What's new

Cheaters on PC. Any solution?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Seems the PC version has even more elements of why this game is not fun online, all this stuff I'm reading about this version good lord as if the console versions weren't bad enough.

Zviko

Noob
Seems the PC version has even more elements of why this game is not fun online, all this stuff I'm reading about this version good lord as if the console versions weren't bad enough.
It's not as bad as it sounds. In 600+ games I maybe matched against 1 cheater who was lag switching and possibly another one who intentionally desynced the game but I still got the win.

MKF30

It's not as bad as it sounds. In 600+ games I maybe matched against 1 cheater who was lag switching and possibly another one who intentionally desynced the game but I still got the win.
That's actually a good ratio lol. On the console versions ha you'll get several every day no joke, I don't know which console has the most(I imagine PS4 due to the more players) but I have the Xbox and switch versions and I can't tell you how many times I get someone struggling or when they counter pick me it gets laggy suddenly except when they attack me of course.

Sparta

Noob
I honestly think the situation has improved if we think about how it was in the first two months of the game, when there were other possible ways to cheat. various glitch or exploit.
However, I continue to find some especially in the kombat league, and the system they use lately is to use software to knock down the fps.
Last night I found another nickname was THING, I don't remember if it was wifi or cable.
However the first match we played he won, in the second I won and before the third in the character selection he waited almost the whole countdown (probably because he was opening the right program). As soon as the round started, the ping went up to more than 600ms and the game got out of sync.

Unfortunately I don't think we can do anything to stop these people, just report their nicknames and avoid them online if possible.

MKF30

I honestly think the situation has improved if we think about how it was in the first two months of the game, when there were other possible ways to cheat. various glitch or exploit.
However, I continue to find some especially in the kombat league, and the system they use lately is to use software to knock down the fps.
Last night I found another nickname was THING, I don't remember if it was wifi or cable.
However the first match we played he won, in the second I won and before the third in the character selection he waited almost the whole countdown (probably because he was opening the right program). As soon as the round started, the ping went up to more than 600ms and the game got out of sync.

Unfortunately I don't think we can do anything to stop these people, just report their nicknames and avoid them online if possible.
Yeah I hear ya man. It's what my dad used to do whenever he played hearts on msn lol. People would cheat when they're losing or get shitty cards so there was a block list, but he also made his own block list and had about 50+ people on it, got to the point where it just turned him off so he stopped playing the online one, now he sticks to the single player one on his kindle vs the CPU lol. Can't say I blame him, it's amazing how gaming has become so evolved since the 70's and 80's yet it's human nature to cheat no matter what the game is could be sports or a mere video game or card game and that's really unfortunate.

@MKF30 Outside of Private Sets, I've spent more time playing the AI in Mortal Kombat XL, Killer Instinct, and Mortal Kombat 11.

While I do play Public Multiplayer sometimes, I find it's more frustrating than it's worth, to be honest.

MKF30

@MKF30 Outside of Private Sets, I've spent more time playing the AI in Mortal Kombat XL, Killer Instinct, and Mortal Kombat 11.

While I do play Public Multiplayer sometimes, I find it's more frustrating than it's worth, to be honest.
Oh I 100% agree, especially in MK 11's case lol. I enjoy playing online, competing while having fun but this is the first MK game ever in history of MK games I've played(and I've played them all) where online genuinely stresses me out and pisses me off to no end. It feels like one of those games where, no matter how much you improve you'll still lose to dumb shit. To me that's not the player, but the game usually it's the other way around most of the time but I think this game with all the flaws, bs and gimmicks to deal with is the one exception. You have sound advice, tbh the only reason I still play online competitively at this point is so I don't become rusty because Fujin is coming and I've been waiting over 10 years for him.

@MKF30 Yeah, overall, for actual Multiplayer, I simply find Private Matches the most enjoyable. Even if I'm getting demolished.

With private sets and having fun with people you know, they'll actually be interested in helping you improve.

MKF30

I agree, yeah. It's unfortunate they hide the "exclusive skins" some of which are really cool looking behind KL. From say the casual player standpoint, just think they paid good money like anyone else(friends of mine who play MK casually) they may see an outfit they like but will never have a chance in a million years to get it if it's in KL because they don't play competitively. That bothers me a lot because I can understand their frustration with that.

Yeah I've met a few people from here or online even (as rare as it is) that are nice and added for private matches.

@MKF30 True, though in fairness, most skins were locked behind single player only content at first. Multiplayer people complained, we got Kombat League for exclusive skins for that mode, and people on both sides still complain.

No one's ever happy.

Having said that, I agree skins are not done well in this game. The skin system from Mortal Kombat XL, outside of the lack for DLC characters, was generally excellent save for the four online-only skins.

MKF30

@Juxtapose yeah I mean that idea I'm not exactly fond of either(I prefer their hey you want to unlock the skins you an in any mode eventually method) than the "oh hey you want this skin, gotta beat gauntlet! You want this skin? Gotta beat Demi God in KL!! You want this skin? Gotta complete all character towers. This one? Must find it in the krypt eventually!! Now don't get me wrong, I get the skins shouldn't just come super easy but I prefer the method of unlocking all of them by playing the game overall over time, not just hidden behind a certain mode. They call it incentive, I call it a gimmick to keep playing the game.

I get obviously you can't please everyone but as far as the gears, skins go I think they could have taken a better, more practical path imo. The way Deception, MK 9, MK A and MK X did it were much better imo. I liked how in MK X you had two options to play the krypt for everything but if you didn't have time, you COULD buy everything with real money. I just don't get why this wasn't an option as it's only with a few outfits on rotation and not ANY skin you want in the game but it's whatever. I get it they want us to be like "oh I'm accomplished, I'm good I got this in KL haha" but you have to ask yourself at the end of the day is it worth all that stress? lol

Yeah the ninja skins that looked like action figures, what the steel skins? For MKX online only?

@MKF30 Actually no. The Gold Scorpion skin was from the Collector's Edition of the game, retail only. It was released for all at some point on Xbox One, not sure about PlayStation 4. It was never released on PC, but is in the game.

The Blue Steel Sub-Zero and Crimson Ermac skins were premium skins you could buy to support e-sports.

The online only skins are: Hotshot Johnny Cage, Revenant Liu Kang, Revenant Kitana, and Revenant Kung Lao. As far as I know, they can only be earned online by getting a 10 game win streak in Survivor King of the Hill, getting 25 Ranked wins, getting 25 King of the Hill wins, and giving 2500 Respect Points in King of the Hill respectively. If there's an offline way to unlock them, I'd love to know.

I have them all on PC, but on Xbox One, I don't have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox LIVE Gold, so I can't get them.

Aside from these four skins, I think skins were done wonderfully in the game.

MKF30

More like developer awful support
Haha true but I get his point, some PC people love to take the elitist mentality of "PC master race" but obviously have their own problems.

@MKF30 Actually no. The Gold Scorpion skin was from the Collector's Edition of the game, retail only. It was released for all at some point on Xbox One, not sure about PlayStation 4. It was never released on PC, but is in the game.

The Blue Steel Sub-Zero and Crimson Ermac skins were premium skins you could buy to support e-sports.

The online only skins are: Hotshot Johnny Cage, Revenant Liu Kang, Revenant Kitana, and Revenant Kung Lao. As far as I know, they can only be earned online by getting a 10 game win streak in Survivor King of the Hill, getting 25 Ranked wins, getting 25 King of the Hill wins, and giving 2500 Respect Points in King of the Hill respectively. If there's an offline way to unlock them, I'd love to know.

I have them all on PC, but on Xbox One, I don't have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox LIVE Gold, so I can't get them.

Aside from these four skins, I think skins were done wonderfully in the game.
oh yes ok those skins thought you were talking about certain promotional ones. I remembered they did the batman tas looking ones differently. Haha

Yeah I vaguely remember that now. Mk x i dropped after a year due to the whole running 5050 meta. But yeah, I though revenant liu lang was one of his regular skins? But hey whatever lol. I didn't use any of those 3, just kung jinks, emac and raiden a little. I got all their skins before I dropped it. I don't think they had a steel or gold tas looking one for reptile iirc

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
PC have some pluses:
  1. you can play with your own music
  2. every time, when you wait search of ranked game, you can alt+tab and serf internet
  3. Unlocker

Zviko

Noob
I was reading some stuff about that unlocker and how it works etc and I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for so many more desyncs on PC was actually that unlocker. Because you do get the "unusual" access to servers and then all the data transferring etc and it might corrupt some files especially when you unlock stuff which hasn't been released for the rest yet which might cause some compatibility issues with others online just like mods do in other games.

I'm just guessing here...

MKF30

PC have some pluses:
  1. you can play with your own music
  2. every time, when you wait search of ranked game, you can alt+tab and serf internet
  3. Unlocker
On the xbox you can with your own music, but I never use it lol.

I tend to do this with my phone, iPad sometimes I admit while I wait for a match. Haha or I fall asleep lol

Yeah that seems to be the most unique thing, though I've noticed some folks are afraid to use it.

@MKF30 Hi Dark Emperor skin could be unlocked Offline, but his Revenant one was online only. And no, Reptile had a Klassic skin, but no "action figure" skin.

In terms of platforms in general, all games have issues of some sort that are platform specific. Some are more serious than others. In terms of pluses, I'd say the major pluses for the PC versions vs. the console counterparts would be: cheaper cost, free Multiplayer, better graphic options. Nothing wrong with playing the game on any platform though.

MKF30

@MKF30 Hi Dark Emperor skin could be unlocked Offline, but his Revenant one was online only. And no, Reptile had a Klassic skin, but no "action figure" skin.

In terms of platforms in general, all games have issues of some sort that are platform specific. Some are more serious than others. In terms of pluses, I'd say the major pluses for the PC versions vs. the console counterparts would be: cheaper cost, free Multiplayer, better graphic options. Nothing wrong with playing the game on any platform though.
Oh ok I see, I forget the one you're talking about because I could swear his revenant was his default unless I'm thinking of a different one. lol. I agree with you on the graphical options but the negatives for PC -easier ways to cheat, mod(I dealt with this already on original xbox was not fun til they fixed this with the 360 onward) The free multiplayer sounds cool but for me depends on the game, I'm a bit selective so this doesn't effect me much. Graphical option is definitely a plus for PC with upgrading, my two friends who love PC do this all the time. I asked them about the pluses and negatives, since this thread they more or less said the same thing though they also said it's easier for people to cheat sadly. So there's always tradeoffs it seems but I'd like to think most people are honest.

Yeah the "action figure" skin or TAS looking skin as I call it he didn't have which I found funny.

@MKF30 In Mortal Kombat XL, a few characters default skins were "what-if" skins, specifically what would they have looked like had they not died in the previous game. This was the case for Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Kitana. I can't recall who else or if that was it.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao were old men with grey hair, so probably in their early 60's (which made sense given the game was about 25 years later). Kitana, being Edenian, still looked young, but more distinguished.

And yeah, at the end of the day, it's great that people can play the games they like on the platform they choose.

Yup, only Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Ermac had those skins.