What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

sars

Noob

So I been messing around with Garas F212 and f22 and nut punch interrupt and this is what I came up with. It seems like it’s only worth it if you have a hard read or a bar of defensive meter. I’m sure most of you guys have probably messed around with it also, but here’s what I came up with. It’s definently a risk reward but having defensive meter you will either be plus or reset neutral. Don’t want to trade with F22 and have to play the OKi game with no meter.

Ehndur

Yes

So I been messing around with Garas F212 and f22 and nut punch interrupt and this is what I came up with. It seems like it’s only worth it if you have a hard read or a bar of defensive meter. I’m sure most of you guys have probably messed around with it also, but here’s what I came up with. It’s definently a risk reward but having defensive meter you will either be plus or reset neutral. Don’t want to trade with F22 and have to play the OKi game with no meter.
Thanks, really interesting. I haven't studied that match-up too much tho, weirdly enough, I haven't met many Geras online, at least on PC.

sars

Noob
Thanks, really interesting. I haven't studied that match-up too much tho, weirdly enough, I haven't met many Geras online, at least on PC.
I’ve played it quite a bit. I knew about the situation and used it a couple times and it worked. I really never explored it until I got hit by F22 and it traded. There’s really no downside unless you don’t have meter

sars

Noob
Alright, the Hat Tricks Kung Lao match-up, where do I even begin to understand how to face him?
Just block low against kungloa and hit him out of his teleport. I think the hardest thing about kingloa is holding his pressure. I notice they like to stagger with throws or stagger into a teleport and it’s hard to react to it from that range. He is also hard to antiair cause he can dive kick And that beats out a lot of stuff. Good thing is it’s unsafe. As long as you can deal with his pressure and punish his teleport and dive kick it’s not to bad. I struggled real bad at first with him though.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Just block low against kungloa and hit him out of his teleport. I think the hardest thing about kingloa is holding his pressure. I notice they like to stagger with throws or stagger into a teleport and it’s hard to react to it from that range. He is also hard to antiair cause he can dive kick And that beats out a lot of stuff. Good thing is it’s unsafe. As long as you can deal with his pressure and punish his teleport and dive kick it’s not to bad. I struggled real bad at first with him though.
Huh, not sure if it as because it was late or because you said to block lo, but I just remembered that Kung Lao doesn't have overhead attacks.

I just watched Foxy vs WhiteBl4ck vs. Geras matches where Foxy might have good reads but nut punched all the F212 but block F22 lol. I guess the key is not autopilot doing nut punch but respect it few times. That will mess up Geras too.
On F22 read you can jump but I guess the nutpunch or block mixup is the most safest way.

F22 on trade is not that bad either. Geras is slightly plus on trade. So pretty win/win for Cassie.
F2xxSand trap blows this up but that looks desperate and "block" mixup is still good risk reward.

sars

Noob
I just watched Foxy vs WhiteBl4ck vs. Geras matches where Foxy might have good reads but nut punched all the F212 but block F22 lol. I guess the key is not autopilot doing nut punch but respect it few times. That will mess up Geras too.
On F22 read you can jump but I guess the nutpunch or block mixup is the most safest way.

F22 on trade is not that bad either. Geras is slightly plus on trade. So pretty win/win for Cassie.
F2xxSand trap blows this up but that looks desperate and "block" mixup is still good risk reward.

Yeah I actually thought about f2 sand trap but if you block it they going for a full combo. I agree it’s not something you use all the time, I do think you have to show them you know about it cause now you just took away one of there best tools. That will make them do f2 sandtrap and you can just block it and punish. There’s def risk to it

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
After playing her for a month, I've realized her optimal combos don't revolve around her using a second bar to AMP nut kick. Actually, never do that. In most of these combos after a J4 or J2, use a S1 before b2,4 (b2 only on female characters or depending on the height the opponent is at after the S1) and end in the restand. That's as optimal as it gets. I added all that to the OP.

Hitting two combos like that with 1 bar each is 56% which is not to mention if you get a KB out of it is even more. So right now, that's pretty much her gameplan.

Hope y'all still enjoying playing her :D

sars

Noob
After playing her for a month, I've realized her optimal combos don't revolve around her using a second bar to AMP nut kick. Actually, never do that. In most of these combos after a J4 or J2, use a S1 before b2,4 (b2 only on female characters or depending on the height the opponent is at after the S1) and end in the restand. That's as optimal as it gets. I added all that to the OP.

Hitting two combos like that with 1 bar each is 56% which is not to mention if you get a KB out of it is even more. So right now, that's pretty much her gameplan.

Optimal is actually using jump in 2 or 3, 4, nutpunch. It does more damage than 1, b24 nutpunch.

On males you would do B24,DB1 amp,
jump 3 4 nut punch ( you can land this on girls but it has to be perfect)

On females you do jump in 2, 4, nutpunch

Atleast those were my results. I appritiate you keeping up with the thread

Foxy does not use amp nut kick but reset.
For more damage but no reset ender I found 111xxbf4 (amp) ender good enough. Maybe amp nut kick is more damage I do not know now but will test (as I remember it is not).

As Cassie need bar for more threat and +1 bar does not really add too much I rather keep that 1 bar unless it kills or crucial.

But I am not a Cassie veteran.

For me 4xxnut punch is not consistent yet after J3 so I rather use 3xxnut punch.
And b24xxnut punch after J2.

Dropping even 1 out of 20 does not worth risking it. :)

i couldve swore f4,1 ampguns, j2, b24 nuts did a tad over 26? I very well could be mistaken though

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

Damage might not be anything all that impressive when compared to some of the other characters, but her ability to play the neutral and her versatility is why I play her.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser

Just wanted to add, you can reversal upkick and beat f22 clean.

sars

Noob
So I figured out some good stuff about yaas queen corner game and it’s seems real good. I’m gonna make a video today or tomarrow. I’m really starting to like yaas queen. It’s way more fun to play in my eyes. I don’t think it’s as good but it’s definently not bad.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So I figured out some good stuff about yaas queen corner game and it’s seems real good. I’m gonna make a video today or tomarrow. I’m really starting to like yaas queen. It’s way more fun to play in my eyes. I don’t think it’s as good but it’s definently not bad.
I don't think I could function without low gunshots. The only time I played it was during the story fights and I felt naked and powerless.

sars

Noob
I don't think I could function without low gunshots. The only time I played it was during the story fights and I felt naked and powerless.
Low gunshot is money, but it’s actually fun playing the close game more often. I feel like I’m learning to wiff punish and spacing myself better. I feel like playing yaas queen will make me a better player overall

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
Looking but not seeing. The heck you guys using Flippin out for? The only thing I use it for is accidental input getting me punished.

Nvm I see the video now my bad

Last edited:
Looking but not seeing. The heck you guys using Flippin out for? The only thing I use it for is accidental input getting me punished.

Nvm I see the video now my bad
NRS probably intentionally put this ability to mess new Cassie players who can not do the BD3 input properly.
In the first few hours I did it too especially on the right side. Thank you NRS. :)