel Advantage for Liu Kang Across All Variations, April 2016

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
How I found out all these frames:

First: I tested every cancel against Reptile's Slippery Slide (7f neutral and 6f reversal), Kung Lao's Spin (8f neutral and 7f reversal), Reptile's Reptilian Dash (9f neutral and 8f reversal), Jax's Gotcha Grab (10f neutral and 9f reversal) and Possessed Kenshi's Soul Push (12f neutral and 11f reversal).

Second: I recorded every cancel with the Nvidia Geforce Shadowplay (60fps), then I watched frame per frame of every cancel in Sony Vegas.

Third: After the new patches, a friend have lended to me his PS4 and a 1MS monitor because the PC version is dead. So, I have tested every cancel against Kung Lao's Spin and Reptile's Slippery Slide and I figured it out that only the Dragon's Fire cancels were changed a little bit. The regular fireball run cancels got nerfed in only 1 frame. :p

FLAME FIST - frame data of the Shaolin-ferno cancel:

F2,1,3 EX DD1 = +8

1,1,2 EX DD1 = +5

B3,4 EX DD1 = Second hit is +5 and first hit is +3

4,4 EX DD1 = +5

F4,4 EX DD1 = +3

1,1,1 EX DD1 = +2

S4 EX DD1 = +2

B3 EX DD1 = +2

F2,1 EX DD1 = -3

B1,2 EX DD1 = -6

F1,2 EX DD1 = -6*

F2,1,U4 EX DD1 = -8

DUALIST - frame data of the Metamorphosis cancel:

F2,1,3 SS = +5

1,1,2 SS = +2

B3,4 SS = Second hit is +2 and first hit is 0

4,4 SS = +2

F4,4 SS = 0

1,1,1 SS = -1

S4 SS = -1

B3 SS = -1

F2,1 SS = -7

B1,2 SS = -8

F1,2 SS = -8*

F2,1,U4 SS = -10

DRAGON'S FIRE - frame data of the Fireball run cancel:

REGULAR FIREBALL RUN CANCEL

F2,1,3 FBRC = +13

1,1,2 FBRC = +10

B3,4 FBRC = Second hit is +10 and first hit is +8

4,4 FBRC = +10

F4,4 FBRC = +8

1,1,1 FBRC = +7

S4 FBRC = +7

B3 FBRC = +7

F2,1 FBRC = +4

F2,1,U4 FBRC = +1

B1,2 FBRC = 0

F1,2 FBRC = 0

EX FIREBALL RUN CANCEL

F2,1,3 EX FBRC = +17

1,1,2 EX FBRC = +14

B3,4 EX FBRC = Second Hit is +14 and first hit is +12

4,4 EX FBRC = +14

F4,4 EX FBRC = +12

1,1,1 EX FBRC = +11

S4 EX FBRC = +11

B3 EX FBRC = +11

F2,1 EX FBRC = +8

F2,1,U4 EX FBRC = +5

B1,2 EX FBRC = +4

F1,2 EX FBRC = +4

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Do any of these jail other than f213? Because i swear ive tried for so long and only f213 jails totally. This is good stuff brother, thanks!

needs videos bc even paulo said he nerfed f213 so if he didnt on some early april fools shit ill conceed that hes correct
But this comes down to human error, you would have to run cancel on the perfect frame and press a button on the perfect frame. That's two-one frame links in a row. The computer is reading it frame by frame. Only daigo can hit two frame links consistently. And xaraka isn't daigo, just like he said b1 is 10 frames when it was 9

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
But this comes down to human error, you would have to run cancel on the perfect frame and press a button on the perfect frame. That's two-one frame links in a row. The computer is reading it frame by frame. Only daigo can hit two frame links consistently. And xaraka isn't daigo, just like he said b1 is 10 frames when it was 9
just skeptical because things i was previously jailing easily werent anymore

That was a frame data misunderstanding by me not my execution with run cancels. Only daigo can hit 2 frame links consistently? My liu kang before patch was hitting 1-2 frame links every fb rc consistantly.I tested liu kang frame data for 5 minutes when patch came out, this frame data is saying nothing has changed with the fbrcs. Ive prooven ppl who used recording equipment wrong before but im not gna say im right as i only tested 5 minutes , for example before patch f21u4 fbrc was plus 4 but here it says plus 1? So all the cancels are the same as before patch it says here but this one is different? Also b34 second hit used to be plus 7 or 8 if i remember but now its plus 10, no discredit to anyone but somethings off here already, but ill test myself later. Ill be very happy if the frame data here is correct though! @C88 Zombieekiler