What's new

Crouching and yet not blocking

Altsa

Unintended inputs are a popular topic these days so here’s something similar.

Imagine you are playing against Deadshot and you trying to work your way in. You keep ducking his shots and slowly make your way closer. Then he pulls out his rifle and you get ready to block. You duck the same exact way you did against all those straight shots but for some reason the rifle hit you and now you are at fullscreen distance.

Here’s a demonstration video:

The reason your character is not blocking is because of this input :qtr. The game thinks you are moving forward and crouching at the same time. The problem is that ”forward” is dominant over ”down”. Your character is clearly crouching but you can’t block any attacks.

(Also for the record, ”down” is dominant over ”back”)

This is less of a problem for those with more accurate controller(i.e. a hitbox controller) but when you are playing with a standard ps4 pad(with that ****** ****** d-pad) you get these inputs :qtl,:qtr accidentally all the time. There is no good reason for ”forward” to take priority when you are ducking.

Fixing this would probably reduce the frustration people have against zoning in this game by a lot.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
This would explain why I got hit by some things that I was crouching against. Getting hit by Dr Fate projectiles while crouching when they are in no way overheads.

It happens a lot to me when I block a jump in and then try to crouch for the follow up, but then I just get blown up. Thanks for posting this I thought something was wrong with my controller lol

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I swear sometimes im crouching and i still get hit. It happens to me after a dash up then i crouch and i get hit

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
That makes no sense. It's just crouching. Is there even 1 reason to make it disable blocking?
You would be able to pushblock while guarding if you could block with d/f

Is it intended to have a special come out instead when you go to low poke punish off it though? :DOGE
I might make a post at some point breaking down some of the input questions, if I have time. I am looking at any feedback posted about inputs, even if some of them don't really make sense.

Even if it's working as intended currently, would you guys be able to change it so that if you're crouching period, you block any low attacks?
Can it change? Of course. Will it? Probably not as this is how it was in Injustice 1. Just wanted to let people know it wasn't a bug and is intended, so you can practice hitting down if you want to block.

P.S. If you're reading this, don't spam me with questions. I don't check TYM much

Noob
I don't think you should be blocking if you are pressing down forward. The issue is more not that you wanted to press down forward, but that the DS4 Dpad is so shockingly bad that you accidentally get a down forward press.
This is unfair, but it wont happen on the Xbone controller. More on what the dude was saying though, if you are crouched regardless of what other direction you are pressing, you should get block. That is the issue.

Of course I disagree strongly on everything about it anyway. down forward should not be block. And neither should down. The only blocking options we should have should be back, or back down.