What's new

CSZ Bomb Trap - 54-65% Damage

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys.

This is a Cyber Sub Bomb Trap.

After the jump punch into Up4 & Mid Bomb, (that takes 19%) the opponent is locked down in the stumble animation, giving Cyber the frame advantage into 2 1 2+1, which if blocked takes 3% Chip, and even if blocked or unblocked, the bomb will still launch.

The first combo takes 54% Blocked, and 59% Unblocked.

The X-Ray is technically unblockable/unbreakable after the Up4, as your blocking of the 2 1 2+1 will not grant you a break, and the bomb will launch into a unbreakable X-Ray.

Blocked it does 60%, and unblocked does 65%.

Credit goes to Check4900 for finding the Up4 into mid bomb, as before we were all doing 2 into Mid Bomb.

I have linked my video in the post, giving a explanation for everyone who is not watching it from this thread.

Enjoy.

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
Yeah, I've been doing this one for a while. I don't think there's anything short of an armored moved you can do to get out of it.

One of the problems I've been having, is finding a clean hit for this - as hit confirming this is near impossible. And I'm not sure of the frame disadvantage you're at after a blocked u.4 xx Ice Bomb.

I've also tried mixing this in after a 2,1 xx Freeze. Of course, the ice bomb doesn't come out. But, canceling u.4 seems like it leaves enough frame advantage to dash in and grab or pressure.

xTac

Noob
I can confirm this works too.

I found this out when i was collecting frame data for him.

Works without the JP as well obv.

UsedForGlue

Yeah, I've been doing this one for a while. I don't think there's anything short of an armored moved you can do to get out of it.

One of the problems I've been having, is finding a clean hit for this - as hit confirming this is near impossible. And I'm not sure of the frame disadvantage you're at after a blocked u.4 xx Ice Bomb.

I've also tried mixing this in after a 2,1 xx Freeze. Of course, the ice bomb doesn't come out. But, canceling u.4 seems like it leaves enough frame advantage to dash in and grab or pressure.
Ok, DO NOT Try to hit comfirm this, this is strictly a punishment and open combo.

If your up4 is blocked, you are screwed. You are at a massive disadvantage, you will get punished.

UsedForGlue

Sorry, I forgot to also say, that you are safe on Up4 plus mid Bomb.

But if you try to hit confirm and almost watch to see if you get the up4 hit, and it's blocked without the mid bomb, you will get punished.

Don't try hit confirm it, just stick with the input of up4 mid bomb, dial it and you can't be punished for that.

I am sure it has no advantage on block, but it is at least 0 or -1...

Can anyone confirm the frame data for it?

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
Ok, DO NOT Try to hit comfirm this, this is strictly a punishment and open combo.

If your up4 is blocked, you are screwed. You are at a massive disadvantage, you will get punished.
Oh I know, heheh. I've been using this setup for a while now. You can't hit confirm this because of the way the combo system works. You have to commit to u.4 xx Ice Bomb before it ever hits.

What I don't know is if you u.4 xx Ice Bomb is blocked, how much of a frame disadvantage is it? And while it may be at a frame disadvantage, how punishable is it after the amount of push back and an Ice Bomb being on screen?

I've done this to a lot of people on block, but no one has ever attempted to punish it.

UsedForGlue

I have never been punished from it yet. Not even from a reptile player.

Just don't miss the mid bomb, or else you will be going through your Up4 drop kick animation for about 2.5 Seconds...

I think that when this starts becoming a regular thing for CSZ players to do, then people will try to punish it more, but they need to be waiting on it.

But I will never really use this as a string that I think will be blocked.

I always use it as punishment.

mingzang

Master of Disaster
Good shit UsedForGlue , thank you so much :) .

BTW , Check's CSub bomb trap , he uses 2 bombs .

Check4900 Twitter said:
Found a new bomb trap. This time with Cyber Sub.
Check4900 Twitter said:
@mingzang39 55% no meter and starts with a jump punch.
Check4900 Twitter said:
@mingzang39 It uses TWO bombs. First bomb is like a mini popup. Then you uppercut onto the second bomb into a slide. It's really cool.
Maybe UsedForGlue's bomb trap and Check's bomb trap are the same , start with JP - U4 ~ Mid Bomb .

I think Check will show us his CSub bomb trap in his story mode combo videos

When i saw CSub the first time , i knew choosing CSub is not a bad idea lol .

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
I have never been punished from it yet. Not even from a reptile player.

Just don't miss the mid bomb, or else you will be going through your Up4 drop kick animation for about 2.5 Seconds...

I think that when this starts becoming a regular thing for CSZ players to do, then people will try to punish it more, but they need to be waiting on it.

But I will never really use this as a string that I think will be blocked.

I always use it as punishment.
Really?! Safe, even from Reptile? Hmm. Perhaps, I should be using that more often.

Thanks for pointing that out!

UsedForGlue

No, I did'nt say it was safe.

It just has not been punished yet, but reptile can easily punish it.

Gonna get paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatched
Why in the world would this get patched? It is still quite annoying to pull off online, and it has to be used as a punisher. It is nowhere near as annoying and nooby as MK3 Cyrax's unblockable bomb trap.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wow...good stuff. This probably will be patched, though. It's not so much that it's easy to land, because obviously it's not...it's the damage they'll be looking at. It's just too high.

I wouldn't wanna see this removed, though. If anything, just reduce u4's damage. It's a punish trap...so it shouldn't be 100% gone.

Wow...good stuff. This probably will be patched, though. It's not so much that it's easy to land, because obviously it's not...it's the damage they'll be looking at. It's just too high.

I wouldn't wanna see this removed, though. If anything, just reduce u4's damage. It's a punish trap...so it shouldn't be 100% gone.
This is where you are wrong. the strength/safety tradeoff for u4 is fine. It doesn't need any patch at all.

UsedForGlue

u4 and u4~bomb is punished by full combo by every character in the game. it is not even close to safe.
Yea, I have said it is not safe on block in the earlier posts.

Maybe I have confused people, I will clear this up.

It is not a hit confirmable string, the only situation it is to be used in is when you can guarantee the combo landing, if the up4 into bomb is blocked then you can be punished, I have yet to be punished for it yet as it is new, and it is not expected yet, but it is entirely punishable and when it becomes more common then punish is guaranteed on block.

If you miss the bomb you will be left doing your drop kick animation for almost two seconds.

UsedForGlue

Good shit UsedForGlue , thank you so much :) .

BTW , Check's CSub bomb trap , he uses 2 bombs .

Maybe UsedForGlue's bomb trap and Check's bomb trap are the same , start with JP - U4 ~ Mid Bomb .

I think Check will show us his CSub bomb trap in his story mode combo videos

When i saw CSub the first time , i knew choosing CSub is not a bad idea lol .
It was check who told me about the Up4 into Slide at the end of combo, and the UP4 into mid bomb combo trap.

I can't do his other double bomb trap everytime, its so timing specific and can't guarantee it when I attempt it.

UsedForGlue

That's possible, but it happened many times. He didn't just duck and block, he stopped blocking to crouch under it. It was probably my timing I guess.
Sorry man, but it is the timing. Put the AI on crouch block in the trainning mode, and you will see that once you connect the jump punch the up4 connects.

Xstatic

Noob
He blocked the cross-up standing, then let go of block and ducked when the u4 came out. Meh, it doesn't matter. Probably just mistimed it.