What's new

Question - High Tech Community Analysis & Utilization of HT Jacqui

Cosmos

Noob
BF1 sucks. The only time I really use it is to get out of the corner if I can find the gap in my opponent's combo.
I pretty much use it the same way, on wakeup in the corner if my opponent drops there combo or if i've opened them up with my back to the corner i'll end my combo in bf1 for positioning.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Less recovery on bf1 whiff like reptile's dash or Jax's flypunch is more than enough imo. Fixing bf4 hitbox so you can't low profile it would be nice too.

Biologic

Noob
I like how every Jacqui thread turns into a buff request thread, :D.
Indeed, lets try and keep on topic with this thread, we're all well aware of Jacquis issues & weakness's, lets put that aside, pretend Jacqui is good here for a second rather than immediately assuming she's garbage like we all generally do, and try and make something of this, I'm going to update the intial post with some of the information presented this coming weekend.

BF1, QB, & 1,1,4/2,1,2 alll have their place as combo enders, especially when you don't have the required full bar of stamina to pull of the 30% midscreen combos, BF1 can reverse your position, QB leaves you +14 on hit at the end of your combo allowing you to continue pressure, 1,1,4 & 2,1,2 allow you a safe gauntlet cancel (1,1,4 is character specific it seems), it's probably best to end in gauntlet cancels as you near the corner-and likely always the EX version as the character doesn't have much use for meter, EX tech sheild for reflecting projectiles may be a good idea in some matchups, such as against sub & reptile, but generally you're better off just using the normal version, EX gauntlet spark, EX ground stomp, and X-Ray are likely you're best use of meter.

I think we need more setups into groundstomps, as we can likely confuse wake ups in a variety of ways, ground stomp is very plus on block, full combo on EX, and has a large explosion radius when sparked up (large enough to catch jump outs/jumps ins), it's likely we need to use more grabs, I haven't tested it much but I don't think human opponents can wake up after grabs vs Jacqui, though I'll have to test it further (Don't test it against the computers, they wake up vs JC's grab & no human player I've ever tested it with has been able to replicate the same), so grabs in the corner could become a very important part of her game.

I think we're very much under estimating the importance of gauntlet sparks, doubling our chip damage with an already chip heavy character is quite the benefit, the problem right now is our inability to create a midscreen presence, as we don't have many tools to choose from and scare our opponent into respecting us, that's why I've suggest a heavier emphasis on movment speed and further use of ground stomps-no the ground stomps aren't amzing, but they can likely catch people trying to charge in or make an unsafe jump much safer, we have a mindgame that we're totally overlooking, we can make people afraid of the ground stomp and it's options (ground stomp, cancel, or don't stomp at all and just jump in, we should strive to make them afraid to try and anti air us or even punish us upon landing.), I could be wrong though, this is theory fighting and discussion after all.

I also think we need to play a closer footsie game than some of us are comfortable with, staying very close, perhaps well within the jump range of our opponents, where one of our greatest strengths-our walk speed cna shine, as well as better utilize ground pounds-especially insta air stomps/cancels to catch opponents coming in, stanky leg to anti-air, and BF1 could play as a fast wiff punisher or something, just throwing out ideas though

Thoughts?

Cosmos

Noob
Indeed, lets try and keep on topic with this thread, we're all well aware of Jacquis issues & weakness's, lets put that aside, pretend Jacqui is good here for a second rather than immediately assuming she's garbage like we all generally do, and try and make something of this, I'm going to update the intial post with some of the information presented this coming weekend.

BF1, QB, & 1,1,4/2,1,2 alll have their place as combo enders, especially when you don't have the required full bar of stamina to pull of the 30% midscreen combos, BF1 can reverse your position, QB leaves you +14 on hit at the end of your combo allowing you to continue pressure, 1,1,4 & 2,1,2 allow you a safe gauntlet cancel (1,1,4 is character specific it seems), it's probably best to end in gauntlet cancels as you near the corner-and likely always the EX version as the character doesn't have much use for meter, EX tech sheild for reflecting projectiles may be a good idea in some matchups, such as against sub & reptile, but generally you're better off just using the normal version, EX gauntlet spark, EX ground stomp, and X-Ray are likely you're best use of meter.

I think we need more setups into groundstomps, as we can likely confuse wake ups in a variety of ways, ground stomp is very plus on block, full combo on EX, and has a large explosion radius when sparked up (large enough to catch jump outs/jumps ins), it's likely we need to use more grabs, I haven't tested it much but I don't think human opponents can wake up after grabs vs Jacqui, though I'll have to test it further (Don't test it against the computers, they wake up vs JC's grab & no human player I've ever tested it with has been able to replicate the same), so grabs in the corner could become a very important part of her game.

I think we're very much under estimating the importance of gauntlet sparks, doubling our chip damage with an already chip heavy character is quite the benefit, the problem right now is our inability to create a midscreen presence, as we don't have many tools to choose from and scare our opponent into respecting us, that's why I've suggest a heavier emphasis on movment speed and further use of ground stomps-no the ground stomps aren't amzing, but they can likely catch people trying to charge in or make an unsafe jump much safer, we have a mindgame that we're totally overlooking, we can make people afraid of the ground stomp and it's options (ground stomp, cancel, or don't stomp at all and just jump in, we should strive to make them afraid to try and anti air us or even punish us upon landing.), I could be wrong though, this is theory fighting and discussion after all.

I also think we need to play a closer footsie game than some of us are comfortable with, staying very close, perhaps well within the jump range of our opponents, where one of our greatest strengths-our walk speed cna shine, as well as better utilize ground pounds-especially insta air stomps/cancels to catch opponents coming in, stanky leg to anti-air, and BF1 could play as a fast wiff punisher or something, just throwing out ideas though

Thoughts?
212 only gives you a safe setup if used from a specific height in the corner, it doesn't work mid-screen.

Level 2 is good for opponents that don't have meter otherwise Level 1 is much better for the plus frames in the corner.

Ground pound is a good tool from f2u2 or from her guaranteed otg setups but otherwise you really shouldn't be throwing it out so much. It might be plus but from the distance it leaves her she can't do anything with those plus frames.

Everyone can wakeup from a grab, that's universal as far as i'm aware.

As previously stated we're all aware how good sparks are haha. It just isn't practical to apply in actual matches bar a few scenario's which in all fairness probably should be discussed.

Using ground stomp outside of f2u2 isn't safe it can be anti-aired and the feint will lead to you holding a mixup. It's not something you can throw out in neutral.

Her walkspeed is a God send but she has no real tools to abuse her walkspeed with outside of stanky leg which people are struggling with understandably.

Jump range is an awful range for Jacqui in high tech. It's the range where most of the cast outfootsie her and can react to a jump in with a solid anti-air.

At jump range your best bet is to abuse her walk speed try and walk into a range to bait a move walk back out and whiff punish.
This is matchup specific though as a lot of the cast have pretty good advancing normals aha.

BF1 is good for whiff punishing to an extent, it should only be used if you know 100% it's a punish as if you're even slightly late or misjudge the distance you're eating an enormous combo.