What's new

Current (05/13/17) Wonder Woman

Error

DF2+R2
Honestly, she was very auto-piloty in IGAU so seeing her require more thought now is great, although I do believe she should be able to choose her buffs with different inputs.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Honestly, she was very auto-piloty in IGAU so seeing her require more thought now is great, although I do believe she should be able to choose her buffs with different inputs.
In a nutshell, despite Superman keeping the f23, f23 meta. Or give her some additional mobility. She can't build meter fullscreen against a zoner unless she's parrying on the frame every projectile so MB rolling isn't really always available. Or if you do, she doesn't thrive off of a free mix to then open them up when she's near

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I agree that she takes patience. However the mment I nticed that herairdash camefrombuffs, and shes a walking character I wasinstantly turned off.

shyndoa

Noob
Yes. Shield toss MB is her main way to do a combo with big damage.
Use her d12 to punish or whiff punish.
Her combo is : starter, bf2 ex, f23, b3, ji3, 3, bf1.

Or starter, bf2 ex, b3, ji3, 3, bf1.

9_Lives

Noob
Been playing a bit and got rocked by some legacy mains but sign me up.

Here is a corner combo you guys may already know or have optimized.

F3/f23,3~amalthea uppercut,3~bash
As far as I could tell plus enough for a free dash into neutral jump kick

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
can someone add me on psn, I'm having trouble with wonder woman. Psn: isiahevans
plus it would be nice to have a training partner

Stanlos

Noob
This is why we need projectile reflecting parry.

I wish I could interview the NRS developer team to ask about their process for the development of the powers for each character. I really do not understand how they set out to do Wonder Woman and we ended up with none of her signature stuff from her books, movies and TV shows. I was quite surprised to find for example no ground stomp into lasso grab; No lasso command throw; no air deflecting (how many times has he deflected people's energies back at them in the air or on the ground? I mean, the bracelets are BOSS--Darkseid, a whole PANTHEON of Gods, whoever you are those things can return your fire more powerful and faster thanks to Amalthea's Kiss. How is that not a power and a meter burn option? it's weird.

I am still waiting on my copy (20USD cheaper but two days after launch :( Sigh) but from what I have seen on Akro's vids they have really done a PHENOMENAL job on some aspects: namely the sound design! Her shield/sword strikes sound epic and the lasso sounds are sick (especially when buffed).

It also appears they have done a phenomenal job translating Supergirl and Flash (you DO see their signature stuff). I just don't get the disconnect with Wonder Woman.

fong03

Noob
I wish I could interview the NRS developer team to ask about their process for the development of the powers for each character. I really do not understand how they set out to do Wonder Woman and we ended up with none of her signature stuff from her books, movies and TV shows. I was quite surprised to find for example no ground stomp into lasso grab; No lasso command throw; no air deflecting (how many times has he deflected people's energies back at them in the air or on the ground? I mean, the bracelets are BOSS--Darkseid, a whole PANTHEON of Gods, whoever you are those things can return your fire more powerful and faster thanks to Amalthea's Kiss. How is that not a power and a meter burn option? it's weird.

I am still waiting on my copy (20USD cheaper but two days after launch :( Sigh) but from what I have seen on Akro's vids they have really done a PHENOMENAL job on some aspects: namely the sound design! Her shield/sword strikes sound epic and the lasso sounds are sick (especially when buffed).

It also appears they have done a phenomenal job translating Supergirl and Flash (you DO see their signature stuff). I just don't get the disconnect with Wonder Woman.

Sadly, it's par for the course when it comes to Wonder Woman. Hardly anyone writes her well. Wait until you see her in story mode. I found her depiction appalling. Her characterization, importance to the story and her power levels all failed to do her justice in my opinion.

I don't understand how for the third straight NRS game they've failed to capture her essence. At the very least, one would hope they'd nail the game play. Her bracers really should be a core component to her game play. Her flight should also be apart of her base move set and the Hermes blessing should boost some other aspect of her mobility.

I love WW and I'll always stick with her, but I'm not looking forward to putting her up against the zoning half of the roster.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I love WW and I've been a fan of her since forever (played her in IGAU too) but I don't get how she's supposed to deal with someone like Fate or Deadshot who just spam projectiles at you the entire round.

It literally seems anti fun.

shyndoa

Noob
And it seems you can parry one time. You even can't parry a full string combo like before. In IGAU you can parry super db1 ex if you do the parry fullscreen.

Porkxxadobo

The Best Duelist in Duel Kingdom
Anyone have consistent success against Deadshot, Fate, Black Adam, etc?

Feels like such an uphill climb when playing zoners with WW.

#Makewonderwomangreatagain #givememyairdashback

One thing i'm really starting to do more to get safe traits is end combos with B2 > Trait or 3 >Trait. Probably my safest way to get trait consistently.

Also fuck Shield Toss MB into F3.......

Last edited: