What's new

Could someone explain glitch cancelling in layman's terms?

Derek

Noob
Yoshi2085 said:
i would like help with this also :)

hopefully you get an explanation
Konqrr and I messed with this a little bit a few days ago because recently a few times on XBL I've gotten a glitch cancel spear with H. Smoke(completely accidental)a few times on scrubs. More or less you cancel a HP or LP in the last frame before it hits with a projectile adding a extra hit to the combo.

Example:

Say you're U. Sub-Zero, and you freeze Kitana in the air then you go to punch and freeze her again, with a glitch cancel you can get one more freeze out before aaHP, HP, JK, Slide. So instead of 43% you get 50%.

Other than practice, practice, practice, the only advice I can give you is learn it on female ninjas because I find it easiest to do on them.

Press Run to bring your fist back in fast enough. Basically, the game isn't registering the hit in the Hit timer, but the guy takes the damage.

Compy386 said:
what do you physically do with the buttons to glitch cancel?
Physically? why push them of course.

abc ur dead0 said:
Press Run to bring your fist back in fast enough. Basically, the game isn't registering the hit in the Hit timer, but the guy takes the damage.
Glitch Cancelling buddy.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Compy386 said:
what do you physically do with the buttons to glitch cancel?
Following Sugar's example, you would have them frozen in air, press HP, and then press D, F, LP.

You have to press LP on the last frame before the HP hits them.

That way you actually cancel the HP to the freeze before the collision happens but late enough that the HP still connects before the freeze comes out.

Derek

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
Wrong!

Oh's I thought it was something dealing with the Run button for some reason. So basically it's just precise timing?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Compy386 said:
Oh's I thought it was something dealing with the Run button for some reason. So basically it's just precise timing?
It's precise timing and exploiting the fact that the either the HP's collision box is still out after the special move has been triggered, or the collision is occuring on the same frame that the special move is triggered, but the special move trigger is checked before the collision.

Konqrr, in Usub terms, you could basically freeze in air, then do d,f and then hp,lp quickly? I've never really tried it with Usub, but I've done it with slow forceballs for some fun.

is it possible to glitch cancel to quickly. I try aahp with usub and i usually hear the hp noise but it seems i cancel it before it even comes out cause i end up freezing myself. Is this because im going to fast??

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, essentially during the 3 frames of jab you want to be pressing the D, F, HP motion. It's easily possible to "kara" cancel the jab meaning you'll hit nothing. You can almost watch it and time it.

Rockzilla220 said:
Konqrr, in Usub terms, you could basically freeze in air, then do d,f and then hp,lp quickly? I've never really tried it with Usub, but I've done it with slow forceballs for some fun.
what your saying is a yes but because of the shower freeze you cant. Maybe if you do d,hp,f,lp if you do it fast enof

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I think hes talking about freezing them in air, and then HPxxfreeze. asuming he connected with a previous aahp before the 1st freeze.
so, if you hit hp,freeze, then d,f+hp,lp quickly, is possible to get the GC freeze that way? I always hit hp before the d,f motion+lp...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Once you get to the third freeze, you have used up the broken limit of hits.