What's new

Tech - Cyrax Corner 50/50 instead of HTB that goes into HTB for a bar

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Yo sorry dude i was reading your questions wrong my bad. Its a 50/50 standing reset that goes into the standing reset htb

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Yeah this is cool, the NJP-close bomb-b3d4 beats everything but wakeup attack, doing a delayed wakeup against this in any sense forces the overhead low block, only problem is it's a super easy block, but they still have to block it. It's not new persay though as people have been achieving a similar option off 114-close bomb for a while, NJP just seems to be a super easy way of doing it.

My only issue is how obviously you're telegraphing it, as soon as you do that NJP they'll know what's coming, whereas the 114 can go into saw for hkd instead of bomb. If they wakeup you can bait but the smartest thing for them to do is to just delay wakeup and take the easy HTB block. as Cyrax can't do anything from that space, it's not a terrible answer for them as Cyrax meaty pressure is basically non existant without a bomb on the screen, but it does open up meaty grabs etc.

I don't know about you, but i've played against a recording of myself doing NJP close bomb B3d4 and even with delayed wake-up of just overhead-low is super fast. I can block cyber subs every time, this link is alot tighter. You are right for sure, and we need many different options as cyrax players to keep opponents guessing. If they know whats coming its usually a very easy out.

The opponent also has to make a read before you do B3D4 as they need to delayed wake-up as you're placing the bomb. If they doing delayed wake-up and are still blocking it every-time you can dash do a manual b1 for harder timing or probably even b1 2+4 if you are happy to spend a bar or grab after reset.

Edit: Juicy stuff the dash forward is safe from wake-up aswell, So you can dash forward B1 or just block to bait wake-up options (and against sektor the bomb launches as a full punish)

The other option is when finishing with 114-net instead of NJP doing [close bomb - dash - NJP(overhead) here they can't wake-up/tech roll and if they jump out get caught. More options I suppose.

Last edited:

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I don't know about you, but i've played against a recording of myself doing NJP close bomb B3d4 and even with delayed wake-up of just overhead-low is super fast. I can block cyber subs every time, this link is alot tighter. You are right for sure, and we need many different options as cyrax players to keep opponents guessing. If they know whats coming its usually a very easy out.

The opponent also has to make a read before you do B3D4 as they need to delayed wake-up as you're placing the bomb. If they doing delayed wake-up and are still blocking it every-time you can dash do a manual b1 for harder timing or probably even b1 2+4 if you are happy to spend a bar or grab after reset.

Edit: Juicy stuff the dash forward is safe from wake-up aswell, So you can dash forward B1 or just block to bait wake-up options (and against sektor the bomb launches as a full punish)
d3d4 onto bomb is a weird block but it is 100% learnable. it is SUPER rare that I'll open up Ketchup/F0xy/Madzin with that to the point that it only hits when I go for it so rarely that it simply surprises them.

One thing you gotta keep in mind is that a lot of Cyrax's setups are reactable, and considering max delayed wakeup in the corner gets out of basically every setup we have the fact they're even forced to block after you've already commited into something is really helpful. because once someone started delaying wakeup every time you have a few other options, just need to make sure you aren't putting yourself in a position that they're able to poke you or your corner pressure is rip.

And yeah, Sektor hasn't been able to flame burner out of most of cyrax's setups since day 1, especially in the corner, just gotta make sure you time the bomb so it goes off once flame burner armour is over. probably one of the better anti wakeup scenarios in the game for him as it works even if you get hit by the flame burner.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
d3d4 onto bomb is a weird block but it is 100% learnable. it is SUPER rare that I'll open up Ketchup/F0xy/Madzin with that to the point that it only hits when I go for it so rarely that it simply surprises them.

One thing you gotta keep in mind is that a lot of Cyrax's setups are reactable, and considering max delayed wakeup in the corner gets out of basically every setup we have the fact they're even forced to block after you've already commited into something is really helpful. because once someone started delaying wakeup every time you have a few other options, just need to make sure you aren't putting yourself in a position that they're able to poke you or your corner pressure is rip.

And yeah, Sektor hasn't been able to flame burner out of most of cyrax's setups since day 1, especially in the corner, just gotta make sure you time the bomb so it goes off once flame burner armour is over. probably one of the better anti wakeup scenarios in the game for him as it works even if you get hit by the flame burner.
Madness.

Ill keep trying.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
It's also not a 50/50 as B1 is reactable now.
I disagree about it. The difference between the low and overhead is 6 frames... at least to me, 6 frames is not reactable.

Some examples:

Sonya's overhead and low: SCR grand finals Scar vs WoundCowboy. On the last match, Cowboy got hit by her overhead 4 times in a row.

Cassie's overhead and low: SCR TOP 8 Sonic Fox vs Destroyer. I think it was on the first match, SonicFox corned Destroyer, then Destroyer got hit by her overhead 4 times in a row. lol

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I disagree about it. The difference between the low and overhead is 6 frames... at least to me, 6 frames is not reactable.

Some examples:

Sonya's overhead and low: SCR grand finals Scar vs WoundCowboy. On the last match, Cowboy got hit by her overhead 4 times in a row.

Cassie's overhead and low: SCR TOP 8 Sonic Fox vs Destroyer. I think it was on the first match, SonicFox corned Destroyer, then Destroyer got hit by her overhead 4 times in a row. lol
Cassies overhead is 20 frames and Sonyas is 19, they are firmly at the fuzzy frames but not quite reactable.

Triborg overhead at 22 frames, if you have ever tried a reaction test simulator, is dangerously close to being reactable by spotting the animation.

Erron blacks overhead which is deemed as too slow and not good is 23 frames

Cassie and sonyas low starter is fast by a frame or two aswell.

TYM is full of Jet fighter pilots and have <15 frame reaction speeds.