What's new

Tech - Summoner Corner reset combos using untechable throws

In short throw+Rising Demon (bL2, aka anti air bat) = unblockable, unbreakable, untechable 13%. In the example below I am doing a 2 bar 45% combo which I end with a s4 giving me +19 advantage which guarantees a throw, so I add this unbreakable, untechable, unblockable 13% and get 45%+13%=58%

The same reset started with b2/b32 does 57%/56% respectively.

@STB Shujinkydink
@michaelangelo
@The_Tile
@Israfel
@Quanmunity's still alive

EDIT: when I say the throw is guaranteed I mean your opponent can't do anything but tech the throw, duck it or armour/backdash.

This is trying to duck the throw:

This is trying to armour:

This is trying to backdash:

All of these lead to a full combo instead of 13%) Moves like Smoke's Ex Smoke Away/towards which are invulnerable WILL get you out, but if Summoner just hits you with a mix up instead (which is more likely) that will get you killed. It isn't 100% guaranteed but it is like a hard-to-blockable level of mix up to add to the character's tools.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Huge advantage on hit from non-comboable hitstun doesn't guarantee a throw. You either get armored or your throw whiffs.
Anyway, I feel like doomsday is getting closer everytime you post a new Summoner tech thread
u right but at least there is no reversal timing... so if you can beat your opponent by a frame it will work, and its your character so you will likely know the timing best... its a gimmick but its dope

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
u right but at least there is no reversal timing... so if you can beat your opponent by a frame it will work, and its your character so you will likely know the timing best... its a gimmick but its dope
Surely the hit of the throw and the hit of the bat would break the armour or catch the backdash. You can probably duck the throw and then really quickly block the bat. But that of course opens you to other attacks so that's the mixup lol. I haven't labbed it myself though so I could be totally wrong but that's how it works with Cassies Target Paint and run up grab lol.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Surely the hit of the throw and the hit of the bat would break the armour or catch the backdash. You can probably duck the throw and then really quickly block the bat. But that of course opens you to other attacks so that's the mixup lol. I haven't labbed it myself though so I could be totally wrong but that's how it works with Cassies Target Paint and run up grab lol.
o yeh that too

this reset seems really good

when I say the throw is guaranteed I mean your opponent can't do anything but tech the throw, duck it or armour/backdash.

This is trying to duck the throw:

This is trying to armour:

This is trying to backdash:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
@legion666 This used in conjunction with HTBs is basically free damage. Have been using this for a while now and it's really good to end out game. I feel using the low bat instead of the rising demon is more ambigous though and I tend to have more success with that.

@legion666 This used in conjunction with HTBs is basically free damage. Have been using this for a while now and it's really good to end out game. I feel using the low bat instead of the rising demon is more ambigous though and I tend to have more success with that.
Well low bat does only 8% so p it is 10% total then. Both options work the same but rising demon just does more damage. In terms of a mix up it doesn't matter whether the hit from the bat is a low or a mid.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Well low bat does only 8% so p it is 10% total then. Both options work the same but rising demon just does more damage. In terms of a mix up it doesn't matter whether the hit from the bat is a low or a mid.
That's true actually. This does more damage, I'm just used to using low bat I think.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
This, height dependent trance into summon, the EX Skull v. Rune... This is a good time to watch Quan exploration. I love it!

Tweedy

Noob
Legion is pissed. I think God Confirm and Ketchup, or maybe it wasn't God Confirm, were like "yeah lol it's just dink, tile and israfael posting about quan".

#techwars

Legion is pissed. I think God Confirm and Ketchup, or maybe it wasn't God Confirm, were like "yeah lol it's just dink, tile and israfael posting about quan".

#techwars
I know, I let it out in Dink's thread a bit but it spilled over into it's own thread)

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
That's crazy lol can't you also guarantee this meterlessly with the height dependent trance?
Also what's the situation after the bat knocks you both down and you both tech roll? Neutral? Quan's advantage?

That's crazy lol can't you also guarantee this meterlessly with the height dependent trance?
Also what's the situation after the bat knocks you both down and you both tech roll? Neutral? Quan's advantage?
Yes it absolutely works after you catch them high enough with a trance. So for example in the corner you can get:
B2xxSkull, Rising Demon(bL2), 4, NJP, 4xxtrance, bat summon,4 which is 35% and do this throw set up for 13% which will net you 48% meterless.
I didn't have time to check the post knockdown situation in terms of advantage. It feels like Quan is either at very small advantage or you are both neutral.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Yes it absolutely works after you catch them high enough with a trance. So for example in the corner you can get:
B2xxSkull, Rising Demon(bL2), 4, NJP, 4xxtrance, bat summon,4 which is 35% and do this throw set up for 13% which will net you 48% meterless.
I didn't have time to check the post knockdown situation in terms of advantage. It feels like Quan is either at very small advantage or you are both neutral.
I was trying to decide between learning Takeda or Jason for fun after TCW, but that just decided that I'm learning Quan.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
This is VERY good for closing out games. No one is really gonna be escaping this.

Thing is though, as legion just mentioned, I believe it is around neutral on hit. This is really shitty for Quan as you NEVER want to be giving up your momentum, especially in the corner which is where this has the most practicality, momentum wins Quan most of his games.

Also, neutral is a situation Quan never wants to be in. His pokes are either slow or ass, he doesn't have any fast mids and his fastest comboable button, besides NJP which whiffs on most pokes after the hitbox nerfs, is an un-hit confirmable 8f high. So while this is dirty AF, be careful if you aren't using it to end the game.

All we need to find now is a way to combo from it and we be set. ;)