What's new

Tech Corner Hard Knockdown/Ambiguous Cross Up

This can be done by ending any BNB Batgirl corner combo early after a MB Flying Bat. Instead of finishing the combo with f23 or f212 cartwheel, you can consistently hit d2 db 3 3 ( or d2 b33 using negative edge) into a hard knockdown. Granted you're sacrificing about 7 or 8% but you're opening a world of mix up opportunities. After the initial hard knockdown you can immediately db33 again making it whiff granting a neutral j2 or j3 into another vortex or max damage situation. It looks like it could reverse wakeup inputs as well judging by how the computer gets up. Unfortunately I can't make a video for it right now, but give it a shot and tell me what you guys think.

Als0: It grants free interactables like the faces on the mess hall stage.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Just messed around with this. It does reverse wake up direction. The best part about this is that if you fake cross up and connect, that's their entire life bar. 46% + 56% = 102% dmg. Then if you go for the cross up, it puts you right back into the vortex where you can do an instant cross over j2 to get them back into the corner. Really nice tech.

RM Truth

Update. If you do the second dive kick as fast as possible it will cross up and keep you on the same side so its instant kill either way.

Yeah, you can still B1 or B2 on the side you came from after the second db33. She's kind of "inside" the opponent. It's everything that's fucked up about this game in one shot. Also, you can dash forward and neutral jump after the second db33 for all kinds of wake up fuckery.

Last edited:

RM Truth

I can't seem to recreate the cross up to same side situation now. Did it like 10 times in a row now can't do it anymore. Do you know the trick?

.[/quote]
I can't seem to recreate the cross up to same side situation now. Did it like 10 times in a row now can't do it anymore. Do you know the trick?
Check the stances.Getting things to cross up in this game sometimes depends on if you are on the opposite or same stance as the opponent.

You also get a free corner bomb after the first db33. Just hop (don't dash) over and plant the bomb as they are in their stand up animation.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
This is a pretty cool setup; so basically after the whiffed db33 neutral jump you cross up and if you do a normal you will still be facing the corner.

Okay. So after the second db33 you can dash forward and nj2 to not cross up. Dashing forward and doing a diagonal j2 will cross up. Both are pretty ambiguous.

RiBBz22

You also get a free corner bomb after the first db33. Just hop (don't dash) over and plant the bomb as they are in their stand up animation.
So basically right before the wake-up can come out BG will launch herself off the interactable and leave the bomb, right?

So basically right before the wake-up can come out BG will launch herself off the interactable and leave the bomb, right?
Yes, I tested it against Wonder Woman's lasso spin and BG is gone by the time the move comes out. It explodes after invincibility frames. I should go test it on KF's slide.

RiBBz22

After the first db33 dash forward then hop and plant the bomb. It blows her slide the fuck up.
Yeah dash forward jump should cross up so the slide would go towards the bomb instead of going toward mid-screen. Just have to be careful because if your opponent doesn't wake up it is a pretty easy punish.

DB33 is NOT a hkd when you do it to an airborne opponent. You would have to end in bola nj2 111~db33 or they can tech roll.
Ok, you're right. But like all tech there's a way out. She still has some dirt after the j2 111 db33. Such as dash forward to reverse inputs. She can still dash forward and her and nj2 or forward j2 will be an ambiguous cross up or non cross up. Thank's for pointing that out. I forgot about the tech roll.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ok, you're right. But like all tech there's a way out. She still has some dirt after the j2 111 db33. Such as dash forward to reverse inputs. She can still dash forward and her and nj2 or forward j2 will be an ambiguous cross up or non cross up. Thank's for pointing that out. I forgot about the tech roll.
Yeah, I know about all this… I posted a thread back in july.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/batgirl-wakeup-reversal-ambiguous-cross-up.36216/

This is really good stuff to use in the Aquaman, Batman and Raven MU's.