What's new

Guide - Outlaw Combos Outlaw Specific

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
If you can already see that you've hit, why would you cancel into either grab or slide when you can go into a combo with 2112xxsand toss/rifle swing/exSG? 21122 is one of our more damaging starters and you should be using it on the ground a ton considering it is our best pressure tool and at the same time provides incredible mixup opportunities, so I'd advise learning how to hit confirm 21122 into combos asap, otherwise you will be losing out on a lot of damage.
good point im going to practice cancelling into sand toss more

Noob
That is a good point. I don't play online. So I have to remember what happens in my offline games and then practice accordingly. I was saying 21122 is dangerous to a grounded opponent even on hit. So even if you land the 21122 and cancel into the command grab they can neutral duck under it. But maybe I was thinking about the 21122 being blocked in the situation I was in. I cant remember exactly now. I am confused I suppose. I do just prefer the juggling. If something does go wrong your generally safe since they have to still hit the floor before getting back up and retaliating. Plus I like the look of it. And ofcourse the mental aspect. Its frustrating being off the ground in a fighting game and I find alot of people stress out when they arnt on the floor. I did just land a 122 run 122 run 21122. If you are just passed mid screen it will carry to the corner and you get 21% I think So its a nice way to get some decent carry towards the which you can then cancel the 2112 into what ever. I haven't been able to cancel out of it just yet. Its a lot of button presses to get my head around. ****** Ok. Doing that makes the 21122 totally uncancellable. Avoid that at all costs. Its a waist of time. Glad I could help you all find what not to do. Suppose its a good way to whittle out the wrong thing to do. 112 run 112 run F3,2+4 will give you the same carry and do the same damage. Ofcourse its bugger all damage. So don't bother doing that either. Haha.

Last edited:

Noob
Oh right. Been meaning to put this up. I haven't seen it anywhere. The F13 comment made me think of it. And if anybody knows the F13 option select I would like to know to. But if you pres B12 you can cancel it into the slide by pressing BF4. You cant just press F4 because you are all ready holding back. But what I noticed is if you pres B1,F2+4 you get the full attack and animation of B12 and it cancels straight into the slide. Its EXable as well.

Noob
@Bucketfeet. Did you get the JI2. If you having trouble continuing the combo after it, then try in inputting B32U1 while you are still in the air. Just after the JI2 lands. EB will start to string as soon as his feet touch.

Noob
Shit. Then I must just be doing it wrong. I cant get it to tick off anything. The animation plays but it just whiffs. On a side note. Are guys able to do it to a crouched opponent. I know a neutral duck goes under it. Does a crouching blocked opponent also get ticked.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
what do you mean when you say tick throw. just another word for command grab? or no. because im pretty sure i can land a 21122 +command grab fair consistently as long as im landing

Noob
21122 into command grab WORKS if the last (2) connects and the opponent goes in the air and if they were grounded when you did the string or they are near the corner or the 21122 will carry them into the corner.
21122 into command grab does NOT work if the last (2) is blocked.

@Bucketfeet. Did you get the JI2. If you having trouble continuing the combo after it, then try in inputting B32U1 while you are still in the air. Just after the JI2 lands. EB will start to string as soon as his feet touch.
Hey man, no what I meant was that in the combo list on page 1. It says JI2 after sand toss which to me it doesn't combo.

Shit. Then I must just be doing it wrong. I cant get it to tick off anything. The animation plays but it just whiffs. On a side note. Are guys able to do it to a crouched opponent. I know a neutral duck goes under it. Does a crouching blocked opponent also get ticked.
yes, it ticks on crouching blocking opponents
what do you mean when you say tick throw. just another word for command grab? or no. because im pretty sure i can land a 21122 +command grab fair consistently as long as im landing
Tick throwing is basically like putting your opponent in a situation where it's very hard for them to escape the throw, and in the case of erron black he can cancel into the command grab on a lot of his strings which makes it very difficult to know when he will tick throw.
Hey man, no what I meant was that in the combo list on page 1. It says JI2 after sand toss which to me it doesn't combo.
It takes quite awhile to be able to do the instant ji2 every time, and I definitely dont recommend trying to do it on females. It's a lot harder, but if you still want to get the ji2 in you can do a slight run cancel and crossup ji2 which is pretty reliable.

It takes quite awhile to be able to do the instant ji2 every time, and I definitely dont recommend trying to do it on females. It's a lot harder, but if you still want to get the ji2 in you can do a slight run cancel and crossup ji2 which is pretty reliable.[/QUOTE]

I see. Thanks for info!

Noob
A tick throw is basically when you throw from an attack. Only command grabs in MK do it. Other games allow combos with throws in them. Its for forcing an unblockable throw. So in the case of EBs it should be unblockable as its a throw. And un techable since its not a normal throw but a special move. So you should be able to tick it off an opponent. If you pit them into a block string and cancel into the command grab it should land. The tick refers to the initial hit that is then cancelled into a throw. But I cant get it. Its not a timing thing. I think maybe the old version doesn't allow it. I still haven't updated to the pre Evo patch. I just whiff on it.

Oh I see. My bad thought you meant the JI2 into B32U1. Are you sure its not comboing. Because it shouldn't not. Are you talking midscreen or in the corner. It will give you problems if you in the corner. You need enough space behind the opponent that they will be pushed back from the B33. If they don't get pushed back then the forward jumping motion is out of whack.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
guys, a lot of this stuff is covered time and again in the general disc., combo thread, and many others, especially since a lot of whats being talked about here isn't outlaw specific... word of advice, might want to read through those pretty quick, everything in those threads should work with the current patch except d3xxdbf2 ticking on hit.

Noob
Agreed. This has gone a bit off topic. Apologies on my side for being somewhat guilty of helping lead it astray after I myself started it. I have read through the general discussions and such. And there is decent bits of information here and there. But there is a lot of stuff that isn't relevant. This thread was set up mainly for new players who want to jump right in. After they have read through it in sure they would go through the other threads and start picking out some things. In all honesty inflames got those combos on point. They are brilliant. And right at the front of the thread too. I didn't expect such a quick lock down on the situation. But its nice to have a place for the outlaw players to chat. Granted this might not be the best place. Haha. But the 21122 still seems relevant given the outlaw specific cancels and follow ups. My bad.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I've been experimenting a bit with those combos and I have a bit of feedback for the midscreen. My idea is, while you lose a bit of damage in the tradeoff, try ending with F1,3,2. That way, you get corner carry and also prevent your opponent from doing a wakeup.

wsj515

Agreed. This has gone a bit off topic. Apologies on my side for being somewhat guilty of helping lead it astray after I myself started it. I have read through the general discussions and such. And there is decent bits of information here and there. But there is a lot of stuff that isn't relevant. This thread was set up mainly for new players who want to jump right in. After they have read through it in sure they would go through the other threads and start picking out some things. In all honesty inflames got those combos on point. They are brilliant. And right at the front of the thread too. I didn't expect such a quick lock down on the situation. But its nice to have a place for the outlaw players to chat. Granted this might not be the best place. Haha. But the 21122 still seems relevant given the outlaw specific cancels and follow ups. My bad.

What you could do is go through general discussion, combo thread, etc. etc. and cherry pick the best and most important information for outlaw and put them all in here in your OP (including inflames' combos here) along with a credit or something. I'm sure that would be extremely helpful to any newcomers.

wsj515

I've been experimenting a bit with those combos and I have a bit of feedback for the midscreen. My idea is, while you lose a bit of damage in the tradeoff, try ending with F1,3,2. That way, you get corner carry and also prevent your opponent from doing a wakeup.
its an interesting option, because it gives you oki and corner carry, but hard to weigh against the highest damage + oki of df2 and high damage + corner carry of 2112xxdbf2. Probably a better option for marksman and gunslinger as an ender that gives you oki without the side switch from 21122xxbf4

What you could do is go through general discussion, combo thread, etc. etc. and cherry pick the best and most important information for outlaw and put them all in here in your OP (including inflames' combos here) along with a credit or something. I'm sure that would be extremely helpful to any newcomers.
This. As of right now I don't think this thread is helpful at all lol

ErmacMKX

Noob
Trying to main Erron but have a question, do i ignore all the combos with the njp or are they still viable online. After him getting nerfed so much don't know which combos are good to use online.

Noob
Trying to main Erron but have a question, do i ignore all the combos with the njp or are they still viable online. After him getting nerfed so much don't know which combos are good to use online.
No, the only NJP thats hard to do online after the patch is his B3 launcher mid screen.

Redux

Ex Phase
njp is no problem in the corner at least for me. Midscreen however Instead of Njp you can do B2. Regardless if you omit NJP from his midscreen combos I don't think you lose more than 2%.

So from what I took from this thread is that his midscreen meterless BnBs are:

F13/B32/B33/21122~Sand Throw, JI2, B32U1, B2/NJP, F24~Stab

F13/B32/B33/21122~Sand Throw, JI2, B32U1, B2/NJP, F24, 21122~Dbf2/Slide/Caltrops

And corner meterless is:

F13/B33/B32/21122~Sand Throw, JI2, B32U1, NJP, JI3, B33~Stab

What are his other BnBs? Or meterburn midscreen and corner?