What's new

Chris G Wins Next Level Battle Circuit #16

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
With Green Arrow -- using mainly d1 harassment and ice arrows, in front of about 6.5 thousand viewers on Arturo's stream. The dust settled a moment ago, and has hardly had time to clear before everyone tunes in to Wednesday Night Fights.

The Marvel community fires their first shots in retaliation -- who will be next?

Looking forward to these upcoming months.
Archive here: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/395291405

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think Tom is cursed. He has the Karamanaut curse. You get cursed by it when you call someone out before you actually win the tournament. Which prevents you from ever winning a tournament in that game again, until you either publicly apologize, or you beat said person in tournament. Which will come first, I wonder?

GGs Chris, Tom, and all other participants. Stream monsters were dying for some Injustice, it's nice to be on the "good" side of the stream monsters for a change.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
LBSH Chris G shouldn't count as the "Marvel community". He is part of the MK community too. He has even beaten Tom in MK. It's only a blowup if another Marvel player beats our guys.
He was definitely seriously dedicating more time to Marvel, but I respect the fact that he's stuck with MK when others have left, and even started to train a bit in it again around SCR.

However -- be prepared to hear the Marvel community trumpeting this win far and wide.

Lets be serious though; the real winner here is Team Testers :16Bit

Really wanted to see Tom pull through. Still, very entertaining match and good aquaman gameplay. Chris G's green arrow was sick as well.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
screw that shadow get ready to hear all the capcom guys pigback on the ChrisG train and blow this win out of the south...chrisg plays a ton of games so he really doesn't count. I bet money if Floe and J.Wong won in injsutice they would get capcom guys pigbacking off of them.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
BTW who was in winners and who was in losers? Can we get a brief recap?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Don't see why the Marvel community would celebrate this when Chris really isn't part of any specific FGC, just is part of the whole thing. Not to mention, they probably hate him for ruining Marvel LOL!

But hats off to Chris G. I knew Hawkeye...I mean, Green Arrow's bully capabilities were too stronk, but damn, it was in full display here. Don't sleep on this character. Might be Chris behind him, but for damn sure he's gonna be a character to look out for.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Inustice is going strong tonight -- it's really great to see so much interest in the game. Also, almost every Grand Finals thus far has been in credibly hype. I have to remind myself that the game's only been out a week.

Also shoutouts to NRS for supporting all the streams.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Did Tom send Chris to losers earlier or did someone else?

cyke_out

Noob
A doomsday was in Winner's finals, but got peaced out pretty easily by Tom Brady and Chris G in both winners and losers finals. Chris G reset the grand finals and the final match came down to the wire in game 3.

sea_guy

Monitor
Man I hate all this MK vs Capcom/Marvel community stuff. I remember when Chris G was blowing up the anime community for being insular and rude to him at tournaments/locals because they saw him as "just some Capcom guy". If Jwong wins a major over Tyrant or something, shouldn't we be happy that it means people from outside the primary community are taking the game seriously enough to put in work and bring us great tech/matches? I don't like seeing people put guys like Li Joe on blast just 'cause they dropped MK9 early on. This is not to say the MK community is anywhere near as bad as the anime guys..

Rant aside, good shit to Chris G for making an unpopular character look godlike.

Numbface

You. Are Not. Alone.
Seems like the ones keeping score is the MK guys this is stupid the game is great and people from Tekken to Anime to Marvel to MK are loving it stop trying to keep things divided