What's new

Community Leads(TO's): SoCal/Las Vegas/NorCal

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
If you have access to this forum, it means you are a TO or a community lead of your area!

So Las Vegas and SoCal have been making plans to attend our own tournaments once a month, the only issue with this is we need to be sure we talk it over and organize the perfect date, otherwise this just wont work out.

I'll post more in here as soon as I give all of the respective TO's access to this forum section.

Flawedzilla

Fraudzilla
I like this idea, it allows us to collaborate dates to not conflict with one another, so we can have Vegas in Socal and Socal in Vegas.
So we are holding a huge tourney Feb 4th, and you guys are holding a huge one as well on the 11th ; ;. Hmm, what shall we do?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
No doubt man.

Believe it or not, a lot of us want to go down on the 4th, but the problem is that we have no ride and money might be an issue since this is short notice. I'm still going to try though.

Our event on the 11th is a $10 entry EGP ranbat with $100 on top of the pot.

Also @TenZeRo7 can now post in here. For those unfamiliar with this name, this is the legendary BRIAN COMPTON! The guy who kept SoCal from dying. :D

Flawedzilla

Fraudzilla
Pic of Vegas..jpg We are officially bringing it to 25 dollar buy in and the venue owner told me he will do a 100 dollar pot bonus, I hope you can make it. I'll definatly make the one on the 11th and I understand if you can't make ours due to our last minute notice. But for sure thanks to you guys our tourneys will be known among each other way ahead of schedule, anyway hope that you guys can make it. Where would I go to get this posted on front page? Please help me with this. This is the info.
King of Kombat
Featuring players Flawedzilla, DJT, MIT, Dab and more.
Start Date: Feb 4, 2012 06:00 PM
End Date: Feb 4, 2012 11:00 PM
Time zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST
5830 WYNN ROAD
LAS VEGAS, NV 89118

Stream URL:
www.twitch.tv/toptiergaming/
King of Fighters 13, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4 AE, and Mortal Kombat 9.
MK9 will be the main event, with a 25 dollar entry, 10 dollar venue, with a 1o0 dollar pot bonus. Snacks and beverages will be provided to the spectators and players.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
We are officially bringing it to 25 dollar buy in and the venue owner told me he will do a 100 dollar pot bonus, I hope you can make it. I'll definatly make the one on the 11th and I understand if you can't make ours due to our last minute notice. But for sure thanks to you guys our tourneys will be known among each other way ahead of schedule, anyway hope that you guys can make it. Where would I go to get this posted on front page? Please help me with this. This is the info.

5830 WYNN ROAD
LAS VEGAS, NV 89118

Stream URL:
King of Fighters 13, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4 AE, and Mortal Kombat 9.
MK9 will be the main event, with a 25 dollar entry, 10 dollar venue, with a 1o0 dollar pot bonus. Snacks and beverages will be provided to the spectators and players.
Do you have an image for this post? I'll make it an article.

Flawedzilla

Fraudzilla
Image as in like a picture of the place or? If you're talking about a headliner which you probably are not lol, it's called King of Kombat, and Denzel, Malik, and myself will be attending for sure, so I am hoping that would be in the headliner. I talked to Mike and the rest of norcal, unsure if theyre going, he is suppose to get back to me but that is neither here nor there.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
We are officially bringing it to 25 dollar buy in and the venue owner told me he will do a 100 dollar pot bonus, I hope you can make it. I'll definatly make the one on the 11th and I understand if you can't make ours due to our last minute notice. But for sure thanks to you guys our tourneys will be known among each other way ahead of schedule, anyway hope that you guys can make it. Where would I go to get this posted on front page? Please help me with this. This is the info.

5830 WYNN ROAD
LAS VEGAS, NV 89118

Stream URL:
Make sure this is also posted in the tournaments forum

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Image as in like a picture of the place or? If you're talking about a headliner which you probably are not lol, it's called King of Kombat, and Denzel, Malik, and myself will be attending for sure, so I am hoping that would be in the headliner. I talked to Mike and the rest of norcal, unsure if theyre going, he is suppose to get back to me but that is neither here nor there.
Every article has a thumbnail next to it. Just a pic of Vegas would do... lol

Flawedzilla

Fraudzilla
I left out a few vital pieces of information so I will get them up asap, but I posted this in the tourney section tonight, and was wondering if one of you can delete it until I have all the info 100% sorry for that, and thank you. The thread is named "King of Kombat" Ill have the info 100% in less than 24 hours, I learned how to post in the tourney section but not on the front page / section.

Noob
I like this idea, it allows us to collaborate dates to not conflict with one another, so we can have Vegas in Socal and Socal in Vegas.
So we are holding a huge tourney Feb 4th, and you guys are holding a huge one as well on the 11th ; ;. Hmm, what shall we do?
Cross promote!

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
I would like to announce that a $250 cash pot has been absolutely confirmed for our tournament on the 11th of this month. Very exciting. On another note....

I have a question for you heads of state that has been on my mind for some time now. In light of some recent tech that has been made public I feel it is now appropriate to ponder the possibilities...

Do you think that resets/rune traps should be banned, and to what extent if any?

In theory Jax, Cyrax and now Smoke have 100% reset combos. Quan Chi also has new tech that allows him to achieve an extra rune trap (3 bars=4 runes, 2 bars=3 runes, etc.) that obviously even if you block you can do NOTHING about. I feel that skilled players do not need these gimmicks and I was curious about your thoughts on banning the aforementioned. It will be difficult to implement/officiate however I feel that these can be considered "game breaking" glitches and fear at some point can hurt the tournament scene. I'm not necessarily sold on the idea of banning anything from gameplay so I was interested on your thoughts.

I also hold many Call of Duty tournaments and in agreement with MLG I ban certain aspects of gameplay. In my experience (and believe me I learned the hard way) certain things absolutely NEED to be banned in order to ensure that skill is what wins matches and not anything else. Just some thoughts. Let me know what you guys think.

Also @TenZeRo7can now post in here. For those unfamiliar with this name, this is the legendary BRIAN COMPTON! The guy who kept SoCal from dying. :D

By the way Krayzie thanks for that =)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I would like to announce that a $250 cash pot has been absolutely confirmed for our tournament on the 11th of this month. Very exciting. On another note....

I have a question for you heads of state that has been on my mind for some time now. In light of some recent tech that has been made public I feel it is now appropriate to ponder the possibilities...

Do you think that resets/rune traps should be banned, and to what extent if any?

In theory Jax, Cyrax and now Smoke have 100% reset combos. Quan Chi also has new tech that allows him to achieve an extra rune trap (3 bars=4 runes, 2 bars=3 runes, etc.) that obviously even if you block you can do NOTHING about. I feel that skilled players do not need these gimmicks and I was curious about your thoughts on banning the aforementioned. It will be difficult to implement/officiate however I feel that these can be considered "game breaking" glitches and fear at some point can hurt the tournament scene. I'm not necessarily sold on the idea of banning anything from gameplay so I was interested on your thoughts.

I also hold many Call of Duty tournaments and in agreement with MLG I ban certain aspects of gameplay. In my experience (and believe me I learned the hard way) certain things absolutely NEED to be banned in order to ensure that skill is what wins matches and not anything else. Just some thoughts. Let me know what you guys think.

By the way Krayzie thanks for that =)
The community could very well die if we start to think of banning characters. Honestly, as far as this game is concerned, if you have trouble against a character like Cyrax or Quan Chi, and you eliminate them from the roster, you will most likely have more trouble against a worst match-up based on game-play differences that have nothing to do with being broken, rather more of an unbalance issue with the game.

In this game, even those characters that happen to have an over the limit broken aspect even have bad match-ups themselves.

The history on games banning characters is not always the brightest either. Ban Cyrax, and Quan Chi. You will have Smoke banned later as well. Cyrax, Quan Chi, Smoke, Jax, where does this stop? You really cant ban moves either. As Phil once told me, "How many variations of a said move must be stopped before it is considered an infinite?(broken)." You cant honestly dictate how many moves a player must stick to, or shape the way they play the game in order to consider it a viable tournament worthy way to play. That just simply doesn't exist.

This is very similar to online casual players letting you know not to "Spam" certain moves. Or "Don't grab me a number of times." We don't want this... lol

Also, I'll post up the article to the tournament tomorrow, Brian. I cant wait, I've honestly been practicing SCV non-stop. I also think we will have a decent amount of players for SCV! Me and Angel have been advertising the shit out of it... lol

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
Compelling. You make good points (of course you do play Cyrax lol). I was leaning more towards banning a reset...let's say, more than once or something like that rather than a character. It's probably a horrible idea but I just wanted to see what other people thought.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Compelling. You make good points (of course you do play Cyrax lol). I was leaning more towards banning a reset...let's say, more than once or something like that rather than a character. It's probably a horrible idea but I just wanted to see what other people thought.
I do. fortunately I discussed this with Phil(9.95) way before MK9 came out. It had to do with Superman(MKvsDC), and how many variations of his ground-pound would be allowed until it was deemed "Broken." It doesn't work in the FGC or in competitive play. If you want to ban a broken aspect of the game, it has to be the entire character. Which doesn't suit us well as a community.

People need to post more in here... lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
I would like to announce that a $250 cash pot has been absolutely confirmed for our tournament on the 11th of this month. Very exciting. On another note...

Finally something to get Krayzie from using Jade or hopefully, Sub-Zero. :confused:

As far as the skill thing goes, fighting games since they've began have had their fair share of cheese. Sure some of the cheese is gross and moldy and isnt allowed at the dinner table, but i dont see banning a character at this point would help anything. Besides, how many Quan's and yellow robots have won MK9 tourneys?