What's new

Tech - Summoner Corner reset combos using untechable throws

So what IS the answer?
What do you mean?) there is no way out of this set up for most characters. Theoretically it is possible to neutral duck the throw and block the bat the next frame, but...good luck with that)
Like I said invincible moves like Smoke's smoke away/towards will get you out, goro's punchwalk, probably some armour led move with throw immunity, maybe some other character specific specials,but it is still a mix up between these 13% and a full combo/vortex if Quan just hits you instead.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
What do you mean?) there is no way out of this set up for most characters. Theoretically it is possible to neutral duck the throw and block the bat the next frame, but...good luck with that)
Like I said invincible moves like Smoke's smoke away/towards will get you out, goro's punchwalk, probably some armour led move with throw immunity, maybe some other character specific specials,but it is still a mix up between these 13% and a full combo/vortex if Quan just hits you instead.
Ah, dirty. So double hitting armor and immunity only huh? Interesting. Man Quan is cool.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Legion is pissed. I think God Confirm and Ketchup, or maybe it wasn't God Confirm, were like "yeah lol it's just dink, tile and israfael posting about quan".

#techwars
I said there are very little Quan players out there compared to before. Don't put words in my mouth.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
This tech is really good. It's like Tile said, it may as well be seen as free damage at the end of a combo.

The safest way out of this will be to neutral duck the throw and IMMEDIATELY block, but that is a SUPER hard read seeing as the go to option after this normally is a free 50/50.

You're guna neutral duck quan in the corner who has a bat out and just hit you with standing 4/3? Good luck there.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Im pretty sure Quan is actually at slight advantage after this setup. After some more use its really good! He gets more advantage off this than low bat too cause rising demon launches higher, just something to note.

If you tech roll and wakeup ExSkull the skull hits meaty and you get enough plus frames to run up and jail a 50/50. Even if they delay wakeup you can still just run in 50/50 anyway so there doesn't seem to be much risk to this little extension except for spending a bar to keep your turn.

This is in the corner, I think midscreen tech roll might make ExSkull not hit meaty because there'll be a bit more travel time but it should still give you enough plus frames to get something started.

Im pretty sure Quan is actually at slight advantage after this setup. After some more use its really good! He gets more advantage off this than low bat too cause rising demon launches higher, just something to note.

If you tech roll and wakeup ExSkull the skull hits meaty and you get enough plus frames to run up and jail a 50/50. Even if they delay wakeup you can still just run in 50/50 anyway so there doesn't seem to be much risk to this little extension except for spending a bar to keep your turn.

This is in the corner, I think midscreen tech roll might make ExSkull not hit meaty because there'll be a bit more travel time but it should still give you enough plus frames to get something started.
Demon skull is awesome in general to use in the neutral game, from midscreen to fullscreen it gives enough advantage even on block to summon a bat (or put up a spell in Sorcerer). Started using it lately and it just does wonders)

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Demon skull is awesome in general to use in the neutral game, from midscreen to fullscreen it gives enough advantage even on block to summon a bat (or put up a spell in Sorcerer). Started using it lately and it just does wonders)
Demon Skull is the best projectile in the game imo. It opens up Summoners best zoning options, hits mid and has a great hitbox so its hard to avoid and, not to mention, if you have bat out you have enough block advantage to run in from full screen and jail both of his 50/50 options, as seen in an old video below.

I still think Summoner is super dumb. They need to be really careful next patch else he'll rocket up to top tier again.