What's new

Question - High Tech Community Analysis & Utilization of HT Jacqui

Biologic

Noob
The Goal of this thread is the creation of a clean, complete overview of jacqui's tools and their application to real matches, a community effort to find the most efficient way of approaching the challenges Jacqui's faced with, and overcoming them.

This is not a guide, this is theory fighting & discussion 101

TOOLS

Chip Strings

Given Jacquis plethora of +strings/stagger strings, QB Cancels, and the +on bock QB's themselves acting as a pseudo mixup on chip strings, Jacqui has a surprisingly large tool set, while numerous strings are + on block we're going to narrow this down to the 3 strings, I believe are the most important for chip

3 of the 4 hits of 1,2,1,2 are +2 on block, the other (the second 1) is +1, every hit of this string is stagger-able, cancel-able, easily hit confirm-able & the string itself is 3% chip on block, it's only weakness is the initial 1, being a High, opening you up to frequent pokes, this string is essentially the bread and butter of your chip/pressure

Again, all 3 hits of this string are +2 on block & cancel-able, while this string is not easily combo'd out of, it's easy to confirm a safe gauntlet cancel on hit, 2.50% chip

F2,U1,2+4
This string is a little more controversial as far as chip or pressure goes, F2,U1 makes for a decent (Mediocre) footsy tool, the end of the string, 2+4 is +2 on block, and the string itself nets you 3.75% chip, the strength of this string comes in the form of it's 30/30/30 mix up, which we'll get into more later, the string is also quite easily hit confirm-able

Additional notes on chip:

I would like to think Chipping out your opponent and maintain pressure would be the corner stone of this character, that the approach of every match would be getting on pressure and staying there, but this character has a lot of small things keeping her from really being excellent in this field, namely her lack of solid mids/lows, many of her strings feature varying amounts of push back, this is troublesome considering Jacquis tools for jailing or checking opponents is already slim (S1-High-6F, S4-Mid-8F, D1-Mid-7F, D3-Low-8F), and with the push back, near none existent, as all of her fastest normal suffer from very short reach

Mix ups strings

B1,4
16 Frame advancing normal that hits low on the second hit and is +2 on block, actually one of her better strings if you can get your opponent to respect you enough to stop trying to poke out at first sign of escape, 1.25% chip

B2
The only Overhead Combo starter, 17 frame start, okay range, 1.75% chip

B3,3
Double lows, zero range, you must be standing on top of your opponent or your initial B3 will not land, this string isn't great on block, but can be canceled into QB like nearly every other string, making it as much a pressure string as every other 2.50% chip

F2,U1
As previously stated F2,U1 makes for a decent (Mediocre) footsy tool, the end of the string, 2+4 is a +2 on block overhead, and the string itself nets you 3.75% chip, the strength of this string comes in the form of it's 30/30/30 mix up, after the U1 you can opt for a DD4-a low mix up that leaves you very + on block, or a DU4, which is used to bait out armor or stagger your pressure

Footsy Strings

F1,2
Your fastest, furthest reaching footsy tool, +2 on block, Gauntlet charge on hit confirm, this is your best footsy tool, unfortunately it's alright at best

F2,U1
(Copy/Pasted from earlier explanation) As previously stated F2,U1 makes for a decent (Mediocre) footsy tool, the end of the string, 2+4 is a +2 on block overhead, and the string itself nets you 3.75% chip, the strength of this string comes in the form of it's 30/30/30 mix up, after the U1 you can opt for a DD4-a low mix up that leaves you very + on block, or a DU4, which is used to bait out armor or stagger your pressure

B1,4
(Copy/Pasted from earlier explanation)16 Frame advancing normal that hits low on the second hit and is +2 on block, actually one of her better strings if you can get your opponent to respect you enough to stop trying to poke out at first sign of escape, 1.25% chip

F3/F4
These normals are different from anything else in the game, both can be canceled into a low or overhead once you're near the opponent, and both will increase the range of said mix up, using F4 will send Jaqui into a run across the stage that doesn't use stamina, the attack wont come out until she's near the opponent, meaning you're just open until you reach your opponent, and this is rather easy to react to at such a range-this move is instead better used mid screen just outside of your normal footsy range, as it can extent the reach of your B2 significantly, however slow

Additional Notes on Footsy Strings:

Jacquis footsy moves wouldn't actually be that bad if we had some sort of air presence/anti air, or a decent projectile, we don't though, and as such our greatest strengths are in our tech shield (which unfortunately is average), and our Air stomps, these moves wont give us air control, but they give us defensive options and pacing options, it is my current theory that we'll want to use our strong walk speed for spacing, and our air stomp as our greatest mid screen threat, as such we may want to look into additional jump in opportunities or ways to establish an offensive first, and we'll very likely want to get insta-air ground stomps/cancels down, as they could negate many of the opponents options, from jump ins, to mid screen

Most Important Specials

BF1
12 frame, decent range, advancing mid, that switches sides on hit, super punishable

Tech Shields
The seemingly average at best Tech shield is a relatively under utilized tool that I believe we're still uncovering tech for, it's currently held back by it's slow start up speed, I believe proper use of this move can be the difference in some matchups

Air Stomps
What I currently believe to be one of Jacquis most important tools if not the most important, the standard air stomp is a low, EX version nets a full combo, both EX and normal version are so plus they jail on block into S1, the move becomes unblockable once powered up using the gauntlet charge, and with the second charge it OTGs for 13% meterless, opening up numerous opportunities for us to gain additional damage through hardknock downs, and of course air stomps can be canceled using DU4, for staggers/armor punishers, it is my current theory that we'll want to use our strong walk speed for spacing, and our air stomp as our greatest mid screen threat, as such we may want to look into additional jump in opportunities or ways to establish an offensive first, and we'll very likely want to get insta-air ground stomps/cancels down, as they could negate many of the opponents options, from jump ins, to mid screen

Keys to Success?

I believe the most important part of Jaqui's game right now revolves around creating a strong presence anywhere on the screen, mid screen using our strong walk speed, tech shield, and our air stomp (EX airstomp for midscreen wiff punishes or anti air punishes against normals), best use for her midscreen normals is still a mystery to me as of now. Upclose we'll want to do our utmost to use a variety of strings and mixups, we should do our utmost to remain unpredictable, at the same time though we'll need to condition our opponent with our more mid focused strings to make them second guess their pokes, even if our mids are pretty slow.

Almost as important is going to be the use of offensive setups,
1,2,1,2 QBRC 1,2,1 QB(or 1,2,1,2 against some opponents) leaves you +14 on hit, and you can actually jail your opponent into another block string using S1. 1,2,1,2 QBRC 1,1,4 Gauntlet Charge nets you a safe charge, both of these 2 combos are best used when you're a tad short on stamina and wont be able to perform your full 30% BnB's

although I haven't done a lot of searching for them, I feel the use of our ground stomps in setups could be game changing-many of our combos could end up in jump in setups allowing up to mix up our opponents or confuse their wake ups, letting us keep pressure, remember anytime we land a block DD4 we can jail our opponent into a S1, and once we're buffed up to Level 2 Gauntlets we'll be able to focus on more Hardknock down setups, ensuring a free 13%

I ask all of you
For your thoughts, what tools you deem most important, what mindset you bring into the match, what is your gameplan? Do you use her defensive tools and try to bait your opponent in? Do you force the pressure using her fast run speed? Do you play the midscreen? What are you seeing success with, what setups are you using?

Cosmos

Noob
Just a few little things, f2 and f1 have almost the exact same reach. Both are Good to use for different reasons that me and Panic have touched over.

I know everyone has a vendetta against the move for some reason but stanky leg is also extremely good in neutral it can really help her deal with low profiling that she would otherwise struggle with (think cage's d4).

In regards to anti airs Jacqui actually has some decent tools. Stanky leg works amazing for jump ins and is easy to convert from as an anti air.

For crossovers her s1 is a very good anti air that is easy to react to and follow up with f2u2 into full combo.

In the corner if you read people trying to jump out b1 is a surprisingly strong anti air it has a really good vertical hitbox. In the corner you can then convert into her bnb's with ease.

B14 is an amazing string because if you are jailing into qbrc 121 people will start assuming the mixup will always be after the qbrc. So you can actually start to stagger b1 into b2 which will catch a lot of people. It is reactable though so bear that in mind.

The last point I wanna touch up on is how amazing throws work in this variation. So many of her moves when qbrc'd only leave a little block stun. It's so good because while they still have to respect a jailed 121 you can almost always just immediately throw, no worrying about delays from block stun. It's holds a lot more presence in the corner but it still has utility mid-screen.

Nice guide man, I like the idea aha I think high-tech could definitely use a nice community pushthrough! :)

Last edited:

Biologic

Noob
Just a few little things, f2 and f1 have almost the exact same reach. Both are Good to use for different reasons that me and Panic have touched over.

I know everyone has a vendetta against the move for some reason but stanky leg is also extremely good in neutral it can really help her deal with low profiling that she would otherwise struggle with (think cage's d4).

In regards to anti airs jacqui actually has some decent tools. Stanky leg works amazing for jump ins and is easy to convert from as an anti air.

For crossovers her s1 is very good anti air that is easy to react to and follow up with f2u2 into full combo.

In the corner if you read people trying to jump out b1 is a surprisingly strong anti air it has a really good vertical hitbox. In the corner you can then convert into her bnb's with ease.

B14 is an amazing string because if you are jailing into qbrc 121 people will start assuming the mixup will always be after the qbrc. So you can actually start to stagger b1 into b2 which will catch a lot of people. It is reactable though so bear that in mind.

The last point I wanna touch up on is how amazing throws work in this variation. So many of her moves when qbrc'd only leave a little block stun. It's so good because while they still have to respect a jailed 121 you can almost always just immediately throw, no worrying about delays from block stun. It's holds a lot more presence in the corner but it still has utility mid-screen.

Nice guide man, I like the idea aha I think high-tech could definetly use a nice community pushthrough! :)
It's not so much a guide and more an evaluation, I provided the basic information on the tools and my opinions on them, the main point of this thread is the discussion of her gameplan and how you/each person is handling matches, what's bringing them success, exc,

I agree Stanky Leg needs to be further utilized in her game, I don't see how it alone propels her much further than she is now though-other than maybe against jump ins, and perhaps in conjunction with her air stomps and walk speed

F1 moves slightly further than F2 and is 2 frames faster

Grabs I'm not totally sold on right now being as powerful as you say, they leave her just out of range of B2 and generally out of the range that Jacqui is most efficient, I'll try utilizing them more and get back to you though

I do agree with S1 & B1

Are you using the ground stomps in your game right now? How often are you finding opportunities to gauntlet spark?

Analysis*
Fixed

Last edited:

Cosmos

Noob
It's not so much a guide and more an evaluation, I provided the basic information on the tools and my opinions on them, the main point of this thread is the discussion of her gameplan and how you/each person is handling matches, what's bringing them success, exc,

I agree Stanky Leg needs to be further utilized in her game, I don't see how it alone propels her much further than she is now though-other than maybe against jump ins, and perhaps in conjunction with her air stomps and walk speed

F1 moves slightly further than F2 and is 2 frames faster

Grabs I'm not totally sold on right now being as powerful as you say, they leave her just out of range of B2 and generally out of the range that Jacqui is most efficient, I'll try utilizing them more and get back to you though

I do agree with S1 & B1

Are you using the ground stomps in your game right now? How often are you finding opportunities to gauntlet spark?

Fixed
I meant a guide on the basis people can easily use your points as a starting point for high tech and develop from there. It's not in depth but it still serves as a basic guide haha.

Stanky leg can be game changing in some matchups haha instead of johnny being able to freely d4 you can whiff punish with stanky leg for 30% where her other normals would get beat out by a second d4 etc

Yeah I know it's 2f faster but the distance is so minimal between f1 and f2 it's a tiny fraction further.

Throws leave her at a range where you can Kara into 50/50. In the corner it's a lot stronger.

I don't use ground stomps much at all but that's because I rarely spark up. If I do it'll only be level 1 in the corner. I don't use sparks much because I really don't like how it can switch the momentum which she really relies on in.

Biologic

Noob
I meant a guide on the basis people can easily use your points as a starting point for high tech and develop from there. It's not in depth but it still serves as a basic guide haha.

Stanky leg can be game changing in some matchups haha instead of johnny being able to freely d4 you can whiff punish with stanky leg for 30% where her other normals would get beat out by a second d4 etc

Yeah I know it's 2f faster but the distance is so minimal between f1 and f2 it's a tiny fraction further.

Throws leave her at a range where you can Kara into 50/50. In the corner it's a lot stronger.

I don't use ground stomps much at all but that's because I rarely spark up. If I do it'll only be level 1 in the corner. I don't use sparks much because I really don't like how it can switch the momentum which she really relies on in.
But without using the sparks, we're overlooking half of what makes this variation unique, It doubles her chip, increases her combo damage across the board, turns F2U1 into a combo starter, and makes the ground stomp unblockable, I can't help but feel as though their some of the most important and strangly overlooked part of her game-I think we need more practical setups.

Last edited:

Cosmos

Noob
But without using the sparks, we're overlooking half of what makes their variation unique, It doubles her chip, increases her combo damage across the board, turns F2U1 in a combo starter, and makes the ground stomp unblockable, I can't help but feel as though their most of the most important and strangly overlooked part of her game-I think we need more practical setups.
No I think it's just the cancels in general that make the variation unique. Sparks are strong but the variation is still very playable without using them.

It's f2u2 not u1 man and it's already a combo starter regardless of level. You're talking solely about the 1+2 becoming a starter which can be armoured or as stosn showed in one of his video's, crouched though admittedly i'm not sure how viable the crouching is.

It's definitely not overlooked it's just not the most practical to setup at the moment. She has two setups one only works in the corner and they both force you to respect your opponent afterwards. It's an enormous risk that I don't feel high tech can afford to take in a lot of match ups.

To be fair people have looked into practical setups, it just isn't realistic being able to setup a 60f move and maintain momentum. If you lose the momentum the setup was pointless as you have to try and get neutral started again which i'm sure most high tech mains can appreciate is not the easiest haha.

Last edited:

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
So I was always under the impression that the frame data in the game was right and Ground pound was neutral on block. I only tested this morning for like 2 mins after reading this thread and it is in fact plus. Thank you for that info. I can't, however, get s1 to jail on block (like i said I didn't test for very long). I can beat Cassie kick flip reversal with run in s1 and s4, but I have yet to get it to jail. I'm very interested in this information as it sets up an interesting frame traps for Jacqui. I only play Full Auto so I don't know much about HT, but I like this thread a lot. thanks again!

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Random points after reading through:

I'm like 200% sure 114 to guantlet charge is not safe.
I think only only EX bf2 and 212 into charge are actually safe.
Gauntlet buffs are tight and all, but in an actual match the stars need to allign for you because you need to get the charge out safely then get in again, corner them to finally utilize the charge benefits and all of this before the buff runs out. Not happening mayne outside of super rare occasions and against lesser opponents.

Also, bf1 is a high not mid. If the opponent is crouching/poking you'll just cruise over their head and then eat shit.

Her most important special in HT is Quick burst lol, getting the run cancels down as well as threatening with the actual projectile and delaying it for frametraps/plus frames. It can also cancel out projectiles.
From far away i'd randomly charge up QBs so if they throw a projectile i'll cancel it, if not I run cancel to close distance or run stop for the meter and charge again.

Ground pound is not as amazing as you make it to be, it has a lot of startup and the drop down is pretty slow, sure it's + on block but outside of jailing it from j2 most characters can just d2 out of it before you reach the ground, or simply jump over you and full combo punish.
If you're doing it from further away it can also be punished by a jump-in, Jacqui stays on the ground for a good minute after the ground pound.

F2u2 is alright, the followup mixup (groundpound/2+4/feint) is risky if the opponent knows their stuff. There is a gap before the ground pound where they can armor or backdash, the 2+4 can be low profiled and against some characters all they need to do is crouch and it goes over them lol. The feint is the best option off of the string but you lose your turn to hit buttons.

F12 is her best mid, both hits are also +2 which you can qbrc, tick throw or frametrap from.

Techshield is not average, it's ass. Slow startup and recovery where in some MUs you can absorb a projectile and get hit by the second one they throw out coz you're still recovering..

Stanky is awesome coz it's safe, pretty quick, goes into a combo, anti-airs and covers a space that Jacqui struggles in. Getting it down is essential for her combos as well if you wanna get max damage.

Cosmos

Noob

Gauntlet buffs are tight and all, but in an actual match the stars need to allign for you because you need to get the charge out safely then get in again, corner them to finally utilize the charge benefits and all of this before the buff runs out. Not happening mayne outside of super rare occasions and against lesser opponents.

Also, bf1 is a high not mid. If the opponent is crouching/poking you'll just cruise over their head and then eat shit.

Her most important special in HT is Quick burst lol, getting the run cancels down as well as threatening with the actual projectile and delaying it for frametraps/plus frames. It can also cancel out projectiles.
From far away i'd randomly charge up QBs so if they throw a projectile i'll cancel it, if not I run cancel to close distance or run stop for the meter and charge again.

Ground pound is not as amazing as you make it to be, it has a lot of startup and the drop down is pretty slow, sure it's + on block but outside of jailing it from j2 most characters can just d2 out of it before you reach the ground, or simply jump over you and full combo punish.
If you're doing it from further away it can also be punished by a jump-in, Jacqui stays on the ground for a good minute after the ground pound.

F2u2 is alright, the followup mixup (groundpound/2+4/feint) is risky if the opponent knows their stuff. There is a gap before the ground pound where they can armor or backdash, the 2+4 can be low profiled and against some characters all they need to do is crouch and it goes over them lol. The feint is the best option off of the string but you lose your turn to hit buttons.

F12 is her best mid, both hits are also +2 which you can qbrc, tick throw or frametrap from.

Techshield is not average, it's ass. Slow startup and recovery where in some MUs you can absorb a projectile and get hit by the second one they throw out coz you're still recovering..

Stanky is awesome coz it's safe, pretty quick, goes into a combo, anti-airs and covers a space that Jacqui struggles in. Getting it down is essential for her combos as well if you wanna get max damage.
Her only safe setups are b2 spark and one which I heard about from rip which is a specific 212 in the corner as they are above your head.

F2u2 is pretty good if you have them conditioned to respect the ground pound. Being able to feint and take the bar if they try to armour is nice but if they start backdashing that's where the real problem begins aha.

Yeah Tech shield needs faster startup there is no questioning that aha

Stanky leg is probably her most honest mid aswell it hits deceptively low to the ground, just a shame about the pushback. It's actually not essential for max damage combos all of her variations have just as damaging combos for way less execution bar high tech in which case you'd have to learn stosn's 4xxqb combos which can be pretty tight.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Her only safe setups are b2 spark and one which I heard about from rip which is a specific 212 in the corner as they are above your head.

F2u2 is pretty good if you have them conditioned to respect the ground pound. Being able to feint and take the bar if they try to armour is nice but if they start backdashing that's where the real problem begins aha.

Yeah Tech shield needs faster startup there is no questioning that aha

Stanky leg is probably her most honest mid aswell it hits deceptively low to the ground, just a shame about the pushback. It's actually not essential for max damage combos all of her variations have just as damaging combos for way less execution bar high tech in which case you'd have to learn stosn's 4xxqb combos which can be pretty tight.
Yeah, I think @Pan1cMode came up with the safe 212 gauntlet spark setup. It works if you set it up right. I think she can also get a safe gauntlet spark from njp into njp or njk. I saw that posted somewhere recently but haven't tested it.

I like doing a spark after landing a bf1, although it is not safe against every character. Some characters can only get a projectile punish, or force you to block a projectile, which IMO, is worth the trade off in most cases. We should probably make a chart about who can and can't punish this.

ExBF2 is a full screen hard knockdown, so it can throw off their wakeup timing. It's also her only armored attack that can't be low profiled (including x-ray). ExBF4 (HKD) and ExDF2 (Soft) are also fullscreen knockdown combo enders that don't grant a safe charge, but almost always push them all the way to the corner, which is exactly where you want them.

Once they fear or get used to you sparking up after some of these, you can bait projectiles out of them, or unsafe wakeups that are punishable. Run in and jump over the projectiles for a punish/more pressure. It's kind of a gimmick, but it will keep them on their toes and fearing her sparking up.

Sparking up in neutral is also an option. It's risky but the element of surprise is on your side. Sometimes you can reflect a projectile, then immediately spark up.

Last edited:

Cosmos

Noob
Yeah, I think @Pan1cMode came up with the safe 212 gauntlet spark setup. It works if you set it up right. I think she can also get a safe gauntlet spark from njp into njp or njk. I saw that posted somewhere recently but haven't tested it.

I like doing a spark after landing a bf1, although it is not safe against every character. Some characters can only get a projectile punish, or force you to block a projectile, which IMO, is worth the trade off in most cases. We should probably make a chart about who can and can't punish this.

ExBF2 is a full screen hard knockdown, so it can throw off their wakeup timing. It's also her only armored attack that can't be low profiled (including x-ray). ExBF4 (HKD) and ExDF2 (Soft) are also fullscreen knockdown combo enders that don't grant a safe charge, but almost always push them all the way to the corner, which is exactly where you want them.

Once they fear or get used to you sparking up after some of these, you can bait projectiles out of them, or unsafe wakeups that are punishable. Run in and jump over the projectiles for a punish/more pressure. It's kind of a gimmick, but it will keep them on their toes and fearing her sparking up.

Sparking up in neutral is also an option. It's risky but the element of surprise is on your side. Sometimes you can reflect a projectile, then immediately spark up.
I'll have a test soon but I imagine it's a really delayed njk on the way down into a spark.

I've been finding success with bf1 on wakeup to escape the corner into a spark to bait a projectile, jump and punish but I only do it in certain matchups.

Exbf2 can be low profiled from further out it's just pointblank where it can't be low profiled from what i've seen dood.

I'd personally never spark up in neutral as I refuse to believe a good player is not going to react and punish that. If you're lucky you might get away with it once but it's not something i'd advise aha. If it works for you though fair play!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Exbf2 can be low profiled from further out it's just pointblank where it can't be low profiled from what i've seen dood.
True, but if you know the range that it works you can avoid that. It's pretty much your best bet to 'armor out' of pressure from the D4 characters that make you waste bars on exBF4's and exBF1's.

I'd personally never spark up in neutral as I refuse to believe a good player is not going to react and punish that. If you're lucky you might get away with it once but it's not something i'd advise aha. If it works for you though fair play!
Also true, I remember our discussion on this. It only works if you catch them sleeping, or on a good read. They only have 1 second to react, so it's actually not that slow in the grand scheme of things. If you are playing the neutral with shield and running in, they sometimes get scared to throw a projectile, so you can use that hesitation to spark up, which looks somewhat similar to absorb. I'll admit it's super risky but it does work sometimes. I'd probably only do it with a big life lead, or if you need a crazy comeback.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I'll have a test soon but I imagine it's a really delayed njk on the way down into a spark.
Just tested it and raw njp into njk as well as raw njp into njp are both safe activation of gauntlet spark. Not sure if you can combo into them because you do have to hit the last njk/njp pretty late.

Biologic

Noob
No I think it's just the cancels in general that make the variation unique. Sparks are strong but the variation is still very playable without using them.

It's f2u2 not u1 man and it's already a combo starter regardless of level. You're talking solely about the 1+2 becoming a starter which can be armoured or as stosn showed in one of his video's, crouched though admittedly i'm not sure how viable the crouching is.

It's definitely not overlooked it's just not the most practical to setup at the moment. She has two setups one only works in the corner and they both force you to respect your opponent afterwards. It's an enormous risk that I don't feel high tech can afford to take in a lot of match ups.

To be fair people have looked into practical setups, it just isn't realistic being able to setup a 60f move and maintain momentum. If you lose the momentum the setup was pointless as you have to try and get neutral started again which i'm sure most high tech mains can appreciate is not the easiest haha.
F2,U2 you're right right my mistake, I agree with what you're saying I'm just providing counter argument for the sake of getting a more complete iea of the character and how everyone's approaching the match, I'm no rookie or anything

While the cancels are unique to Jacqui, they're not unique to the cast of MKX, she trades a great deal for cancels and when compared to the other 2 variations she's somewhat lacking without the proper use of the gauntlet cancels, ending in 1,1,4 mid screen guarantees a safe gauntlet cancel and I believe it's important to decide which of your enders you're going to use given the situation in the match: Like how much health they have, how close they are to the corner, or how much stamina you have considering you nee dfull stamina to do her 30% midscreens

It's less me trying to pump something up and say it's really good, and more me trying to bring options to the table, as I really want to see how other players are approaching the character and making use of her tools, I don't think anything should be overlooked, the character has obvious potential and is a likely candidate for buffs in Kombat pack 2, I think the ground pounds does actually have potential and it's place in the game as well as F2,U2, I think the responsibility lies in the player to be unpredictable, and force the opponent to really think and pay attention to everything-Jacqui has a lot players have to consider, and a lot to learn when going up against her, it's easy to forget about some of her options, and I believe this is something we as HT players, should work on

Cosmos

Noob
True, but if you know the range that it works you can avoid that. It's pretty much your best bet to 'armor out' of pressure from the D4 characters that make you waste bars on exBF4's and exBF1's.

Also true, I remember our discussion on this. It only works if you catch them sleeping, or on a good read. They only have 1 second to react, so it's actually not that slow in the grand scheme of things. If you are playing the neutral with shield and running in, they sometimes get scared to throw a projectile, so you can use that hesitation to spark up, which looks somewhat similar to absorb. I'll admit it's super risky but it does work sometimes. I'd probably only do it with a big life lead, or if you need a crazy comeback.
Yeah 100% it's her best armour move and after @Pan1cMode broke his suggested buff for it down i'd continue to use this as her go to option for wakeup.

I respect your opinion a lot dude however I am going to disagree with you on 1 second not being to reactto. Most people can react to Mileena's f3 enough to at least stand block it. Imagine doubling that startup without having an animation to truly mask it aswell. I'll allow some leeway for if you've been using tech shield but still this move is definitely reactable enough that in the best case scenario you are holding a mix-up/pressure if not punished.

Ta for testing the njp stuff though dood. I wanna have a mess about and see if she can get any utility from it mid-screen. I'm thinking starter qbrcxx injp njk gauntlet spark for a safe midscreen setup that leaves them in a reasonable distance to potentially get something started!

Cosmos

Noob
F2,U2 you're right right my mistake, I agree with what you're saying I'm just providing counter argument for the sake of getting a more complete iea of the character and how everyone's approaching the match, I'm no rookie or anything

While the cancels are unique to Jacqui, they're not unique to the cast of MKX, she trades a great deal for cancels and when compared to the other 2 variations she's somewhat lacking without the proper use of the gauntlet cancels, ending in 1,1,4 mid screen guarantees a safe gauntlet cancel and I believe it's important to decide which of your enders you're going to use given the situation in the match: Like how much health they have, how close they are to the corner, or how much stamina you have considering you nee dfull stamina to do her 30% midscreens

It's less me trying to pump something up and say it's really good, and more me trying to bring options to the table, as I really want to see how other players are approaching the character and making use of her tools, I don't think anything should be overlooked, the character has obvious potential and is a likely candidate for buffs in Kombat pack 2, I think the ground pounds does actually have potential and it's place in the game as well as F2,U2, I think the responsibility lies in the player to be unpredictable, and force the opponent to really think and pay attention to everything-Jacqui has a lot players have to consider, and a lot to learn when going up against her, it's easy to forget about some of her options, and I believe this is something we as HT players, should work on
Sorry my quoting game needs buffs aha i'm still not sure how to quote only parts of the message I directly want to respond to :3.

114xxgauntlet charge is not safe midscreen. It's not as punishable in certain matchups but the entire cast can punish it to some degree man.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I respect your opinion a lot dude however I am going to disagree with you on 1 second not being to reactto. Most people can react to Mileena's f3 enough to at least stand block it. Imagine doubling that startup without having an animation to truly mask it aswell. I'll allow some leeway for if you've been using tech shield but still this move is definitely reactable enough that in the best case scenario you are holding a mix-up/pressure if not punished.
Yeah, you might have to hold some pressure for activating it. The point really is that you have to catch them off-guard from like fullscreen distance. Think about Kotal's Blood Offering. It's just as slow but I've seen it activated w/o punish at high level play. It's almost a read that they will not be looking for it. Maybe you catch Tremor flexing, or reptile doing an acid ball. There are alot of situations like that.

Ta for testing the njp stuff though dood. I wanna have a mess about and see if she can get any utility from it mid-screen. I'm thinking starter qbrcxx injp njk gauntlet spark for a safe midscreen setup that leaves them in a reasonable distance to potentially get something started!
Can you actually combo into instant njp from qbrc?

Sorry my quoting game needs buffs aha i'm still not sure how to quote only parts of the message I directly want to respond to :3.

114xxgauntlet charge is not safe midscreen. It's not as punishable in certain matchups but the entire cast can punish it to some degree man.
Just delete the part of the massage from their quote in your response.

I tested 114~spark on Jax and it was actually safe midscreen. Reptile can punish with techroll into slide. Seems character dependent.

Cosmos

Noob
Can you actually combo into instant njp from qbrc?

I tested 114~spark on Jax and it was actually safe midscreen. Reptile can punish with techroll into slide. Seems character dependent.
Nope sadly not, the hitstun from her starters lowers the opponents hurtbox so you can't injp from a qbrc. Not even on bigs :(

A lot of characters can techroll and punish with a projectile. It's 'safe' against a few characters but tech-roll and run in, into a mixup is the issue. To that degree I don't deem it safe.

Biologic

Noob
BF1 is not a mid.
My mistake, I was going off some notes I took and I must've accidentally wrote the wrong thing-I did think it was a mid at close range, I'll double chek later, I'd like for you to give some actual insight and opinions as well, if you don't mind
Nope sadly not, the hitstun from her starters lowers the opponents hurtbox so you can't injp from a qbrc. Not even on bigs :(

A lot of characters can techroll and punish with a projectile. It's 'safe' against a few characters but tech-roll and run in, into a mixup is the issue. To that degree I don't deem it safe.
Edit: replied to the wrong quote-is it not possible to NJP after SOME of the QBRC's though, some of them are less + than others so it should work, in theory? I can check later if you can't

Cosmos

Noob
My mistake, I was going off some notes I took and I must've accidentally wrote the wrong thing-I did think it was a mid at close range, I'll double chek later, I'd like for you to give some actual insight and opinions as well, if you don't mind

Edit: replied to the wrong quote-is it not possible to NJP after SOME of the QBRC's though, some of them are less + than others so it should work, in theory? I can check later if you can't
No it's definitely at high at all spaces aha. Horrendous on block and even worse on whiff aha

No it doesn't work because they aren't as plus there isn't a large enough gap to qbrc and still combo. Bear in mind to injp from a qbrc you have to add frames on from a block cancel and frames for jumping.

Feel free to test though i'd gladly be proven wrong!!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
BF1 sucks. The only time I really use it is to get out of the corner if I can find the gap in my opponent's combo.

Tweedy

Noob
All good. With Kung Lao I D4 people on wake up sometimes, to open them up to grabs and overheads. Vs Jacqui I can low profile the EX BF1 with the D4, and recover in time to full combo punish with F2.

I actually don't know anything about High Tech Jacqui. Just figured i'd point that out. All of my Jacqui experience is vs Shotgun.