What's new

Breakthrough - Tanya Congrats to YOMI R.E.O for his ESL Finals 2nd place!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Big props to @YOMI REO for putting on the best nerfed Tanya performance to date. If anyone wondered if the nerfs really held her back, they obviously do not. Really good stuff and hopefully people get inspired by REOs Tanya and pick her back up(so her forums won't be so dead :) ).

Also special shoutout to CrazySteady for his Dragon Naginata, was very fun to watch.

SEV

Noob
He played ridiculously solid; took zero risks even when he was in chip territory and managed to pull off some cheeky come backs. I was surprised that everyone there was blocking Kobu so consistently already. It seemed like some of those rounds with PL were won on nothing but throws and chip. Kobu Jutsu is totally the Batman of MKX.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
He was great. I'd still like to see the recovery frame nerf on teleport lessened just slightly. Maybe 5 frames instead of 10? But she's still a very, very good character and it was great to see her played at a high level.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Reo is just godlike. Great play mentally and an impressive feat to go in losers first round and come back. Clawing all the way through losers against players of that caliber in matches that tough constantly on the brink of elimination can be mentally draining. Yet reo managed to keep his composure even throughout the grand finals. A great showing by one of the best of all time. Congrats @YOMI REO.

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
Yeah, huge shoutouts to REO for taking 2nd place. Rooted for him along with Lar & CheapEddie.
MK4 characters is the best.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
REO will be the best MKX player if he keeps using every character at a high level, same with DJT, MIT, and of course SonicFox. Using every character may hurt your tournament results early, but it'll help you so much more in the long run. He might stick with Tanya though, she seems to fit his style.

The Magician

According to my sources...
did anyone realize the there's a gap in the last hit of the ex rekka that you can armor through?

Congrats to REO btw

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I was really happy when he made to grand finals but I think we weren't watching all his potential. I think he will improve as time go by and we will see his 100% when he finds a character that suits his playstyle, so far I think he hasn't found one.
Edit: Almost forgot, congrats REO!!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I was really happy when he made to grand finals but I think we weren't watching all his potential. I think he will improve as time go by and we will see his 100% when he finds a character that suits his playstyle, so far I think he hasn't found one.
Edit: Almost forgot, congrats REO!!
I know, it seems to me like he doesn't have the same passion for MKX. Not as much as he did with MK9 anyway.

In grand finals it seemed like he didn't even care to win, like he wasn't trying at all.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Tanya is a good fit for REO. He seems to play a lot better with a character that has technicalities and is flexible than any other. Tanya fits that mold, IMO.

Can't wait to see how he improves with her.