What's new

General/Other Confused about Sub-zero's bio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
http://www.themortalkombat.com/web/guest/sub-zero

Clad in blue, this formidable assassin began his deadly path on a mission from the Lin Kuei to murder Shang Tsung. That's when he was killed by Scorpion only to reappear as Noob Saibot, with his younger brother taking on the identity of Sub-Zero. Now he emerges with untold secrets of the afterlife propelling him fearlessly into the bloodiest battles. Time and again, he assaults the confidence of his enemies with his resurrected strength and sense of deadly purpose. Creating dismembered bodies and broken spirits wherever he goes, he threatens the very notion of peace on earth with his awe-inspiring destructive energy.

It says he was killed by scorpion, and mentions Noob and Younger Sub, but wasn't it said we were playing as the elder Sub in this game. Or is this just a general history?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
didnt they say they were retelling the story? remakes always change the storylines.
They are, but it was thought to take place at the beginning and it was said this sub was elder sub. Meaning that noob would not exist and and that younger wouldn't be in due to elder sub taking the sub role, but in this bio it mentions younger and noob. I can understand younger, but since this sub is elder he shouldn't have "died" yet, and noob doesn't exist yet.

Ouch, my brain

TWZTID

Noob
nope..... it says the dead sub became noob and the younger became sub...... who prolly retired and then older older sub took his place....

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I can help out here....for one, they confirmed that the Sub in MK9 we've seen is the original Elder Sub-Zero from MK1(the one that Scorpion killed) It's NOT the younger brother that's existed from MK2-MKA(and even MKvsDCU since he had the scar)

They're just telling you the original Sub's bio/story that he worked for the Lin Kuei, killed a lot and Scorpion being one of them. Scorpion came back from the dead and killed Sub-Zero in MK 1....he came back as Noob-Saibot for killing in his former life, his soul being corrupted...they explain this more in MK Mythologies which I recommend some of you guys check out. It really explains more concerning original Sub-Zero, his past and how it all leads to MK1 events.

Now they also mention here the younger Sub-Zero aka Original Elder Sub's brother(the one with the scar and who has represented Subby from MK2-MKA) Ever since MK2, Noob-Saibot has been in existence but not until MK: Deception had they revealed that it was the original Sub-Zero before he died and was reborn as Noob-Saibot.

Scorpion noticed this in MK2, MK3 and MK4 but was confused since he thought to have killed Sub-Zero already, then they revealed that it was the first original Sub-Zero that Scorpion had killed.

Personally, I don't see the confusion here but feel free to ask me anything I follow the story very intimately so feel free to ask me something if you want to guys ;) It can be a little confusing but all in all it makes sense.

Don't be surprised if we see mention of Elder Sub-Zero/Noob-Saibot, Scorpion in the Younger Sub-Zero's bio when he's revealed(one with the scar and DM)

They did say they were retelling the storyline of MK, MK2 and MK3 but wouldn't change "everything" that much...just some things.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well I guess we have to wait and see if the bios (I'm assuming are for this game) are confirmed by the MK team as part of the canon storyline, they did say they're retelling it :) so I'm guessing it's canon(it's just confusing for some fans lol) especially if you're not up to date with what's going on. I can understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.