What's new

Collectively which variations need the most help?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
So we all know there's some shitters in this game. Let's put em in a bag and tell em why.

I'll begin with my top 5 imo

1. Jason as a whole. More so unstoppable and slasher.

2. Kenshi as a whole. More so Balanced and Kenjutsu. @Pig Of The Hut agree??

3. Fisticuffs Johnny. Is this even a thing anymore? @GGA Dizzy @Mikemetroid

4. Warrior Predator

5. Mystic Ermac

Plenty more to choose from, but IMO these are the most barebones characters in the game.

(Dis)Honorable mentions

Commando Kano
Ancestral kung jin
Ninjutsu Scorpion

What u guys think?

hayatei

Noob
unstoppable jason seems to be the only one I can think of that would desperately need help

for the rest of the lower tier variations I feel like most of them are a couple quality of life buffs and small changes away from being a looooooot more viable

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Unbreakable Sub. - just ugh ..

Ethereal - not saying its bad, but it feels it is missing something important, instead of just teleporting.

Special Forces - I LOVE this variation, I've been labbing for a good while but she needs her drone assist buffed badly. It takes too long for her to call the drone which leaves her open to anything. I hope they can do something about that.

Ancestral
Naginata
Fisticuffs
Kenshi (as a whole lmfao)
Warlock (not necessarily bad, just needs more damage output)
Oh god can't forget >>> Mastor of Storms <<<
Brood Mother tbh
Lasher

This is sad but i know there is waaay more I haven't listed lol

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Unbreakable, Mystic, Fisticuffs, Master of Storms, Lasher, Brood Mother, entirety of Jason, Ancestral, Dragon Naginata I guess, Pyromancer, Balanced I guess, Warrior and Assassin.

Not necessary: Ninjutsu, Dualist, Hat Trick, Special Forces, Goro, Kano.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Unbreakable, Mystic, Fisticuffs, Master of Storms, Lasher, Brood Mother, entirety of Jason, Ancestral, Dragon Naginata I guess, Pyromancer, Balanced I guess, Warrior and Assassin.

Agreed

Vaiist

Noob
Master of Storms is an especially frustrating case. I think he's very fun to play, but once the opponent figures out what's going on it's really hard to apply pressure. What makes it so infuriating is that the fixes for him are so obvious. Just in making the orbs hit mid and/or allowing a full EX trap to come out on hit would be a huge deal. You can pinpoint exactly why nobody uses him and yet his main weakness have been left untouched all throughout the patches.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hat Trick needs his fixes, specially the hat gravity and hat trajectory fixes. Right now is just tempest with worst hat spin who can't combo when the opponent is not in between the hat and Lao.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Why on God's green earth are people saying Ninjutsu over Inferno?

That said, I'll still take some help for Ninjutsu. Give it a <17f overhead starter or tweak the rest of it's frame data to stop acting like it has one.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
GM sub: come on, he's only allowed 1 clone out? This is BS.

CT Kano: every other char has dirt, he only has honest safe 50/50s

A list Johnny Cage: he doesn't even have 50/50s

Summoner quan: blocking doesn't work, needs a safe armoured reversal

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I was the most hyped to play Brood Mother when MKX came out. It's a shame I can never play as qt bald dvoh because she absolutely sucks ovipositor in that variation. SQ is simply miles better and even Venomous has a niche and is downright ridiculous in the corner.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player

Entirely agree other than Special Forces. I main SF and I don't think it needs many i any changes at all.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Warrior Pred, Slasher/Unstoppable Jason, Unbreakable Sub, Mystic Ermac just to name a few

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Elaborate please ?
Similar to SF Sonya with the blue homing shot. If Mos Raiden has an orb on screen, all it takes is 1 frame (according to framedata) and theres something on screen the opponent has to respect. Something that also gives you enough time to put another orb out.