What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

Ehndur

Yes
Air gun, low gun, shoulder charge? Sounds like a complete setup to me.

Which is why it'll never happen lmfao
The only way we're getting that set of Specials is if they allow custom variation in competitive. Now, I don't know how likely is that, but I'd say pretty close to 0 :D

If they add a new one though, they'll probably put the BLB control ability or the DoT one.
The 2 Specials that replace Low Gunshots are awful I think. (65 start-up frame :O)

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I'm not sure if someone discovered this yet, but I think I might've found a use for db3 with Cassie in Digital Soldier. :eek:
This is a hype ass find. I genuinely don't believe it lmao It looks like that's actually what the move is designed to do too and you can push it far or short depending on what range you snagged them with lowgun AMP so that you're ontop of them either way. Excellent shit.

This is a hype ass find. I genuinely don't believe it lmao It looks like that's actually what the move is designed to do too and you can push it far or short depending on what range you snagged them with lowgun AMP so that you're ontop of them either way. Excellent shit.

Thank you, thank you. Yeahp, that's exactly how you'd want to approach this. :D The one I used in the vid was the medium one (db3) because of the f31 starter. I'd say that the b2 starter might have a different distance on db3, if ever. Oh! And on the bright side too, don't worry too much if you miss them by accident. The oki that flipping with the guns gives you still puts you right next to them for pressure. :D

also you would most likely be j2/j3 OR following up right after the j2/j3 at the point they break away (in my experience anyways). I feel like Im missing something here? now if the buff the recovery a few frames this would be awesome

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
also you would most likely be j2/j3 OR following up right after the j2/j3 at the point they break away (in my experience anyways). I feel like Im missing something here? now if the buff the recovery a few frames this would be awesome
The read is that if it's in a situation where eating the full lowgun amp combo would kill, or put them at life deficit, you can instead flip on them in anticipation of the break. If they don't break you're still in position to pressure them on wakeup. There's no loss here except you didn't go for the full combo. I'm not at home to test how much advantage, if any, Cassie has on them in both situations but it's still a probable use of the move. Can we get some situation breakdowns? I'm curious if you could kind of use the flip like a frametrap and fool them into thinking the recovery animation puts you at negative or even when you are (Hopefully) actually at advantage?

ahhhh i see..now THAT is pretty neat...didnt think about it like that. cant wait to mess with this into throw brutality for extra salt. still would REALLY like a recovery frame buff on that special...it looks too cool to be so useless

I'm not sure if someone discovered this yet, but I think I might've found a use for db3 with Cassie in Digital Soldier. :eek:
you don't input it on reaction vs the combo breaker, you just input that because you guess that the opponent will break the combo.
what if the opponent doesn't break the combo? it will leave you open and you will get punished by a combo of them or am I wrong?

im about to leave work BUT i THINK it hits and knocks down. another tech i was messing with was inputting the db3 upon reaction to advancing strings (seems better than eating a block string plus side switch?) but it was tough on my switch so i gotta wait until i get home to try it on ps4

Last edited:
It does indeed work to avoid advancing strings BUT the only reason I can see to really use it is for side switch as low shot is quicker but does less damage. There has GOT to be something we're missing

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It does indeed work to avoid advancing strings BUT the only reason I can see to really use it is for side switch as low shot is quicker but does less damage. There has GOT to be something we're missing
Slow startup, slow recovery, no amp version. Unfortunately I don’t think we’re missing anything. Unless something happens if you use it with charged guns other than doing more damage, but I doubt it.

Just used the far version in an online ranked to escape the corner baiting a Kano roll and it hit leading to 3/4 screen zoning ftw. Could've used the corner escape mechanic I suppose but without damage and knock down... For what its worth the 3 times I used it (on purpose lol) it did what I wanted it to do