What's new

Community Leads(TO's): SoCal/Las Vegas/NorCal

Noob
TenZeRo7 , Krayzie is right... we discussed this long before MK9...back when it was requested to bring MKDC to NEC XI.

The long and short of it is, it becomes a slippery slope. Lets say we tell Smoke players, "only two resets per combo"... well, then instead of going for a 3 reset 100%, the next best strategy becomes doing 2 resets... and so on and so forth.

The next problem comes from officiating. With banning moves or resets, that means we'll have to have an official to sit and watch every match played, in case someone uses a character with banned moves/resets. This will take a HUGE toll on efficiency, not to mention the predicament we'll be putting the officials in... first we have to train them what to look for, then they have to be trained to count properly, then they have to be ACCOUNTABLE for doing the officiating... and what if one makes a mistake?

It's simply not worth it to do any of that... especially when none of the characters we're talking about have actually won a major except for Smoke(CDjr. at Apex).

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Krayzie WGC grand finals consisted of Quan Chi and Cyrax. I'm tellin' you mang.....
Actually, interesting that you bring that up. Considering how the Cyrax player doesn't believe in resets, doesn't use them, and he beat a Quan Chi player who was using the Rune Trap. lol

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
Hey Krayzie I just got off the phone with Kineda who is running NCR and its official that I will be running the pools and full streaming duties for Mk at NCR 2012.Michaelangelo will be one of my commentators but Im still looking for 1 more plus a backup for when the main commentators are playing matches. Any ideas would be appreciated. I already spoke with Chef and he doubts he will be able to make it due to scheduling conflicts with work.

Lets get HYPE for NCR 2012!!!!! MK will have the spotlight it deserves once again :)

Text me for a quicker response as Im busy as shit lately and not online on a steady schedule.

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
I forgot to mention that Kineda was adamant with his policies of streaming.He wants to make sure there will be no foul language,bad mouthing of any sort,and that the commentators stay on track with the matches.

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
We are working on having a purely MK tourny with a really nice prizes. I will keep everyone updated. Krazie I will try and make one of the EGP tournies. If things go well with recovery I want to get down there in may. Recovery is going well and I am working hard on it to make sure im there.

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
I had another question too guys. I need to pick up another copy of mk for my ps3.I wanna get komplete edition so I dont have to go through and unlock everything but Im hearing that the komplete edition is buggy.Is there any truth to this?