What's new

Match Footage Critique my skarlet

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well, for most - and me she is demanding execution wise. Small windows for inpts etc. Perhaps you posses High execution skill my friend. And Sub may not be equal, but I might be wrong here. And I kinda dont get what You had in mind sayin' "fighting for shit" but it dosent matter anyway I guess.
More less, there are few who dose operate Skarlet, but online its pain in the ass, so maybe thats why there are few who decides to bother.
i play offline

shes a character that trains her opponent, i dont like doing that first

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
let me aid RedRaptor10 here.

Generally opponents who crouch block because of the red pain frametrap (114~ex dagger Cancel) can be invicted to fuzzy if you throw 212 on the mix, especially when they're waiting for something else.

Canceling with slide is garanteed so there is a less risk of armoring out unless they want to get meter drained of course, if they don't stand block you can ex downslash them for it, or you can grab them in case they decide to keep blocking any outcome.
it doesn't jail for ex dagger, it has 1 frame where they can crouch block and the ex dagger would whiff

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
if you think this, you're not playing her to her potential.
I agree 1,000 percent. I used to think that her high combos aren't that tough... they really aren't, so that means she's really not too tough of a character to play. However, hit confirming every f4 into the appropriate rd ds or slide... or hit confirming f21 into rd ds, or using instant air daggers every time instead of regular ground canceled daggers... this is what adds up to making her a tough character to play. Also, canceling her enhanced daggers is easy, doing it on the perfect frame and following up is another story. All that said, using it all on action and reaction still has yet to be seen in high level play. Anyone saying its not hard doesn't know, there are two skarlet's to play, easy skarlet and perfect skarlet.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
her executions not that hard, you give little to do the easiest combos anyways

her playstyle i really dont like, fishing for shit isnt how i play
Skarlet is a character that is very meter dependend, doesn't have crazy or guaranteed setups like cyrax or sonya has. But she deals good very good damage.

I'm really sorry for you to giving up so early, u didn't even give her a chance.
I don't blame you, even in Angola those who said they would pick Skarlet to make me see what they've been trough they always quit and say the same exact thing you do.
Skarlet Combos are not too hard, using her in actual battle is.

if we all who stood by Skarlet were like that i'm pretty sure this character would still be considered garbage, if none of us would actually try to understand her well.

She can be difficult at the beginning i can give you that, but once you understand exactly what to do and when to do, ppl will start to hate every time you pick this character. Anyway we will be here to help in case you decide to return.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
if you think this, you're not playing her to her potential.
yet if you think thats the only thing i said you didnt read my whole post.

i said her execution gaps are huge regarding as in she doesnt trade that much to lessen the execution requirements.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

i said her execution gaps are huge regarding as in she doesnt trade that much to lessen the execution requirements.
be gone hater!

skarlet is the hardest execution character in the game and we like her that way!

#nocomeback

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

Are you saying her easier combos don't lose much for damage? You gotta give examples to back that up, cause I would say you're wrong - the easier combos give up significant damage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Are you saying her easier combos don't lose much for damage? You gotta give examples to back that up, cause I would say you're wrong - the easier combos give up significant damage.

im not saying the easiest but her decent- close to high execution combos are not that hard to do and dont give up that much more damage

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Skarlet is 100% muscle memory, just like Kabal, ofc mk9 is not a game with that hard execution anyway, even if there is always a way to improve execution to make better combos (exit Rain f0xy combos xD).

So mk9 = easy execution, skarlet & kabal = hardest execution of mk9.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
im not saying the easiest but her decent- close to high execution combos are not that hard to do and dont give up that much more damage
36% reset + 16% blockstring is 52% damage + meter rebuild, how is that not much damage?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
36% reset + 16% blockstring is 52% damage + meter rebuild, how is that not much damage?
did you even read my posts? I said not much damage compared to the high execution combos.

im out, tired of cock fighting about a char i dont even care about

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
did you even read my posts? I said not much damage compared to the high execution combos.

Lol, there is cleary some misunderstanding here, but its all right, i won't be bothering you anymore.

Stay free bro:p

Always wanted to use this phrase ^_^

Ninj

It's not a fight, you're just wrong.

Ninj

You commit to combos you haven't hit confirmed. You use EX Red Dash as a wakeup for no real reason, wasting a bar.

Don't throw out random standing dagger toss against Cyrax unless you know he's not throwing a net or can't throw one. 2% isn't worth a 60% bnb punish. Instant air dagger only.

You teleport as a wakeup quite a bit, and teleport in general far too often. Offline, every one of those teleports (minus the ones that are good reads) are going to get you blown up.

Go into practice mode and practice the down slash combos. They deal more damage.

Practice block string chains. F4,red dash (empty) -- B1,1,F4,red dash (empty) -- 1,1,4,EX dagger cancel into back dash into F4,red dash. Set the computer to auto block and work on hit confirming F4 into up slash (hit confirming F4 into down slash is harder - work your way up to it).

That said, this is online. Show us some offline stuff and I can actually critique your thought process. Online is often too sloppy to read what it is you were actually trying to do or read.

You commit to combos you haven't hit confirmed. You use EX Red Dash as a wakeup for no real reason, wasting a bar.

Don't throw out random standing dagger toss against Cyrax unless you know he's not throwing a net or can't throw one. 2% isn't worth a 60% bnb punish. Instant air dagger only.

You teleport as a wakeup quite a bit, and teleport in general far too often. Offline, every one of those teleports (minus the ones that are good reads) are going to get you blown up.

Go into practice mode and practice the down slash combos. They deal more damage.

Practice block string chains. F4,red dash (empty) -- B1,1,F4,red dash (empty) -- 1,1,4,EX dagger cancel into back dash into F4,red dash. Set the computer to auto block and work on hit confirming F4 into up slash (hit confirming F4 into down slash is harder - work your way up to it).

That said, this is online. Show us some offline stuff and I can actually critique your thought process. Online is often too sloppy to read what it is you were actually trying to do or read.
Thanks. Yea& I've played offline with her like once...against cage. Not a good mu to try and learn a character haha. I'm starting to.have more muscle memory with her stuff. Lots of what you said is true though. I just don't trust myself to.hit confirm certain.things online so I just trust my read. Bad I know. I've been working mostly on.block strings the last two days as well.

#IamMuffinMuggers