What's new

Constructive Critique and entrance to a great kommunity

While i know most consider CSZ incomplete and what not, ive still found myself dedicated to this character since the day i found out he was going to be in the game. And while this video isnt exactly too recent I kinda wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone could throw me a couple tips/pointers to help me improve my game.

Maybe also elude to some mistakes you guys may pick up so i know for the future. Im barely scraping the ice (no pun intended) with the FG community and im looking to become a part of it and hopefully get somewhere. And while some may say im wasting my time, i follow the "when theres a will theres a way" philosophy. My goal is to take CSZ higher in tournaments, if not the top.

Now this liu kang had a rating of around 1600 somethin so hes not incredibly special but he definitely had an idea of what he was doing. sometimes i feel the same about myself lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Only thing I can say is stop jumping so much. A good liu would 2 anti air you for a full combo everytime. If you want to control the air use divekicks at a safe distance.

Welcome to this land of darkness, knowledge, occasional drama and friendliness, called TestYourMight.com!

What I could notice:

>First note
Dive-Kicks are safe enough on whiff to be able to continue with some sort of attack. I prefer a D+3, but F+2,2,1 or B+2,2 would be good alternatives.

>Second
Too many crossovers and jumping; at higher levels of play, your opponent will catch on and hit you out of the air.

>Third
Ice Balls are used a little more than necessary. At jump-range and a bit farther, they can be jumped on reaction and you'll recieve a combo.

>Forth
While your grab mixups in the 2,1 string are good, some improvement on your blockstring pressure would come in handy for a bit of extra meter and chip damage from the blocked attacks. Utilize more of Cyber Sub-Zero's safe pressure strings like F+2,2,1 and B+2,2 (completely safe, even when you do not complete the strings).

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I've played against you, you're pretty good. But yeah just don't jump so much, that shit gets blown up offline lol

Enenra

Go to hell.
Holy fuck so much jump

Jump less, punish blocked specials like flying kick or whatever more.

As for making a name in this kommunity, troll hard or make top 8 in tournies.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Pretty much what everyone else was saying...random jumpins and crossovers will get you killed. Also keep in mind the opponents longest reaching attacks and knowing when to attack.

Thx for all your inputs. Yea after watching the video once i had put it up i did realize jumping is one of my more fatal flaws. I personally think its also one of the reasons i didnt make it to the quarterfinals at this past EVO. Was one match away

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Ya, like most have said; you jump too much. So much that when you've actually landed a jip and you could open a can of frozen whoop ass on Kang...you jump again. It's become a bad habit and the only way to get rid of it is to play people who are better than you and will AA you every single time. That Kang you were playing basically let you jump in for free.

Also, consider not waking up with slide. It's predictable and incredibly punishable. You could also try incorporating ice parry into your defensive tools - don't think I saw you use it once.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
We need to play on PSN sometime. Your Cyber Sub-Zero looks to have potential and as I've used the character myself, I might be able to help you with a few things.

I find it fair to tell you this much: if you intend to be successful in tournament play, using this character will present you with a difficult challenge...because to be successful with Cyber Sub-Zero, you have to be very gimmicky, and I really don't trust gimmicks in high-level play unless I notice that it's working. GuamoKun can attest to this. It's not impossible to do well with him, just...hard.

That aside, you seem to have a good idea of the bomb set-ups and the pressure tactics, so you're off to a nice start there. Just PLEASE, if you decide to use X-ray, watch your positioning in the air! I cringed when your X-ray whiffed completely while Liu Kang was frozen from a bomb. The auto-correct can be irritating.

Don't hesitate to check out the Cyber Sub-Zero character forum on TYM if you have any questions. The players there will give you a hand.

Welcome, and good luck!

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Chicago_Royal

All you want to know about CSZ credit to the CSZ messiah @J360
http://testyourmight.com/threads/cyber-sub-zero-in-depth-video-guide-by-j360.23939/

LEARN HIS FRAME DATA credit to @Somberness
http://testyourmight.com/threads/cyber-sub-zero-frame-data.8589/

Anti-airs are very important
http://testyourmight.com/threads/cyber-sub-zeros-anti-airs.16920/

A completely overlooked thread that is still relevant
http://testyourmight.com/threads/cyber-sub-zero-dive-kick-guide.7708/

EDIT: Moved thread to CSZ sub-forum since this is about CSZ and stuff :)