What's new

Could the MK community raise the money for a new patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Please give your valid reasons of a patch, and what should be changed.

Please be as detailed as possible, I'd like to know. Frame Data, moves, fixing, etc.

I don't think 80%of people know what they "want" in a patch, but cry patch. I don't know either.
Blockstun could be removed. I didn't want to mention any details cause I'm no expert on any character. I can give something simple though, Cyrax for example. Leave all his bullshit resets in. Lower his lifepoints. Is that doable? I think it is. Cyrax players won't have to relearn him and no character needs to be buffed to deal with him. He would be MK's Akuma. Lots of setups, doing lots of damage but low health. Like I told you I can not go into details with any characters evenless with frames etc. and I'm sure nobody can. But as a community as a whole I'm sure we all can agree on what needs to be improved upon. Btw if you've experienced Cage vs Kenshi and don't think a patch is warranted then my friend I wouldn't know what to say.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Trust me, I would love the game to be fixed with the small problems it has. Doing a patch now can go either way. The only fear I have is the way they'll handle each character. Would they buff the lower tiers so they can compete with the rest of the cast or completely ruin characters in act of "balance"?

This isn't about you being a nobody or anything like that. I feel trying to patch the game is an easy way out most people want. There are a few people that actually believe they can overcome bad match ups, problems, etc. If most of the community was like that from the start then maybe we'd have a better game now. This generation of gaming is spoiled by patches and I feel like we should deal with it
I respect your point.

That is my case and point, no body really knows what they want in a patch except for a few top players, and even then some think the game is fine this way. This patch crying, is, like a trend or something, I don't get it.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
That is my case and point, no body really knows what they want in a patch except for a few top players, and even then some think the game is fine this way. This patch crying, is, like a trend or something, I don't get it.
I did tell you what I want. Blockstun to be removed so we can punish properly. That has nothing to do with any character movesets but will affect the whole roster. And I did gie you an example with Cyrax. His movesets and frames unchanged but lifepoints lowered. It's only fair seeing he can do some much damage to every other character with his ridiculous resets to let him able withstand less damage himself. The rest of the community can input what they want and I'm sure the NRS don't really need our help to decide what needs to be patched. By now I believe they know what is f'ed up with this game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Blockstun could be removed.
Does anyone know EXACTLY what this does? Because it seems NO ONE knows what removing blockstun would do. -_-

People want to fix the blockstun issues, when it has nothing to do with the actual blockstun itself.

And I would like to see a patch, but helping to fund such a thing is not really possible for the community.

the things that are really messed up in this game cant really be fixed, resets and kabal are fucked up but I think it is better to play the game as it is. NRS gets a shot at the'' perfect game'' with mk10. its already the best game out there imo, the main ideas are heavily in favor of the better player(breaker/meter management/footsies/whiff punishing, specials that are punishable etc.).

edit: a lot of stuff that is messed up in this game could have been avoided if they let a good team test the game for like 2 months instead of just one week. you really need good fg players in general to test a new game, and you need fg players from each game, even if you let daigo test it, does daigo have any experience in mk, persona, blazblue, kof or any 3d fighting game in general?

Does anyone know EXACTLY what this does? Because it seems NO ONE knows what removing blockstun would do. -_-

People want to fix the blockstun issues, when it has nothing to do with the actual blockstun itself.

And I would like to see a patch, but helping to fund such a thing is not really possible for the community.
Exactly, my case and point. Lol, no one really knows what they want aside from a few top players, everyone else is just running their mouth just to run it, and from those few, they say the game is fine.

Solid, everyone punishes fine man when I watch, frame data = correct punishes.

AssassiN

Noob
Didn't someone from NRS say that the most issues that people have with this game are almost hardcoded into the game itself thereby making it extremely hard if not impossible to patch it out?

THTB

Didn't someone from NRS say that the most issues that people have with this game are almost hardcoded into the game itself thereby making it extremely hard if not impossible to patch it out?
Yes, which is why asking for some of these patches make no sense.

Yeah, they have to redo the whole system it's really balls deep in there. Apparently, if they changed the things we asked, it wouldn't be MK9 anymore, and changing things just doesn't effect the game, it can effect misc things like UIs and shit, also, they have so many things layered when they patched MK9, such as armor and shit, that it's really hard to go back to change it.

If they change it, they have to change if for EVERY revision they made, so they have to look at like every patch and make the same change and hope shit don't fuck up.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I did tell you what I want. Blockstun to be removed so we can punish properly. That has nothing to do with any character movesets but will affect the whole roster. And I did gie you an example with Cyrax. His movesets and frames unchanged but lifepoints lowered. It's only fair seeing he can do some much damage to every other character with his ridiculous resets to let him able withstand less damage himself. The rest of the community can input what they want and I'm sure the NRS don't really need our help to decide what needs to be patched. By now I believe they know what is f'ed up with this game.
Block stun removed?? You mean no frame advantage? That's what block stun is - advantage. Life points altered for certain characters? What about Smoke? Sindel can reset too.

I'm fully in support of the "this is a bad idea" line of thought.

NRS will not patch the game. It wouldn't be a simple task whatsoever. If it were to happen, it would happen from the top down, not bottom up. In no way shape or form would a company consult a large amount of wholly unqualified people (me and you) to balance their game in the first place. This is a silly thread and there's a reason all the others died.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This won't happen. Which is too bad because with the demonstrated success this game has, it certainly deserves to be patched. That said, it's not our responsibility to fix the game. The things that need to be patched, based on precedents of the other patches, should be obvious. NRS should see that this game is still popular enoguh to warrant a patch. Again though, it won't happen and at this point it's kinda unrealistic to expect anything.

Without too much detail, exposed frame traps early on were patched out. Kabal and with 32 NDC (which is still good but not totally jailing) and KL with 24 low hat. Those were both nerfed. There are obvious similar jailing frame traps that still exist that are as good if not worse than these were. They need to be gone. Like that statement or not, it's undeniable. They would only make sense to have if there wasn't excessive chip from normals and terrible throw teching inputs. Bomb traps and resets need to be gone - Cyrax would still be capable of dealing the most damage without them. Command grab should not lead to a safe jump (almost every other safe jump in the game was removed upon identification). That one's as easy as adjusting frame advantage.

THTB

Block stun removed?? You mean no frame advantage? That's what block stun is - advantage.
Thank you. Seriously.

I've stated this too many times and it falls on deaf ears in a number of cases.

Removing blockstun = 95% of the shit in this game will be punishable.

AssassiN

Noob
If so, they wouldn't work on a patch now.
Their programmers are hard at work implementing and testing Injustice, they are doing most of the work of this game at this point.

Besides, after Injustice they will be working on a next-gen game.
Take a guess what that game will be.

So no, they won't release a patch anymore.

Seems like most people don't realize that the problem lies with the input instead of the blockstun.
MK only allows input the frame you get out of blockstun, there is no buffer window.
Correct me if I'm wrong but games like SFIV have that, right?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Thank you. Seriously.

I've stated this too many times and it falls on deaf ears in a number of cases.

Removing blockstun = 95% of the shit in this game will be punishable.
You have a valid point. Removing blockstun was a bit silly of me. They could deminish the negative edge and address the input bug but who knows. the answer is sadly no one. Karried also nailed it. It would be a shit ton of work and at this point probably not even worth it. Damn I don't know why I got caught up with this idea again. It's impossible. I concede.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Where do we donate?

$1000 to patch Smoke's resets.

Let me see any Smoke player beat me without them.
Paypal that to me. I'll make sure it gets to the right people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
STORMS please close this thread. I will never ever vouch for a patch again. Time to look forward to Injustice and MK 10.

coolwhip

Noob
You have a valid point. Removing blockstun was a bit silly of me. They could deminish the negative edge and address the input bug but who knows. the answer is sadly no one. Karried also nailed it. It would be a shit ton of work and at this point probably not even worth it. Damn I don't know why I got caught up with this idea again. It's impossible. I concede.
Input bug cannot be fixed with a patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.