What's new

CURBOLICIOUS' Cage

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
CURBOLICOUS , your lucky when you were playing REO I told you to switch to Jax, that made some real hype matches and made you go 2-3 instead of 0-3. I was going to tell you to switch to Jax after you lost your first match vs Kabal, but I figured I would let you try Cage one more time. But say if you did switch to Jax after your first loss.... than it would have been 1-0, REO would have counterpicked with Cage, but you won anyways so it would have been 1-1 instead of 1-2. Anything could have happened at that point, I really wish I would have told you to switch to Jax earlier lol. Good shit tho anyways, you won the Jax vs Cage matchup thats suppose to be 8-2 in REO's favor
ik dude thanks lol, i was actually gonna try and pick raiden but i forgot i played jax haha. dude if i picked jax ealier the outcome of the tournament would have changed alot

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
ik dude thanks lol, i was actually gonna try and pick raiden but i forgot i played jax haha. dude if i picked jax ealier the outcome of the tournament would have changed alot
Yeah, it would have been tough to beat Maxter, and even tougher to beat CDjr. To be honest before MLG even started, I couldn't wait to see the Perfect Legend vs CDjr matchup, I thought that was gonna be so hype. I thought PL might actually win. But that night at Death's hotel when I got some casuals in with CDjr... I was like PL is not winning tomorrow lmao. There is just no way. He's probably the best MK player I ever played, mad props to him he deserved to win MLG.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Yeah, it would have been tough to beat Maxter, and even tougher to beat CDjr. To be honest before MLG even started, I couldn't wait to see the Perfect Legend vs CDjr matchup, I thought that was gonna be so hype. I thought PL might actually win. But that night at Death's hotel when I got some casuals in with CDjr... I was like PL is not winning tomorrow lmao. There is just no way. He's probably the best MK player I ever played, mad props to him he deserved to win MLG.
Yeah it would have been tough. I sandbagged so many people lol. Jr says that he would only lose to JC which is who i play but i never played Jr with my JC. It would have been cool if we got matched up during the tourny.
casuals for me was a big sandbag fest

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
I think CURBO proved that Cage will also beat Sub-Zero as well. I agree with 16 Bit when he says there needs to be a new, ACCURATE Cage MU chart.

so would you say Cage vs kenshi is 5/5? vs Sub-Zero 6/4 Cage? how about Kitana? 6/4 Cage? etc..
if things keep going on like this you guys are going to have to start rating people instead of chars

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
What is the scariest part :

- Curbo is ONLY 16, what means, that if he decides to keep making part of competitive scene, he has a good amount of years forward to develop even more skill .....

- He is young, but, showed great dominion of MK9 and overall, fighting game fundaments ..... he played solid footsie game and insane corner pressure

- He came and proved he is not just another "online warrior" : he adapted pretty fast to the fast pace offline gameplay competition rythm

- He used at his favour, the fact which people who never saw him playing before, just discredited, underestimated, and underrated him "to the bone", and so, he used this as a surprise factor and advantage, the "underdog" aura, hehe :D

- He looked calm and cool under pressure, and this, my friend, plays a great part in mind games, hehe ...... he seems that not became salty when losing, so, that's fine

- He will get more experienced in major tourney, and sooner or later, will face CDJr, what will be a great experience to him as competitive player

- He will get used with tournament pressure and competitive scene enviroment more and more, as long as he keep competing

......... major respect to him, Curbo is a phenomenon

:D

CRUM

Noob
Curb's performance was inspiring to me. Not to sound gay or anything, but anyone who is that young and can place that high at a top level competition is insane. Congrats on a sick performance and proving everyone wrong.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I told CURBOLICOUS to chill the BS until he went out & proved it. And what did he do? He fuckin walked the walk, talked the talk...OH MAN
ALSO maddddddd props to Momma Curbolicous for bringing him, supporting her son and being an awesome part of this weekend. That was awesome. I was honored to meet her as well.

CURBOLICIOUS IS THE MVP FOR MK9 AT MLG COLUMBUS!!
Shout outs to Momalicious lol

CURBOLICOUS

Espio

Kokomo
I finally got to see his Cage in action today via those amazing uploads from off stream attendees, shout outs to them:).

Also, Curbo's fundamentals were so marvelous, truly amazing performance, talk about putting in work and backing up what you say lol.

Taking notes is a must:cool:.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Dont see anything special with his cage. I was in shock cd lost to him. Curbo please come to texas showdown so i can blow you up. That esports money should get you out here. Mm first to 5 50 bucks
You should have dished out for the HD stream bro, either you need to get your eyes checked or you were watching the 80p stream. This "not so special" Cage player flew to MLG to take on the best, where were you? ps3 KotH?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
What blows my mind about Curbo, though, is his fundamentals at his age. That is something most have to learn for a while to actually get it.