What's new

CSZ Bomb Trap - 54-65% Damage

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I've gotten this to work a couple times. Pretty neat to say the least, definitely worth trying if you think they're playing a character that can't punish it easily like reptile or something.

babalook

Noob
ive been doing 21freeze, bomb whiff, jip2, u4bomb whiff it's like 25%ish that leaves you in the same position as kabal's f4 so if you dash and press back real quick they must block 332/34 it also has some solid meter gain in it.

ive been doing 21freeze, bomb whiff, jip2, u4bomb whiff it's like 25%ish that leaves you in the same position as kabal's f4 so if you dash and press back real quick they must block 332/34 it also has some solid meter gain in it.
The issue is that mix-up can only barely make up the damage forfeited by not doing the bomb trap unless you spend meter anyway, whereas the bomb trap uses no meter in the first place. Even if you do spend meter, you'll only get noticeably more damage off 3,3 xx Ice Beam, which is not hit-confirmable off the mix-up, or 3,4 in the corner; both would only get you about 10% more damage. Doesn't seem worth the risk.

Pyronix

Phoenix
well unless you're "Jedi" -TomBrady) you can hit confirm the [jump punch,u4~] into a ice parry. to be 99.9% safe. :)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Hey man, I never seen this post before.

Il give credit where credit is due, Il happily update the credit notes on my youtube if you discovered this, it would not be fair otherwise.
Oh no I don't care about credit or anything. Just saying it's funny that like two people replied to me, and a bunch of people replied to this thread. Guess I should have made a video, haha.

wolfe

Noob
csz is one of my mains and ya, this will probably get patched just because of the damage, no other reason. sorta similar situation as cyraxes bombtrap tho not completly.

I doubt this will get patched. If this trap isn't used as a punisher, it's very risky. If completed it does about 13-17% more than any character's standard bnb, which of course is fantastic, but it's not insane. Combine this with the fact that Cyber-Sub's bombs have very little practical use outside of this, and I think it's safe to say it won't be patched.

Unless, of course, a Cyber-Sub player wins Evo by doing it a bunch of times. But that is highly unlikely for a multitude of reasons, including Cyber-Sub's bad match-ups against the picks of Kung Lao and Raiden, as well as the nature of the trap being situational at best. How many times per match (against a good opponent) will you be able to execute a sure-fire punish beginning with a jump-in punch or an u.4?

I doubt this will get patched. If this trap isn't used as a punisher, it's very risky. If completed it does about 13-17% more than any character's standard bnb, which of course is fantastic, but it's not insane. Combine this with the fact that Cyber-Sub's bombs have very little practical use outside of this, and I think it's safe to say it won't be patched.

Unless, of course, a Cyber-Sub player wins Evo by doing it a bunch of times. But that is highly unlikely for a multitude of reasons, including Cyber-Sub's bad match-ups against the picks of Kung Lao and Raiden, as well as the nature of the trap being situational at best. How many times per match (against a good opponent) will you be able to execute a sure-fire punish beginning with a jump-in punch or an u.4?
I completely agree. I think the damage on this is not quite high enough to warrant it being patched out, especially considering you can't just throw it out whenever you want or you will definitely be punished. And no one is going to win Evo with Cyber-Sub because a Kung Lao player will eventually beat him.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well now I have two reasons to use U+4 with csub. The only thing I'd like to correct is that 2,1,2+1 by itself is enough to land the xray. I do it all the time, wouldn't suggest it though since there's no room for error. This setup is better for a guaranteed xray.

Pyronix

Phoenix
Check's bomb trap with 2 bombs ! (7:28) :

10:31 -> i don't know it's work or not :spider: .
Dammit.. im exposed. The second one is the one i do.. but instead of the dive kick i use a dash and jumpin punch. because it works if the roll or if they dont roll. the only way out is a wakeup attack. and if you do an u+4~mid-bomb after the jumpin punch you can do it over again. if they keep blocking they will keep taking 25% damage each time.

Briyen

Noob
Hey man, I never seen this post before.

Il give credit where credit is due, Il happily update the credit notes on my youtube if you discovered this, it would not be fair otherwise.
I don't know I saw his post before and it was more of a concept without execution, he didn't say what should follow a u+4 cancel mid bomb, with your 2 1 2+1 hittin them in the air even with an unfrozen hit off bomb makes me see the light! the potential! thanks

33~exfreeze, 212+1, u4~mid bomb gives you a nice pressure set up. I like to scare my opponents with mixup games from 332 and 34 to get them a little bit more defensive so they hold block more, then start throwing out some these traps when I land a 332. Following it up with 212+1 causes the ice bomb to knock opponents out of block right before the launcher, which can be followed up with another u4~midbomb to continue pressure. The beauty of this is that it practically forces opponents into using a wakeup to get away from the pressure, which obviously allows you to punish accordingly.

Trying to find a way to squeeze this trap in off a 34 starter... but I'm pretty sure that it's not going to pan out.
*edit* 34, dash, b22~exfreeze, u4~midbomb seems to work, but I'm having a pretty rough time landing it.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Oh no I don't care about credit or anything. Just saying it's funny that like two people replied to me, and a bunch of people replied to this thread. Guess I should have made a video, haha.
I guess people just like to see in action along with the description.