What's new

Breakthrough Character specific stance changes effect environmental bounces! Ridiculous!

Hopefully they can patch the hit boxes so they are the same in both stances. I can't figure out how they didnt notice this in testing. I always thought I was dropping aquamans 2,2 after scoop because of online lag. Good find mayo.

I knew something fishy was going on with stances and hitboxes.

I also noticed if you counter hit certain moves during start up or recovery (e.g. Batman/KF slides, Doomsday's Super Nova) it can make some strings uncombo which is pretty stupid. Some strings and special cancels that are supposed to be natural combos will suddenly decide to stop working because of the stagger of counter hit. Which means you can and will get punished for trying to punish some things with the wrong stance/string.

Nobody noticed when I pointed that out in a thread but I guarantee you 1 month from now everyone will be complaining about it lol.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Stance specific combos in VF = "it adds depth!"

Stance specific combos in INJ/MK9 = "its a bug!"
You actually use different stances in VF. In Mk9/IGAU the stance button is just there. One does not benefit off of it except for interactable combos that aren't practical to begin with. It's not depth; it's just annoying.

Also, learning a character in less than a week and entering a major and actually doing well doesn't mean the game has depth either. IGAU has no depth. It has more technical aspects than mk9 sure, but it still isn't hard at all to pick up and do well at a tourny/major. IGAU is no where close to how in depth Guilty Gear, KOF13, Blazblue, Arcana Hearts 3 (fuck that loli game), or Virtual Fighter are.

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
I was told by one of the NRS Development members that the stance switch's only purpose was so that whenever Injustice made a trailer video, the characters wouldn't be facing their backs towards the camera...makes sense only for that nature.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
If NRS wouldn't be so adamant about including this damn stance-change button it wouldn't be an issue. They just need to take a cue from every other 2D fighter out there and have the characters face a single direction and that's it.

How are you supposed to pay attention to this in the heat of an actual fight? Smh.

This is actually also an issue in DOA, where some combos/strings will connect differently depending on whether a character is in open (both character's bodies facing the same direction) or closed (character bodies facing opposite direction) stance. All it does is contribute to randomness and has no place in a competitive fighter.

SLy

Noob
Isn't there an option in training mode where if you hit your opponent, the body part of the limb in which you hit your opponent lights up.. That can be exactly what this is made for.

If that's the case then NRS is probably fully aware of this and that's probably the reason we even have stance change in this game.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
I find it curious that Catwoman can make the string whiff on a mirror Catwoman. I wonder if this only affects the characters you have listed, that those characters have issues with their hitboxes based on their stance.

The characters excluded like Harley, Joker, Batman, probably don't have any problems with one another I would guess. For example, Batman wouldn't whiff against Harley in any circumstance (because their hitboxes are not affected by stance), but he would whiff against Catwoman sometimes because her hitbox changes based on her stance.

I'll test out this theory when I get a chance.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

In VF it is completely intentional. There are different combos if your opponent is facing up or down, there are different combos facing left or right. There are different combos for different characters you are playing against. In VF it fits the game system, in this game it doesnt make much sense especially since there are only two stances

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
how do you find all these things?! I've said this a million times already but i'm so happy that you picked catwoman as your main in this game :)
I'm making a combo analysis video, and I was practicing my new environmental combo and it just wasn't connecting. That's how I found it.

I like how the stance switch button, which is pointless fluff by design, actually managed to be worse than useless.

Also, this probably should have gone in general gameplay discussion. It effects far more than just Selina
Could be kinda cool... If you know about the limitations in matchups, you could make sure your stance is a certain way when near those interactables as a defensive options of sorts. Catwoman can take 61% using an environmental bounce. If you have a way to make it fail, consider it something to help you out.

I was literally about to post this, found this out 2 days ago when searching for a high combo using interactables.
Gutted you beat me to it.
Suck it!!!

Also Mayo, you didn't tag Maxter, who seems to be a Catwoman main as well :-(
Maxter hasn't posted a single thing to contribute to all the work we've been doing together for our character, and in recent tournaments I just see him playing Nightwing. So, I stopped tagging him.

Lol, nice find. Just goes to show you interactable bounce combos are unpractical.

IGAU has no depth. It has more technical aspects than mk9 sure, but it still isn't hard at all to pick up and do well at a tourny/major.
I totally disagree. If you know it works on certain characters, use it. And like the video shows, other main strings NO issues connecting to the bounce at all. Her 2D2 string still leads to 60% damage with environmental bounce and never fails. -- I haven't seen any random scrubs winning tournaments who just picked it up and won. I've only seen players who have also won many MK majors and well known naturally good fighting game players.

tataki

Noob

Actually the stance in VF has a more important role, with half circular attacks. This makes sense because it's a 3D game. Having something like this in a 2D game makes no sense and I'm guessing it's simply a by product of not using 2D hitboxes like other fighting games.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Can they just please getting fucking rid of the stance change button? It is THE MOST FUCKING USELESS BUTTON IN FIGHTING GAME HISTORY. NOTHING IS EVEN CLOSE.

The worst shit is when I do a 2,3 string of some sort and my stance change happens INSTEAD of my string coming out because apparently, hitting 2+3 is the same as hitting stance change.

Wasn't this SUPPOSED to have some sort of application in MK9 and they scrapped it? How about you just scrap it COMPLETELY, NRS?

tataki

Noob
Can they just please getting fucking rid of the stance change button? It is THE MOST FUCKING USELESS BUTTON IN FIGHTING GAME HISTORY. NOTHING IS EVEN CLOSE.
The characters automatically change stances on their own when fighting, so removing the stance button would only make things worse because you'll lose the only way you'll have some sort of control over this randomness.

Sami

Noob
Nice find. Currently working my way through the whole cast with Raven (up to Catwoman... christ this is slow work) testing every move/string into background bounce to see if I can find any.

So far I've found two (22 on Bane only connects if both chars are in different stances, 2 on Batgirl only connects if both chars are in the same stance).

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Nice find. Currently working my way through the whole cast with Raven (up to Catwoman... christ this is slow work) testing every move/string into background bounce to see if I can find any.

So far I've found two (22 on Bane only connects if both chars are in different stances, 2 on Batgirl only connects if both chars are in the same stance).
This is what I like to hear! People going into the lab and figuring it out!

Sami

Noob
The characters automatically change stances on their own when fighting, so removing the stance button would only make things worse because you'll lose the only way you'll have some sort of control over this randomness.
It seems quite predictable actually (note I've only tested using Raven's moves). Specific moves will change both your stance and your opponent's stance reliably, as does swapping the sides of the screen between a knock-down and standing back up.

Slymind

Noob
You actually use different stances in VF. In Mk9/IGAU the stance button is just there. One does not benefit off of it except for interactable combos that aren't practical to begin with. It's not depth; it's just annoying.

Also, learning a character in less than a week and entering a major and actually doing well doesn't mean the game has depth either. IGAU has no depth. It has more technical aspects than mk9 sure, but it still isn't hard at all to pick up and do well at a tourny/major. IGAU is no where close to how in depth Guilty Gear, KOF13, Blazblue, Arcana Hearts 3 (fuck that loli game), or Virtual Fighter are.

I won't contest about Injustice vs other games simply because i don't play either, but, as far as i can see in tournaments, the dedicated players are the ones suceeding at them, and i will even add, that despite anything Injustice is still a new game, let's see in like one year from now, when only remains the ones who truly embraced the game and see if a person that played only one week, will be able to keep up.