What's new

Video/Tutorial - Killer Countering Unblockable Meaty Set-Ups

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Well known tech but thanks for getting this out to people who don't know the matchup! Also another thing to remember is jumping out is really never an option because the unblockable move does have an air hitbox.

And armoring out is a very viable option, the trick is to time it correctly instead of repeatedly kinda mashing it like in the video. This is vital MU knowledge though, really good that you are spreading the word on it.

REO

Undead
Well known tech but thanks for getting this out to people who don't know the matchup! Also another thing to remember is jumping out is really never an option because the unblockable move does have an air hitbox.

And armoring out is a very viable option, the trick is to time it correctly instead of repeatedly kinda mashing it like in the video. This is vital MU knowledge though, really good that you are spreading the word on it.
Why the hell were people telling me in the chat to just jump out as if it was a command grab.

If stream monsters were a life line in tournament, everybody would go 0-2.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

Try it yourself and see what happens...

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Thanks REO! But please post the set. Your twitch archive doesn't have any videos. Would love to see this set.

Reactions: jmt

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yup. I was laughing my ass off at those "just jump" comments as if hit stun isn't a thing. This character is hella dumb though. Feels like backdash doesn't come out for me sometimes either. Maybe the hit advantage after some normals. You're basically stuck eating over 50% or two back to back high damage full screen carry combos depending on if they caught you backdash'ing or you couldn't escape the setup.

One of a few things incredibly dumb with this variation.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Thanks for the video REO. Coming from a Killer main, this is a dumb setup that I wouldn't mind seeing vanish. Sorry for stream monsters spreading misinformation but yeah the unblockable has different properties than a command grab. Like was mentioned in the thread, I think some armor moves beat this if they have armor in the first few frames (some armored moves can be stuffed). It has happened to me however it could've been mistiming the 4 input on my part and giving them an extra frame or two of time to armor out.

I am not at home to test this but if you put a training dummy on reversal can you test which moves beat this since it will come out in frame perfect timing?

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
I may be alone in saying this, but I'm actually looking forward to more people getting the backdash counter down.

As it stands now I only play online and I haven't played anyone that consistantly backdashes the finale of the combo, and an easy 14% hard knock down is too good to pass up. The BS4 cancel-and-punish is exciting, though, and I want to practice using it in live fire scenarios.

Imagine their reaction when they finally get the backdashing down, only to be caught by a cancel for pressure and another full combo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If Kenshi can backdash it, everybody should be able to. Have you tried getting it in the frame instead of buffering it @SaltShaker? I've had better luck going about it that way.
That might be what I was doing wrong. I'll definitely try buffering it like in the vid next time. Just make sure you're right or you get full combo'd, again lol.

jmt

Noob
Thanks for the video REO. Coming from a Killer main, this is a dumb setup that I wouldn't mind seeing vanish. Sorry for stream monsters spreading misinformation but yeah the unblockable has different properties than a command grab. Like was mentioned in the thread, I think some armor moves beat this if they have armor in the first few frames (some armored moves can be stuffed). It has happened to me however it could've been mistiming the 4 input on my part and giving them an extra frame or two of time to armor out.

I am not at home to test this but if you put a training dummy on reversal can you test which moves beat this since it will come out in frame perfect timing?
Saying it needs to vanish makes no sense. It's totally fine. It's only 14% and you can escape it.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
@YOMI REO if you delay the unblockable by a few frames it can also catch backdashes that are mashed out, the only options out of that is armor (because the gap is larger it is much easier to armor) or trading a 6/7 frame poke if the leatherface player timed it correctly. A Delayed backdash will work but you have to time it just right. You cant jump back, foward, or straight up either. This almost adds a mix-up situation where you have to pay very close attention to the actual cancel. The leatherface player will have to watch what the other player likes doing and try to catch the opposition off guard and get it done on the fly.