What's new

Strategy Cyber Sub-Zero's Anti-Airs

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Can anybody here think of some decent anti-airs for this character? Besides the divekick, obviously.

I, at one point, managed to use his standing 1 as an anti-air leading into a 1 1 2 juggle, which I end with a bomb cancel. Kind of like how Cyrax can, except I'm not sure if this is just as consistent.

Thoughts and suggestions?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
CSZ's 1 is a reliable AA. 4 and 2 can be used too, and believe it or not, freezeball can be used as well!

My standard AA is 1 1 112xxbomb

Offline...its 1 21 112xxbomb

Swag version: 1 34 b22xxbomb/slide

Easier Swag: 1 332xxslide/bomb

My Name is Kuai Liang and You Best Step Da Fuq Off: 1 1 11f4

Swag 2.0: 1 1 b24

EDIT: Why does nobody ask me or tag me in these threads?

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
My fav is iceball. It starts in the chest of CSZ so it hits sometimes even after you got the jip in your face.
Though njp and standing 1 is more reliable. And all what pig said... just the ex freeze is not that good as normal iceball as anti air. If they are far do the ex but if you face a jip iceball if you are cool enough.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Slide works pretty well at certain ranges. I use standing 1 mostly. And if your not feeling to lucky, ex freeze works really well on a read or at certain ranges on reaction. Just stick to standing 1.

AA1, Ice ball, 334, slide for 20%

AA1, dash fwd, 21 1+2 slide for 19%

AA1, dash fwd, 1, dc, 1, dc, 112 Mid bomb for 16% and potential reset. Not nearlly as good as the bnb u4 mid bomb reset though.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
A question here too that if you win an air-to-air punch what are the options? This far i had slide and divekick what i do and i tried to connect dash, b22, but no luck its just a tinylittlebit far from the opp. Anything else?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
My only two anti airs are:

:fp, then 112 Ice Bomb.

And for crossovers, :ex Parry, then NJP, U4 Slide.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
would it not be the 1 frame parry....?
Empty jump, low pokes can blow that up. On reaction though its okay, but 1. And a parry itself doesn't do much, if you have ex-parry and a bar is just too damn important to get empty jumped and punched in the face.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
A question here too that if you win an air-to-air punch what are the options? This far i had slide and divekick what i do and i tried to connect dash, b22, but no luck its just a tinylittlebit far from the opp. Anything else?
I do slide because they cant tech roll back and you get a free cross-up if you time it right.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
I do slide because they cant tech roll back and you get a free cross-up if you time it right.
Yeah, im just jelly that other chars can connect combos into that :(
Though im okay with the slide. Too bad that online they can tech roll sometimes.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Yeah, im just jelly that other chars can connect combos into that :(
Though im okay with the slide. Too bad that online they can tech roll sometimes.
If you land an air-to-air then slide, they cant tech roll. And since you recover fast enough, you can cross them up into pressure/mix-up. I like it.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
If you land an air-to-air then slide, they cant tech roll. And since you recover fast enough, you can cross them up into pressure/mix-up. I like it.
I'm serious, it can happen. I know it is against the rules, but still...
But normally this is the best as an ender or a bomb. Or both.

Flagg

Noob
Anyone ever try to use 34 for anti air?

I've used it a couple of times with success, but I dont know if I was more lucky then anything (usually if im outside sweep range and they jump, giving you years to react). You can follow up with the obligatory dash into B22 slide.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Anyone ever try to use 34 for anti air?

I've used it a couple of times with success, but I dont know if I was more lucky then anything (usually if im outside sweep range and they jump, giving you years to react). You can follow up with the obligatory dash into B22 slide.
It has good horizontal range but 1 is more reliable since it has better vertical range.