What's new

Current (05/13/17) Wonder Woman

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
***Yes, I got the game early, no I cannot stream because of banning, and no Share Play does not work yet because it's locked. I didn't jot down every single thing so if some stuff is off or unclear, I will update it tomorrow. Yes, there is a 99.9% chance there will be a patch upon release and this can change...this is for anyone without the game that's curious as to what she has as of now. And yes, this is my own feedback on her, so take it with a grain of salt. This is in now way trying to replace the pre-release thread so if mods feel the need to merge them, so be it***

That aside, I have mixed feelings about the our new Goddess of War. To start, she is nothing like Injustice 1 Wonder Woman. Man jokes aside, her play and mobility has dramatically changed. She seems to have a zoning game to her now on top of the footsies and pressure. Now while it seems like she has it all (zoning + pressure), she kinda has to pick one or the other depending on the MU. Against zoners, her shield tosses don't help her out all that much, at least from what I've played so far, but against characters without strong projectiles or no projectiles at all, she can keep them at bay and chip them away with her shield tosses. Her footsies are weird to say the least, because outside of sweep range, her b2 is much too slow to contest with other footsie tools, but you "can" play footsies in that range with her Amalthea Bash provided you have meter and it won't whiff. She is actually meter dependent in this version and needs it for just about everything. Without meter, your bnb's are doing roughly 15% if even that; with bar, she gets around 30-35%. Linking b3 is MUCH tighter than Inj1 and your best ender now is 113, and not lasso grab. You need meter to make use of Amalthea Bash*MB. Trait is random, but each one still holds some use no matter what, with the exception of Artemis' Light, which is the bracelets. Can't guarantee a parry, and can't guarantee a follow up for the damage buff after either. Her jump ins aren't really ambiguous at all so crossup setups don't really exist with her, so far from what I've found

***Disclaimer*** In game frame data is off, what's new lol. Should expect an update on the official launch but as of now, I can say what's safe, borderline safe, plus and what has gaps.

Normals
What is safe:

1 - 8f high; short ranged
11 - no gap and safe
b1 - 11f mid; sweep range but can get outfootsied outside of it
b11 - no gap and safe
d1 - 6f mid
2 - 10f mid; slightly better range than 1
22 - safe and no gap
b2 - 22f overhead, -3 on block, can be followed up at point blank range; reaches at starting match point
f2 - 21f low, -6 on block, short ranged
b3 - 27f, +7 on block
f3 - 29f overhead, + on block, but forgot how much
d3 - 14 or 15f and -5 sweep

Safe/Plus but has gaps :

113 - gap between last two hits, but is plus on block and is your go to combo ender; guarantees a trait call with a few frames of advantage left over

b112 - gap between the last two hits; I honestly see no point in doing the full string, but maybe some hidden tech/use to be found; can't be cancelled, can't be followed up and knocks them away; I believe it's only safe too, not plus

d12 - -7 on block, and there's a gap between the two hits

223 - VERY plus on the last hit but theres a pretty large gap between the last two hits; decent ender as it knocks them fullscreen and in some cases can get you a safe trait call; 113 is easily better but 223 does a little more damage

b23 - not sure on the block frame data of this because of it's block stun, but there's a gap between the two hits

f23 - punishable on block

d2 - punishable up close, reaches at starting match point

Specials:
shield toss
- 14f I think, variable frame data depending on distance; unsafe up close, not plus like what in game says
Shield toss*MB - has a gap no matter how fast you MB it and MB is still unsafe; also variable frame data depending on distance
Up Shield - I believe this was 11f and was unsafe or safe, I forgot tbh because it's pretty much impossible to hit someone grounded unless you're in their face; no real use for the MB unless for combo swag I guess
Air Downward shield - 7f MID, pretty damn safe even point blank and has deceptive range; have so far found absolutely no use for the MB
Air Straight Shield - decent projectile but hardly used it all or labbed it; her other shield tosses seem to make up for this one
Amalthea Bash - about half screen 8f mid, minimal whiff recovery but unsafe on block; variable block data depending on how late the bash hits them; does not keep them standing like in the first INJ and knocks them away
Amalthea Bash*MB - +2 on block, has a decent chunk of recovery frames if you whiff it, and knocks them away pretty far but you don't get too many frames of advantage like you do with the meterless one
Upward Amalthea Bash - invincible wakeup, can't really delay the MB and has decent recovery; punishable on block; has some combo potential mostly in the corner off of d2 as well as midscreen but situational and minimal
Upward Amalthea Bash*MB - overhead, no combo follow up and is borderline safe depending on where you hit the opponent; if you hit them right, it's safe vs 6f reversals
Lasso Grab - no longer plus on block, few frames of advantage on hit, still a high, now 15f, don't remember if it's punishable if done upclose but it IS negative; MB adds a little extra damage
Bracelets of Submission - 5f parry, parries projectiles and all attacks aside from lows or jump ins; kinda different from INJ1 because you don;t recover as quickly on a successful parry AND the parry stays active for what was said in game to be 16f
Super - 22f mid and reaches from a little past starting match distance

All in all, she will take a good minute to settle down with and adjust to and it's way too early to call for any buffs or nerfs, yet unsurprisingly, the pitchforks are already here, so we'll see. Her playstyle change is welcome but can't say, for obvious reasons, what needs to be added or taken away. She doesn't thrive at all off of her b2/f2 50/50 and you REALLY need to manage your meter well this time around.

Added some combos for you guys. Video's unlisted:

I don't know all the Wonder Woman mains, so I ask if you please tag in everyone I missed.

@Skeezer12 @TheGabStandard @Saboteur-6 @Jaiyson

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Thank you SO MUCH! I was waiting for a write up on her in this version...
On paper she seems fine, I am excited to put my hands on her! And glad to see she has some safe trait set-ups, that was my only concern.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Thanks for the tag <3 <3

This is exciting, but Im also nervous. REALLY wanna main my bae but also don't want to be gimped to a mediocre character. My biggest thing is ALL the returning characters are SUPER similar but for WoWo theyre like meh fuck it lets totally change her. Anyone know why they decided to do that only to her?

Watching Robin gameplay with his sword he just seems like a better WoWo.

Her biggest strength were her mobility, air dashes for cross ups, quick 33 low starter, and no meter damage. None of that is here, and none of the new from what I see makes up for any of that, nay? I probably played 10,000 matches with her or so online in IGAU1 so Im excited to learn someone completely "new" but having it be the same character, but I hope she doesnt suck.

This is exciting, but Im also nervous. REALLY wanna main my bae but also don't want to be gimped to a mediocre character. My biggest thing is ALL the returning characters are SUPER similar but for WoWo theyre like meh fuck it lets totally change her. Anyone know why they decided to do that only to her?
I actually have a (maybe slightly hair-brained) theory behind why they did that.

Wonder Woman and Nightwing in IGAU were effectively two characters sandwiched into one via their traits. And let's be real, in Wonder Woman's case especially, Sword Stance, while far from useless, was nevertheless used far less than her Lasso Stance was. And obviously you could only use her sword/shield OR her lasso/tiara at any particular moment, which they possibly didn't feel was best representative of her as a character, and so they re-modeled her so that she can use all of her weapons all of the time.

But in general they seem to want to move away from the whole '2 in 1' deal.

Her biggest strength were her mobility, air dashes for cross ups, quick 33 low starter, and no meter damage. None of that is here, and none of the new from what I see makes up for any of that, nay? I probably played 10,000 matches with her or so online in IGAU1 so Im excited to learn someone completely "new" but having it be the same character, but I hope she doesnt suck.
I very much intend to go into Injustice 2 thinking of Wonder Woman as an entirely new character, with the old Wonder Woman being among the likes of Raven and Zatanna - characters I loved using in Injustice 1 but who won't be returning.

And honestly, I'm not going to worry too much about how good or not good she may end up being. Even if she does end up being gutter trash, there are always patches to sort things out. :p

(Also IGAU WW, as fun as she was to use, really did have an unfair amount of stuff going for her compared to a huge chunk of the cast, even if she wasn't the worst offender on that front)

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I'm not a "pro" player so i dont care if she's top tier. Is she fun to use? Did you enjoy your time w/ her or does it feel like a chore for you.

I didn't play injustice 1 so i don't have the emotional baggage of what she was or wasn't. I just like the character(always have) and really care about her being depicted like i envision her to be. Diana can fly in the comics so her needing a buff to do so bugs me.

side note-
Wonder Woman calls out the name of the god that she wants the blessing from. So having it be a random blessing doesn't even make sense. LOL.
NRS probably should have kept her saying "for the gods" and then the blessing came with the light hitting her and the god name being announced.

she raises her arm- for the gods, a light hits and she's blessed...
hail Hestia,
hail Athena
hail Hermes
ect

JMO!

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I'm not a "pro" player so i dont care if she's top tier. Is she fun to use? Did you enjoy your time w/ her or does it feel like a chore for you.

I didn't play injustice 1 so i don't have the emotional baggage of what she was or wasn't. I just like the character(always have) and really care about her being depicted like i envision her to be. Diana can fly in the comics so her needing a buff to do so bugs me.

side note-
Wonder Woman calls out the name of the god that she wants the blessing from. So having it be a random blessing doesn't even make sense. LOL.
NRS probably should have kept her saying "for the gods" and then the blessing came with the light hitting her and the god name being announced.

she raises her arm- for the gods, a light hits and she's blessed...
hail Hestia,
hail Athena
hail Hermes
ect

JMO!
That was my peeve too tbh, of all characters, she was the one left out with an air game lol. As for the fun, she is actually a LOT of fun to use and her corner game and bnbs is just as fun as in the first game. Not insane setups as of yet, but her combos are swaggy and entertaining.

As for trait, yes it's random, but the gods she calls on is specific for the buff she'll get.

Athena buffs her shield properties
Hermes give her the air dash
Hestia for her lasso
Demeter buffs her defense, she takes less damage
Artemis buffs the bracelets

Tbh, all actually have use no matter what with the exception of the bracelets, but only because a parry isn't guaranteed, nor is a punish after the recovery of it

Last edited:

Grawlix

Noob
Appreciate the write up! Given that she doesn't seem to play much like WW of Injustice 1, is there someone you can recommend for us former WW mains to check out for Injustice 2?

chores

bad at things
going from 40% meterless to 15% :(

sounds like getting in and going for 50/50 or frame trap is a thing of the past. the main thing i liked about ww was she didnt need meter at all whereas pretty much every character required it. i got to use mine for pushblocks to end peoples turns. all that is gone now! im still gonna lab her on day 1 but looking at grodd vids more and more

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Interested in trying her when I get a copy, but honestly, I'm really not liking what I have been seeing.

Injustice 1 lasso Diana was super fun.

I also really hate her shield bash move, I feel like that needs to be nerfed as soon as humanly possible or she is going to pay hardcore for it down the line.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Interested in trying her when I get a copy, but honestly, I'm really not liking what I have been seeing.

I also really hate her shield bash move, I feel like that needs to be nerfed as soon as humanly possible or she is going to pay hardcore for it down the line.
Why? It's +2 and it seems to have a lot of pushback which makes it good but idk, I don't have the game so maybe Akro could tell us his thoughts on it?

SZSR

Noob
Why? It's +2 and it seems to have a lot of pushback which makes it good but idk, I don't have the game so maybe Akro could tell us his thoughts on it?
I believe the fact that move appears (and in reality may be) very very good, is why Rathalos has reservations about it.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?

It's only +2 with pushback -___- she has nothing else to get in with or force respect. She isn't gaining oki nor pressure off of this, nor a combo. I don't understand what the issue is. It's also a mid and meterless is punishable. And requires meter on a character that NEEDS meter to do average damage in a meter intensive game. It's like everyone is allergic to neutral or something

Are we really calling for moves to be nerfed before the game's even officially out?

IMO it should be a minimum of 3 months before any character changes are made (with exceptions potentially applying for blatantly overpowered shit like corner infinites).

And I just realised I never thanked the OP for the write-up so... thanks for the write-up. Lol.

(Seriously, it's appreciated. Stuff like this is what stops the next 6 days from being absolute torture for me)

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
She is fine. You pee-ple need to actually play her yourselves, and you'll see her strength. She has tools for almost any situation, and owns large portions of screen with her shield. Patience is rewarded.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I believe the fact that move appears (and in reality may be) very very good, is why Rathalos has reservations about it.
I personally think it's too soon to well for obvious reasons. Only a handful of people are playing and already there's call for nerfing. It's nonsensical and it really shouldn't be explained why. I'd understand if it's some pre patch Cassie type of stuff like 5f punishes into 40% vortex 50/50's, but that's not the case at all