What's new

cR Sonic Fox Wins MKXL at Final Round 19

Sonic returning to Erron after all this time, and with gunslinger too. Who would have guessed? I think the grand finals sucked purely because of dragon, once Fox took the first two matches, he, the people and Sonic knew that the game was over

what an awesome event guys... FR19 really pulls out the breaks and went all in. What a blast. Only thing that bugged me was I wish gf-MK and gf-SFV was staggered so it didn't split the crowd up : (. I think this was the biggest reason for GF anti-hype.

Big thanks to Kombatn-Network for getting the stream running under those terrile conditions and all that stuff that was out of your control, and of course for not just packing it in and saying fuck you to all the ungrateful trolls in steam chat. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a MK fan with the way some of these children behave.

@Pnut you seriously brought the pain and showed us exactly how awesome the variation system is in this game. Never sleep on any version, OH its al about Blood and Sun now is it?... just amazing play on all levels dude.

@SonicFox5000 well, u win again... but I just have to comment on that awesome tactical playvs DJT... zone zone zone to build meter and then run in x-ray to kill, timed perfectly... there is not doubt in my mind that was a tactical plan and it was beautiful. Top 8 in 3 games including the elitist SFV... man awesome.

@cR Dragon I think you should have run Tanya all comp. Her nurff aint that bad. You know her backwards as well as her match ups. Adjusting to the normalisation on her instead of a new charocter might have been a better way to go.... though you hit gF so what would i know... great stuff dude.. better luck next time.

Shouts to everyone else. still not seen top32 yet as I missed it this morning, about to watch now.. but I would just like to add that @Kitana Prime is one of the top MK casters in the scene, if not the best. You did such a great job man,

Also all the kP2 Armageddon sandwich board homeless bum doomsayers... kp2 had hardly an impact. We had 1 player running it to GF and hardly anyone in top32 who even used them apart from a few pocket picks. Sure we had a Alien GF, but kp2 dominance and Cyborg fear was so unfounded.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
MKXL is woefully lacking in competitive value.
whoa

save your pity for the poor sfv community. they don't even have an arcade mode and i have like 8 scorpions skins over here. look at all this content mkxl has compare to sfv, come on man relax feel bad for a community with devs that care about the competitieve scene

and congrats to sonic in all his games

Last edited:

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
I thought it was a great tournament. A few surprises, a few upsets but everything still seemed to fall in line.

Horrible day for alien though, and not because he was OP. GF seemed to have the two players everyone loves to root against for whatever reason. Add that to an alien mirror and people are claiming no hype and nerf cries. Looks like you all should have learned alien or the MU instead of drooling over Triborg lol.

Either way congrats to Fox for winning and Dragon for getting to GF again, making everyone jelly, again.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
That GF put me to fucking sleep. Like I actually fell asleep watching it not joking.

The rest was good. Props to pnut.

That ONE cyrax player had some long, many bomb combos, so yeah Cyrax is broken and needs nerfs

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
That ONE cyrax player had some long, many bomb combos, so yeah Cyrax is broken and needs nerfs
yeah, those 28-31% combos are so unfair. Yes they are long, but they do shit damage. There is a reason no Cyrax has made it out of pools in any event in the entire world (yet)

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
yeah, those 28-31% combos are so unfair. Yes they are long, but they do shit damage. There is a reason no Cyrax has made it out of pools in any event in the entire world (yet)
I think it's a bit early for that kinda statement cuz there's only been one major. But yeah agreed people need to calm their tits on Cyrax

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
Probably one of the most entertaining MKX tournaments to date leading up to GFs. And then, well... GFs. Props to everybody that made top 8 though, especially the players out of the TX scene.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
He was trying to be cute, but then you realize he's not a prepubescent 10yr old girl like some of his posts imply and you're left with a slight sense of disappointment.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Knew he'd do it, nothing gets to this guy he's profound.
Also shout outs to Unstoppable Jason, nothing I enjoyed more was really hoping someone would use him too after his crazy buffs and this is the perfect man to showcase it.

Pnut is crazy good though showing that Kotal is stupid good still and there's no question that with good form you could win a major, so close man!

needless to say the tournament was pretty hype but that Grand finals i'm sure we can all agree was boring as can be lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
And we was nerfed for the tourney.
Not sure how closely you've followed the CSZ pitchforks, but after the hotfix Nerf people still wouldn't/don't shut up about nerfing bombs, nerfing DiveKick, nerfing HTB's, and nerfing drone literally all the way up until today's tournament.

Fast forward to Final Round and... Yea.