What's new

CSZ X-Ray/Bomb Trap "The Glue Trap"

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys.

This video is a must watch for all serious CSZ players.

I have put together a bomb/x-ray trap from full screen, I have uploaded a detailed video description of the set up, so please, in order to understand it, you would be best to watch the full 9minutes or so.

I have had a massive success rate with this so far, It has not failed me once.

Let me know how you guys do with it, I have called it "The Glue Trap"*

CSZ Is not feared from full screen or with :x, but with this, it gives the opponent something to fear and an extra option for you if you so choose to use it.*

Hope it catches on.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Very interesting! You changed my mind about not revealing new tricks and techs.

Giving them a reason to fear something is better then not letting them know what to fear.

Thanks for the info. Gonna mess around with this in practice :)

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
How does it feel Glue? Are you mildly satisfied now? Completely?

I mean you have been keen on discovery of anything BOMB related for CSZ.

This is....cool. :eek:

Altaire

Noob
This is fucking brilliant. Simple, effective, and most importantly: Accessible.

I'm definitely going to be putting this one to use. Very nice find.

UsedForGlue

How does it feel Glue? Are you mildly satisfied now? Completely?

I mean you have been keen on discovery of anything BOMB related for CSZ.

This is....cool. :eek:
This in fact the only bomb trap he has outside of u4, But again, it's escapable. That still stands, there will never be any 100% inescapable traps with CSZ even if the bombs were to always freeze.

UsedForGlue

Addition: If you Activate the :x instantly off the ground from full screen, it will reach the opponent but it won't hit, make sure you are almost at full height of the jump at full screen.

This is good but I just hate the fact that you have to sacrifice all of your meter, this just shows how much cyber needs to be patched, he has like....nothing...

I'd say he has worse technicality than skarlet at this point, hopefully NRS can do something about this.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This is good but I just hate the fact that you have to sacrifice all of your meter, this just shows how much cyber needs to be patched, he has like....nothing...

I'd say he has worse technicality than skarlet at this point, hopefully NRS can do something about this.
The fact that he can get 36% full screen shows he needs to be patched? He doesnt need anything hes fine as he is

UsedForGlue

This is good but I just hate the fact that you have to sacrifice all of your meter.
Are you serious? That's what an :x does, its uses full meter, its not like other characters only have to use 2 bar for an :x and CSZ has been screwed to use 3...

No other character has a full screen Anti Air :x trap, that even on block will grant 36% damage.

UsedForGlue

Nice find...it looks like the opponent has more than enough time to dash forward twice though.
I mean it when I said, its best to watch the whole nine minutes.

I said not to be wasteful or spurn the :x, I specified to only do it if the opponent has not moved as the bomb hits the ground. That way, even if the opponent dashes, he will only get one dash before the x ray activates.

It is the exact same with dive kicking opponents into bombs.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I'm not a CSZ mainer, but went inmediately into the lab to test it.

What do you do if the opponent decides to dash into crouch block?

Because crouch block doesn't push them back, but instead puts them near you ready to punish the blocked X-Ray.

UsedForGlue

I'm not a CSZ mainer, but went inmediately into the lab to test it.

What do you do if the opponent decides to dash into crouch block?

Because crouch block doesn't push them back, but instead puts them near you ready to punish the blocked X-Ray.
If the opponent dashes into crouch block, then give him what ever money you have in your wallet, because it will be an amazing read...

Same scenario with teleporting opponents, they can predict the Xray and chance that you will activate, or get it wrong and be fully punished for it. Either way, the burden is on the opponent and they are forced to react and cannot just disregard the bombs anymore and only gives us something more to fear from CSZ, full screen.

The same can be said for any X-Ray, take Cages ''what if the opponent doesn't hit me when I activate ?'' well, you guessed wrong, and the opponent called your bluff.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
If the opponent dashes into crouch block, then give him what ever money you have in your wallet, because it will be an amazing read...
Heh heh.

I just wanted to give you this piece of extra info, so you guys can be wary of that. Because like you said, the opponent might try to jump or walk backwards. However, dashing forward into crouch blocking pretty much protects him from whatever CSZ can do at that distance, am I right?

UsedForGlue

Heh heh.

I just wanted to give you this piece of extra info, so you guys can be wary of that. Because like you said, the opponent might try to jump or walk backwards. However, dashing forward into crouch blocking pretty much protects him from whatever CSZ can do at that distance, am I right?
Actually no, it won't protect him from everything...In fact this opens up allot of doors.

Eventually this will become conditioning, the opponent will be forced to dash in crouch block. A jump forward into :en Dive kick will hit the opponent overhead, and if the dash into crouch block was at all late, then into the bomb, a standing block will also push the opponent back into them bomb regardless from the :en dive kick.

If the opponent walks backwards at all, then the late dash forward in crouch block will be futile, the bomb will still hit, as they won't be out of the blast radius. They will have to immediately do it and put themselves in risk of being :en dive kicked into the same scenario.