What's new

Congratulations To PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BS3OOO

Noob
Im really happy for PL. He is one of the reasons I play KL. Cant wait to see the matches, too bad I missed them. Pl really proved himself by beating cd jr and pig. DJT really surprised me he beat pl AND curbo!? You guys know what this means, he actually god some offline experience after this tourney and next time hes coming to fuck shit up! Same thing to brady both djt and brady have learned a lot about different styles of subzero and they both must have leveled up their game after this tourney.
Well you know DJT finished top 5 at evo last year and has won some west coast tournaments so he has offline experience. Denzell finishing 2nd, PL redeeming himself, and Tyrant 3-0'ing Reo were my highlights. GREAT weekend.

Good stuff man, every time i think im starting to get the hang of kung lao i see that there's so much more to learn.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Kung Lao was never nerfed to hell since players can't play stupid and spam 2,4,Low Hat. People slept on him since the nerfs but PL proved that even the Kung Lao as of today never left the top. It just takes more work to play him to the fullest potential.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Has this MLG highlighted peoples general lack of knowledge in the Kung Poa MU? Or was it just that PL is beast? I think it's a combination.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Has this MLG highlighted peoples general lack of knowledge in the Kung Poa MU? Or was it just that PL is beast? I think it's a combination.
A bit of both, but Perfect Legend has this X factor sometimes, he has the ''rick james glow'', and sometimes does crazy shit.

NKZero

Noob
A bit of both, but Perfect Legend has this X factor sometimes, he has the ''rick james glow'', and sometimes does crazy shit.
Yeah he takes far too many risks. But I mean with his play style it is inevitable. He plays at such a frenetic pace, I mean damn, even his Raiden is aggressive as hell. Love to watch it though.

Glue I have a question. Why did people keep falling for the teleport mix-ups? I don't really know them that well but can you not D1 the teleport 3 whether it is delayed or not? Why did people go for uppercuts and risk getting blown up?

Death

Noob
Yeah he takes far too many risks. But I mean with his play style it is inevitable. He plays at such a frenetic pace, I mean damn, even his Raiden is aggressive as hell. Love to watch it though.

Glue I have a question. Why did people keep falling for the teleport mix-ups? I don't really know them that well but can you not D1 the teleport 3 whether it is delayed or not? Why did people go for uppercuts and risk getting blown up?
He wasnt doing it randomly from open space. He was doing them off cross up and jump in set ups. When he jumped at the person and they attempted an AA he would tele 3 them and it hits them while their AA is recovering. He did teleport off cross up sets so if they tried to uppercut or anti cross up aa he would tele and it would hit them. Those are some good setups but its all on read.

NKZero

Noob
He wasnt doing it randomly from open space. He was doing them off cross up and jump in set ups. When he jumped at the person and they attempted an AA he would tele 3 them and it hits them while their AA is recovering. He did teleport off cross up sets so if they tried to uppercut or anti cross up aa he would tele and it would hit them. Those are some good setups but its all on read.
But since D1 recovers faster then can't you sit there and then punish if you see the teleport. Surely it isn't that quick? Plus I thought Pig mentioned on commentary that Jr should just relax and D1 instead of uppercutting. Maybe I'm wrong...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
On PL vs CD Jr, did you guys noticed how PL was frequently jumping from distance to stay away of GPs and bait projectiles to punish with is tele3?

Some players think he was just randomnly jumping, but this is the first time i ever seen an air game that looked fruity but was masked with set ups, he indeed played well.

On PL vs CD Jr, did you guys noticed how PL was frequently jumping from distance to stay away of GPs and bait projectiles to punish with is tele3?

Some players think he was just randomnly jumping, but this is the first time i ever seen an air game that looked fruity but was masked with set ups, he indeed played well.
He mixed the crossover teleport pretty good as well, he would sometimes jumpkick dive kick over the opponent(which actually chips 2%). and if the opponent waited to long to punish the teleport he would just cross you over.

BTW whats the current KL-subzero matchup? I always had my doubts about it being 7-3. I think after the last patch it hurt kung lao a lot because of low hat. not up close but from afar. the recovery was really good and he could actually zone subzero and at the same time rush him down.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
He mixed the crossover teleport pretty good as well, he would sometimes jumpkick dive kick over the opponent(which actually chips 2%). and if the opponent waited to long to punish the teleport he would just cross you over.

BTW whats the current KL-subzero matchup? I always had my doubts about it being 7-3. I think after the last patch it hurt kung lao a lot because of low hat. not up close but from afar. the recovery was really good and he could actually zone subzero and at the same time rush him down.
Wait, what? I thought the matchup only got worse for SZ after the patch for some reason (I don't really know, I always felt it's been fairly even both sides and can bith trade well, 6-4 Lao at most, but I didn't see anyone bitching about it until afterwards)
Or could it be that SZ players were too intent on trying to punish with something else.. :rolleyes:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
People that don't know a character very well shouldn't be assuming anything about matchups at least until they play a decent subzero.

lol at people thinking just because Denzel beat PL that the matchup isn't that bad.

KL got safe overheads,i believe f2 allows a followup check and the other creates distance.

also subzeros strings are limited and i'm not sure but i think standing 2 whiffs on crouching KL

Just now seeing this thread. Thanks everyone and especially Glue for making this.

Btw the Subzero match imo has always been 5-5 since vanilla days. In the match vs djt I didn't think he knew about how to crouch teleport so I had it set to use that strat before the match happened. The way I usually play the match is zone subzero and force him to come to me or try to trade Low hats with ice blasts which allows me to mix up how I come in since his only way to attack me is to jump in, slide or come in and d4. And low hat stops 2/3 of those options.

I played the matchup the proper way the 2nd set we played which caused him to go to Cage. But I am going to grind out this match up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just now seeing this thread. Thanks everyone and especially Glue for making this.

Btw the Subzero match imo has always been 5-5 since vanilla days. In the match vs djt I didn't think he knew about how to crouch teleport so I had it set to use that strat before the match happened. The way I usually play the match is zone subzero and force him to come to me or try to trade Low hats with ice blasts which allows me to mix up how I come in since his only way to attack me is to jump in, slide or come in and d4. And low hat stops 2/3 of those options.

I played the matchup the proper way the 2nd set we played which caused him to go to Cage. But I am going to grind out this match up.
What about his mobility,blowing up 212 and clones?

People that don't know a character very well shouldn't be assuming anything about matchups at least until they play a decent subzero.

lol at people thinking just because Denzel beat PL that the matchup isn't that bad.

KL got safe overheads,i believe f2 allows a followup check and the other creates distance.

also subzeros strings are limited and i'm not sure but i think standing 2 whiffs on crouching KL
It shouldnt be anywhere near 7-3 imo. also I wouldn't reccomend using f2 against sub, his tools counter f2 too easily(clone,d4,22, slide)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It shouldnt be anywhere near 7-3 imo. also I wouldn't reccomend using f2 against sub, his tools counter f2 too easily(clone,d4,22, slide)
i used to fight KL when Glue still played,you can't d4/22/slide/clone f2 on reaction,only if you read it and even you're whiffing the 22,risking full combo punish with the slide and risking a divekick/getting instant 3'd.

i personally think it's at least 6-4,not sure if 7-3 but its a bad matchup.

i used to fight KL when Glue still played,you can't d4/22/slide/clone f2 on reaction,only if you read it and even you're whiffing the 22,risking full combo punish with the slide and risking a divekick/getting instant 3'd.

i personally think it's at least 6-4,not sure if 7-3 but its a bad matchup.
but thats not the point and it doesn't really matter if you can do it on reaction, F2 is still risky to throw out against subzero while kung lao has more than enough tools that work a lot better in this matchup.

you forced him to go cage just like he forced you to go kabal, and why go into a match thinking he didn't know how to handle something? If he blew it up then you got to change, not just keep doing the same stuff then get salty and talk about denzell, very bad sportsmanship.

gdf

Noob
MITDJT I don't think he meant "He knew about how to crouch teleport" was an attack on Denzell, more the entire MK community. Considering most of the community doesn't punish Kung Lao's teleport correctly.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
MITDJT I don't think he meant "He knew about how to crouch teleport" was an attack on Denzell, more the entire MK community. Considering most of the community doesn't punish Kung Lao's teleport correctly.
TBH I'm pretty sure the only 2 players that fully understand KLs teleport rules are Glue and myself. Thats why I'm always screaming things like TELEPORT 3 RULES! Its a shame because its quite a technical move that most KL players use incorrectly and get punished by things that the teleport should punish in the first place.

gdf

Noob
TBH I'm pretty sure the only 2 players that fully understand KLs teleport rules are Glue and myself. Thats why I'm always screaming things like TELEPORT 3 RULES! Its a shame because its quite a technical move that most KL players use incorrectly and get punished by things that the teleport should punish in the first place.
Wanna run a couple of these by me? Off the top of your head.

Yeah I just learned that his tele 3 is rather broken, and me and my bro figured out how deadly it is now, and it is scary good.

Status
Not open for further replies.