What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Quan Chi Creating our evil plan- Quan chi's matchup discussion-to take over netherrealm

gibster13

A fan of fans
I shall revive this thread :D i main quan don't go to bed just yet :D

Kung Lao-- I find this matchup hard IF kung lao is in your face. Zone him out and bait a teleport.
Jax-- This is similar to the kung lao. Quans zoning is a must in this matchup. Whne max is in it is a struggle. Use b2 quite a bit because it out ranges jax
Sonya Blade--Zone zone zone. Not a hard match up at all if Quan is in control. Zone to be in control
Kenshi-- Surpisingly i think Quan has the zoning advantage over kenshi but it is close. Don't be afraid to go in in this match up.
Kitana-Simply zone her out she is awful. If the pick kitana slice of your hand to make the match up bait more even. If they pick mournful it becomes slightly harder but you can zone slightly better.
Scorpion--A rather hard match up. Scorpions teleport bypasses Quans doing but STILL zone with him. Bait the teleport and full combo punish.
Sub Zero--must zone because the ice clone destroys unclose. Don't let him get in at all.
Mileena-- she is easy to zone out and bait the teleport and punish for 37% and put full screen
Takeda--Zone and bait the teleport. You can go in with the b2 but be careful about his b21
Cassie--Never ever let her in. She recks everyone and quan. Armour through her pressure if desperate but don't yolo teleport. Zone her out.
Jacqui-- Don't be spammed. You are Quan chi zone her out. You can go in with the b2 but i would stick to zoning.
Kung jin--He must must must be zoned. Don't even think about going in.
Shinnok--hahahahaha zone the shit out of him and bait teleport then punish
kano--He is hard because his knife is quick af. Zone him out and don't let him be in control
jcage--zone him out.simple
Erron black--hard when he is in so don't let him
lui--you can zone and go in but be careful.
ermac--very very hard to zone so you have to really on the teleport bait and getting ermac into the corner
kotal-Zone
reptile-zone
ferra/tor-zone but be careful if they are in vicious.
d'vorah-she is horrible for him up close. Zone her out, your life depends on it
raiden--dont be scared. Zone with caution and if he is in use b2 or b1 to keep him in check
goro--zone
jason-zone and d3 recks him
tanya-zone and go in. This needs a balance

Need help to zone check out my thread :D Quan is based on his zoning and vortex so you MUST use them

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I've played a lot of games vs Scorpion, Liu Kang, among others.

I think Liu Kang in Dragonfire is a huge pain in the ass, particularly in Sorcerer.

His bicycle kick can not only armor break, but can be MB for adv on block and pushback on block gets you out of the armor circle.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
That's ="Johnny Based Cage, post: 1764931, member: 29007"]Can you change that to "our" so that people don't perceive all Quan Chi mains as retarded by association?[/QUOTE]
That's a bit far, don't you think?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Maybe if we got the thread title changed to something less embarrassing and OP wasn't thanking everyone for their useless information more people would be clicking on the thread and actively participating in the matchip discussions.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wah-wah-wah-waaaaahhh.

Or cue Price is Right failure music.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Though I am interested to see what develops in QC's MU's. With the combo of Summoner/Sorceror I can't see him having too many bad MU's at all.

gibster13

A fan of fans
You two talked like nobody else in there mained quan, I made things clear.
you misunderstood. All I said was I main quan because someone complained there were no quans and their tech was useless. That is all. I know there is more then one quan player lol

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So from what I understand, the game plan is to zone consistently. Prefferably with an armor rune/puggles advantage

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
So from what I understand, the game plan is to zone consistently. Prefferably with an armor rune/bat advantage
Literally, quans zoning is too insane to not use. Why let someone get in and potentially hurt you where you can keep them full screen and kill them :D

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
What are Warlock Quan's matcups like? I feel like the gameplan changes as Warlock cause I'm pretty sure if you're going to zone in Warlock you might as well play Sorc/Summ.