What's new

Tech - Cyrax Corner 50/50 instead of HTB that goes into HTB for a bar

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Okay so heres the tech, this can be done with a grounded move into ex saw/or anti air.

Grounded attacks: starter into ex saw, njp, b2, s4, 114 net. Backdash cancelled jnto a short run jump in punch, Jip hits the blocked opponent guaranteeing a 50/50

Anti air: s4/s1/d1, 21,21,114 exsaw, backdash into runcancel into jip guaranteeing a 50/50.

Once you do the jip on block you will be able to do either of these

50/50 into net meterless combo OR
50/50 into ex saw into the htb setup for a double reset.

Antil air combos can do this setup meterlessly/1 meter for the htb after the reset.

Now why would you want to do this instead of a straight up htb? Well for starters this lets both the 50/50 and Htb after be guaranteed instead of the htb into double bomb htb, and can take up to 90% just for one reset an one htb. Its just something to consider throwing out everyonce in awhile. Hope you like it!

UPDATED: HERES THE VIDEO YALL :D
@Zionix @Bruno-NeoSpace @False God Confirmed

Last edited:

Sunny_D

Alright ill post a video in the op and tag both of you in the comments once i do. Might be later to ight because brother is binge watching the Bu Saga so that might be awhile xD

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Alright ill post a video in the op and tag both of you in the comments once i do. Might be later to ight because brother is binge watching the Bu Saga so that might be awhile xD
just slap him in the face and get the ps4 omg i'm not even a cyrax player but i want to watch it now

Sunny_D

About to get on in 10 min an it should be up in a hour! Can someone tell me the most optimal damaging combo off of the b1 htb in the corner? Thanks!

Sunny_D

Sadly its not guaranteed as they can try to jump out. However they do still get hit so im thinking only armors can escape it. Ill continue labbing it my friends sorry for the misinformed title

Sunny_D

Wait the low is guaranteed! Okay so maybe it is still viable! But it wont match the ops combos so ill make a new thread for it and tage everyone!

Sunny_D

I dont think this twch is that good sadly seeing as how they can jump an mess it up :( u less they could already do that with the saw into s4 into net into bomb into b1 setup

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I dont think this twch is that good sadly seeing as how they can jump an mess it up :( u less they could already do that with the saw into s4 into net into bomb into b1 setup
This does however play into that micro-read playstyle that Cyrax has. You read the jump and punish that accordingly. I know it's rough that Cyrax has all these holes where you need to read or die trying but this is also what makes good Cyrax players look like they're playing a busted character. They have those reads. They sometimes just straight up know what you're going to do next and it's terrifying. Take Mustard for example. His Cyrax is some of the best MKX I have watched because he's great at making those important reads. This is why I commend the Cyrax players on both their skill AND lab expertise. Such a great community.

Sunny_D

This does however play into that micro-read playstyle that Cyrax has. You read the jump and punish that accordingly. I know it's rough that Cyrax has all these holes where you need to read or die trying but this is also what makes good Cyrax players look like they're playing a busted character. They have those reads. They sometimes just straight up know what you're going to do next and it's terrifying. Take Mustard for example. His Cyrax is some of the best MKX I have watched because he's great at making those important reads. This is why I commend the Cyrax players on both their skill AND lab expertise. Such a great community.
Shit that made my night thanks man. I can post it in the morning but its definitely not 100 percent guaranteed :(. Cuff byrax

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
that does NOT make a set-up bad, theres ways out of everything he has, plenty of them look almost identical and cost you half your life for tryna jump out, plus if there is options to catch the jump then its at worst, a 50/50, and thats ASSUMING they know their options which a lot dont

share ur tech brother

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Just skip the JiP part. When they drop down from net, do B3 or B1 to ex-saw.

You can also make this a safe HTB launcher. When they're caught in a net, drop a ground bomb, then do B1-(ex)saw.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
You people are also some of the most level headed people on this site sometimes. You immediately look at stuff that might not be perfect and just go "alright how do we improve this?" I can't give you guys enough props tbh
^This. You guys legit make me want to learn Cyrax.