What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I wanted to make a thread about the coronavirus. It’s something that is effecting everyone globally.

Now, you shouldn’t be panicking. That is almost always a bad reaction. But, it needs to actually be taken seriously.

Here’s what the CDC recommends you do to help prevent contracting the disease.

• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. (Basically anywhere on your face)
  • Stay home when you are sick.
  • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or your arm, then throw the tissue in the trash.
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
  • Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
    • CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. However, if you were to wear a mask, the N95 masks by “NIOSH” are the ONLY masks that are recommended.
    • Facemasks should mainly be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
    • If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
There’s a very interesting read from Doctors on the front lines in Italy. It’s fairly alarming. Check it out here: https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/fga3vs
Also, don’t hoard supplies. Meaning, don’t go to the store and buy all the supplies. I know people are selfish and are more worried about themselves and their family than anyone else. But you want to help prevent the disease from SPREADING. Meaning if you hoard the supplies, that takes away from other people. It makes no sense to take all the essential stuff that could help prevent this disease. (Hand sanitizer, soap, etc etc).

Main point of all this is to be cautious and aware.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
What's sad is that the spread would slow greatly if people followed proper hand washing and kept their asses home when they were sick.

Unfortunately some people that don't have sick leave will spread it continuously, and others will idiotically choose to go to the mall etc even though they're coughing everywhere. Its incumbent on adults and parents to spread information to prevent the latter.

Zviko

Noob
The main problem is people don't even know they are sick till a week or 2. In all this time they could've infected so many people without even knowing. I don't see how we can stop this at this point unless we start wearing space suits wherever we go.

Denny

Noob
You can minimise exposure but if you live in a populated area you will only avoid it by luck and possibly via a strong immune system.
Do everything in your power to minimise exposure.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
And, while not referring to this thread, be very skeptical of any information you read online. Sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit are a hotbed of inaccurate and misleading information right now.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Here in Greece, events and crowded stuff get canceled as a precaution.

At the same time the church, priests, and even doctors claim that the virus can't be transmitted BY THE SHARED SPOON of jesus wine.

Pathetic.
LoL, same here in Turkey. President said that the virus can't pass our Borders. Hahahahahahah. North Korean leader threaten the virus. Brave New World.

I wanted to make a thread about the coronavirus. It’s something that is effecting everyone globally.

Now, you shouldn’t be panicking. That is almost always a bad reaction. But, it needs to actually be taken seriously.

Here’s what the CDC recommends you do to help prevent contracting the disease.

• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. (Basically anywhere on your face)
  • Stay home when you are sick.
  • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or your arm, then throw the tissue in the trash.
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
  • Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
    • CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. However, if you were to wear a mask, the N95 masks by “NIOSH” are the ONLY masks that are recommended.
    • Facemasks should mainly be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
    • If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
There’s a very interesting read from Doctors on the front lines in Italy. It’s fairly alarming. Check it out here: https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/fga3vs
Also, don’t hoard supplies. Meaning, don’t go to the store and buy all the supplies. I know people are selfish and are more worried about themselves and their family than anyone else. But you want to help prevent the disease from SPREADING. Meaning if you hoard the supplies, that takes away from other people. It makes no sense to take all the essential stuff that could help prevent this disease. (Hand sanitizer, soap, etc etc).

Main point of all this is to be cautious and aware.
People aren’t hoarding supplies for themselves and their families well being.

They are hoarding supplies for profit because people are people.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What's sad is that the spread would slow greatly if people followed proper hand washing and kept their asses home when they were sick.

Unfortunately some people that don't have sick leave will spread it continuously, and others will idiotically choose to go to the mall etc even though they're coughing everywhere. Its incumbent on adults and parents to spread information to prevent the latter.
At the gym some nasty fuck didnt wash his hands in the bathroom and went and grabbed some dumbells, like man you just took a shit and (probably, but questionable based on his lack of hand washing) wiped your ass now you're gonna go touch something everyone uses

Last edited:
At the same time the church, priests, and even doctors claim that the virus can't be transmitted BY THE SHARED SPOON of jesus wine.
Lmao. Meanwhile here in DC our first cases were basically linked to a priest and it spreading through the congregation

Three coronavirus cases linked to D.C. church; American U. cancels classes

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It’s wild how much more self aware I am of what I touch and also washing before eating literally anything. Like I would obviously wash my hands before eating meals before this happened, but wouldn’t really do that if I was just having a snack or just eating a bite of something. Now, if my hand is going anywhere near my face, I will 100% have washed my hands.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It’s wild how much more self aware I am of what I touch and also washing before eating literally anything. Like I would obviously wash my hands before eating meals before this happened, but wouldn’t really do that if I was just having a snack or just eating a bite of something. Now, if my hand is going anywhere near my face, I will 100% have washed my hands.
That's definitely a silver lining, I bet a lot of these habits will stick even after the scare is over. The coronavirus also has got people talking about the flu again which is still killing a lot of people.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yea I'm on the east coast of the U.S and every school and university is shutting down. I don't have to go back to school till April 5th. I'm pretty sure we only have a couple confirmed cases too lol.

DeftMonk

Noob
In China, the virus was handled quite efficiently and my province already hasn’t had a new case in a week. But I saw today italy (who is already on quarantine) infection numbers made a huge jump in the last 24 hours. Western countries need to take this seriously and at least strongly consider following guidelines that juggs mentioned... I hope the flat earth/anti vax community won’t start some “coronavirus is a hoax “ movement

Spoobs

Noob
As a type 1 diabetic, I'm in real trouble if I get it according to the CDC. Even saying I should stock up some supplies (lmao can't afford that). I live in an extremely small Michigan town so I should be safe for a good while still. Still prefer this to ever playing the Shazam/Aquaman match-up ever again.