What's new

CrystalCage brings you......... The "Official" WWE Discussion Thread

crystalcage

Top Contributor
seems strange jeff would sign with TNA when he had such popularity in WWE.

i see, thanks. well, its still an hour of programming. put it elsewhere.

batitsa on raw? who saw that coming ;/

move christian to smackdown
I didn't follow the Jeff Hardy drama in detail but I think it was something to do with failing another wellness test in WWE. He was pretty popular when he went out though, but I guess in the downtime he has since found a home on TNA.

Batista is a fgt. Nobody likes him.

Christian... love him. he needs to go somewhere that ISN'T ECW and fast. I feel like he's being cheated really, even though he is the champ over there.

to me, with hardy, he never really got the respect he deserved at wwe. he was known as a tag partner and the only reason they pushed him was cuz TNA pushed him. thats how i see it. jeff hardy was arrested for possession with the intent to sell i believe. massive pills and whatnot. not sure how the hell he got out of that. wasnt he only on TNA the one night they went to war with RAW?

batista will be done soon anyway.

i respect christian for not jumping into the limelight since coming back. hes earned his right to move anywhere he wants. what they do with him is anyones guess. to me, its the same story as jeff. christian was never considered a champion over there ( then again, neither was edge for a while ) and what WWE really need to do is start pushing these new guys like they did with sheamus.

taker hbk II

yea, funny crystal. also wound up reading some ish about raw moving to 3 hours if TNA comes to mondays lol. funny.

i should be a wrestler.... or something

crystalcage

Top Contributor
here's what I have as far as "news"

- "WWE NXT" confirmed as the new name for the show replacing ECW on SyFy on Tuesday's beginning March 2

- TNA still interested in signing Jim Ross (http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1265303417.php)

- John Cena's MRI results are good (http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1265302269.php)

- up and coming RAW guest hosts (http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1265229126.php)

- Bret Hart has been talking to TNA staff (http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1265140029.php)

- Gregory "Hurricane" Helms arrested (http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1265090317.php)

- Wrestlemania 27 = Atlanta, GA (http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1265047776.php)

Today's releases:

Gregory "Hurricane" Helms
Paul Burchill
Maria
Scott Armstrong (ref)

I am VERY surprised that it took this long to get rid of Maria. She's been ridiculously useless for a long time.

WWE NXT, I already got a soft spot for Barrett. He seems like a jerk, which is an instant win for me. Aso looks like we will possibly have a CM Punk/Rey Mysterio match at WM, which should be interesting, and of course the HBK vs Undertaker, streak vs career.

crystalcage

Top Contributor
random bitching off the top of my head about current happenings in the WWE

- Justin Gabriel should have won NXT. I'm very happy David Otunga didn't win. Wade Barrett can :suckit: I'm sure we have not heard or seen the last from any of them, WWE has recently filed applications to trademark all of their names.

- Season 2 of NXT starts right away next week. Not sure how I feel about the cast just yet based on intros alone, excited to see the son of I.R.S./grandson of Blackjack Wyndham. Hopefully he does well. Mr Perfect's kid is also in there.

- still ♥ Randy Orton.

- I think I like the "RAW is Cyber Sunday" coming up. Voting starts Monday on wwe.com (Check!) and poll results will be what you see during the 3 hour RAW that night. I'd vote for Piper vs Drew McIntyre. ;)

... please do something with Christian on Smackdown or send him back to RAW so we can all finally get our Christian vs Edge match, thank you.

that's it for now, will add more when I think of more to complain about.

Rushdown

Noob
Haven't seen any wrestling in a long time. Do any of the people who were good at it still do it? Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, Super Crazy, Tajiri, etc

crystalcage

Top Contributor
Haven't seen any wrestling in a long time. Do any of the people who were good at it still do it? Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, Super Crazy, Tajiri, etc
love Rob Van Dam, he is currently in TNA (Thursday nights, SpikeTV 9-11pm)

damn, someone knows some ECW. Yeah Jerry Lynn is with ROH or at least he was about a year or so ago. Probably still is. After WWE got rid of Super Crazy he went back to Mexico and I'm not sure if he's currently doing anything wrestling related, if he is... it's random stuff. Tajiri is the fucking man and he's doing it up over in Japan. He does random pop-in's at overseas WWE events, like house shows or whatever. Right now I believe he's affiliated with New Japan pro wrestling. Not sure...

Rushdown

Noob
Hey thanks for the updates. I didn't really mean that post quite like I typed it. When I watched I liked the guys that did the most impressive stuff physically (like the RVD vs Jerry Lynn series, or the triple threat fights between Crazy, Tajiri and (who was the other one? Something Guido?), Mike Awesome vs Tanaka, Sabu doing stupid shit, New Jack balcony dives, that dude who dressed like Green Lantern (forget the name) etc. I was never much of a fan of the "punch, punch, kick, kick, bodyslam, repeat" type of stuff. It seemed like that was all WWF and WCW would let their people do, so we mostly watched old ECW tapes :)

wazz

Noob
Hey thanks for the updates. I didn't really mean that post quite like I typed it. When I watched I liked the guys that did the most impressive stuff physically (like the RVD vs Jerry Lynn series, or the triple threat fights between Crazy, Tajiri and (who was the other one? Something Guido?), Mike Awesome vs Tanaka, Sabu doing stupid shit, New Jack balcony dives, that dude who dressed like Green Lantern (forget the name) etc. I was never much of a fan of the "punch, punch, kick, kick, bodyslam, repeat" type of stuff. It seemed like that was all WWF and WCW would let their people do, so we mostly watched old ECW tapes :)
u mean this guy The huricane aka hurricane helmes i think

crystalcage

Top Contributor
-- As reported earlier, Undertaker suffered a broken orbital bone, broken nose and a concussion after taking a seated senton from Rey Mysterio during a match taped last week for Friday Night SmackDown!. It was not the first time in which he broke his orbital bone as he suffered the same injury while working a match with Mabel (a/k/a Viscera) in 1995. The injury forced him to don a grey mask for a few weeks while he recovered.

-- There has been talk of having Justin Gabriel team up with another babyface, possibly Matt Hardy. Many feel his talking ability is lacking and thus needs someone who can speak on his behalf.

-- CM Punk was kept off the weekend house shows resting up minor injuries.