What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

another low starter than i like to mind game with after restand OR after opponent does break away is crossover j2 * f34 (EASILY hit confirmable)xxAMP low shot * j3 * s4xxnut kick
NOTE: if AFTER restand throw out a f4 FIRST then continue with crossover combo

sars

Noob
Tons of respect points for trying. We may want to keep ourselves up to date with Yaas Queen though. If adjustments are made to digital soldier, chances are they may adjust Yaas Queen too.
Definently, when updates come out I will def go check it out

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Vslayer or anyone, what's the best combo for crossup JK? I'm doing crossup JK, B24 AMP Shots, Uppercut for 312 damage but I'm assuming I'm leaving some damage on the table here?

Or JK in the corner for that matter, doing five S1s into 111 nutpunch for 278 lol.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
@Vslayer or anyone, what's the best combo for crossup JK? I'm doing crossup JK, B24 AMP Shots, Uppercut for 312 damage but I'm assuming I'm leaving some damage on the table here?
I usually do F2 + amp low gunshots * S1 * B2 into nut kick to restand. Always try to find a way to end in a restand even if it sacrifices a bit of damage. But if it's a cross up and not just a J4 from a distance then you could get a J2 after the amp gunshots? I honestly haven't messed around with this a lot, I cross-up with J2 into 111 cause it does 32% and restands.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I usually do F2 + amp low gunshots * S1 * B2 into nut kick to restand. Always try to find a way to end in a restand even if it sacrifices a bit of damage. But if it's a cross up and not just a J4 from a distance then you could get a J2 after the amp gunshots? I honestly haven't messed around with this a lot, I cross-up with J2 into 111 cause it does 32% and restands.
If you have some time tomorrow I'll message you to private practice for a little while. I don't think there's Cassie players out here lol.

sars

Noob
So I think ballbuster low profiles chop chop. Have brought it to practice but I did it in the tournament match I played. It was a mistake input but it worked

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Nut kick reversals liu kangs plus block string between the last and second to last hit. Sorry I can't remember the input but I tested it and it works

Nut kick reversals liu kangs plus block string between the last and second to last hit. Sorry I can't remember the input but I tested it and it works
F43U3 ?
It might work but really unsafe and low reward option compared to jab full combo interrupt or flawless block into full combo.

In case of cross up the opponent stays close to Cassie (but there is a point when he flies far lol).
In that case I found F41xxDB1 the more consistent and damage but S1, F2 can be good too.

After DB1 amp only J4xxBF1 works but S1, B2xx nutkick also.

From normal J3 combo.instead of S1, B2xxBD3 simple B24xxBD3 works fine for a bit more damage.
While you are waiting after DB1 amp you walk back a bit then bamm B24... :)

I could do b24xxbd3 ender after cross too however Cassie is closer to the opponent so might be not as consistent as S1, B2xxBD3. But the more I practiced the more it was consistent lol.

For absolute safety I tend to use S4xxBF4 ender too. But it is not restand just oki.

Last edited:
Strict like hell but possible lol. So maybe just matter of practice.
Plus online factor meh. With 5 minutes practice I could raise the success ratio over 30% lol (and after few tries even more). If the rythm is good it will connect.
U3 is still safest but less rewarding option. But U3 can be good as Cassie's restand play is really good (especially if she has 1 bar after U3 which would have been used for U2).

I played only 1 Sang who abused F212 and F21xxGround Eruption I try not the let them do for free anymore. :)

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
F43U3 ?
It might work but really unsafe and low reward option compared to jab full combo interrupt or flawless block into full combo.
If that's his string that the last his is like plus 4 and is a crushing blow then yeah it 100% works. You're right, its risky, but it will make them think twice before doing that again.

You can also fatal blow in between that gap and you can fatal blow between Shang tsungs f242 gap

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Also idk if you guys know this but when you fatal blow between a gap and use the far input for Cassie's fatal blow, it gets you out of the corner. I've done this quite a few times. Yeah you take damage from the one hit but it's better then eating that corner pressure lmao

If that's his string that the last his is like plus 4 and is a crushing blow then yeah it 100% works. You're right, its risky, but it will make them think twice before doing that again.

You can also fatal blow in between that gap and you can fatal blow between Shang tsungs f242 gap
I see your point yes it is 100% consistency without thinking.
Just risk reward is not in Cassie's favor with that.
You do only 60 (111 with amp) damage with that while you can eat full combo and F43xx parry/low fireball counter it too.
If you do S1 or fb you can do more damage for finishing F43U3.
When I did this they stopped doing it, too.
So mission completes in both cases.

It is mind game after all. Flawless block is weak against stagger. :)
Interrupt is weak against special cancels and block.

I see the benfit of nutkick too. As it is punishable smart Liu Kang might want to bait it and block the stagger and it is Cassie's turn then... mind game. :)

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I see your point yes it is 100% consistency without thinking.
Just risk reward is not in Cassie's favor with that.
You do only 60 (111 with amp) damage with that while you can eat full combo and F43xx parry/low fireball counter it too.
If you do S1 or fb you can do more damage for finishing F43U3.

It is mind game after all. Flawless block and S1 is weak against stagger. :)
I would say the flawless block can be a risky option as well. You block too early, hes plus and can do virtually whatever he wants, you block to late and he gets a full combo.

Using nut kick as a reversal is indeed risky but if it works, you turned the tables and now you're plus and he has to hold your follow up.

Not the liu kang player has 2 options he has to think about, a plus nut kick reversal that puts him at the mercy of plus frames and a flawless block that leads to a juggle.

2 options are way better then one lol