Votes: 9 17.6%
  • get close to winning with matches out of your favor

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Pick Kabal

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Why do you have to pick one or the other? Just picking the top tier isn't going to make you do better, if you don't even somewhat like your character (or atleast their style) you're not gonna be motivated to learn to use them effectively and you're not gonna do any better than you would with a character that you do like even if they're significantly lower on the tier list.

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
My favorite character is Kenshi. He's pretty fucking neato burrito.

I've said so much on this topic already, so anyone who reads the status feed knows how I feel. NIGHTWOLF AINT DEAD. PLAY THE CHARACTERS YOU LOVE.

Stay Gucci.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Sometimes you are just lucky your favorate character is badass. Don't worry Lumpy, there's hope for Sheeva in MK10.

(no there's not)

Matador Fiend

Dojo Trainee
When you are messing around with friends, character loyalty all of the way. I dont blame tourny players for using Kabal and Lao. The game is not balanced and when cash is only the line people are going to use the characters with broken shit. This game will eventually probably evolve into tournies being nothing but 4-5 chars being used anyway. Kinda like how when I watch an Umk3 tourny I only see like 3 chars out of the cast being used. Human Smoke Human Smoke Human Smoke Ermac Kabal

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
If you are a character loyalist, I think you have a better chance of winning in most circumstances. It does of course help to main a top tier character, but when you stick to a main you begin to develop instincts and great MU knowledge. There are VERY few people in this community that can have success with multiple characters (pretty much only the Terry brothers as far as I know). I know pretty much all of the cast since I use Shang but I do struggle sometimes when playing a different character, even if they are technically better than Shang. I will continue to play ST because he gives me my BEST chance at winning due to the amount of time that I have put into him. Future tournaments will probably back up my theory, with a few rare exceptions. People that switch characters too often will probably not do better than those who stick to one.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i hate mirrors in this game, the only reason to watch a mirror is if both players mains the same character

peachyO

Dojo Trainee
sheeva has always been at the bottom lol
no she hasn't. in mk3/umk3, her ground pound and teleport were much more damaging, she was as fast as the other characters, her throw was combo-able, and she had 100% combo exploits. even her juggle combo topped 40%, as did her regular standing combo (46%). sindel, kabal, and sheeva were some of the top characters. kabal arrived in mk9 intact; sindel, kind of, sheeva, not quite. :(

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
If you are a character loyalist, I think you have a better chance of winning in most circumstances. It does of course help to main a top tier character, but when you stick to a main you begin to develop instincts and great MU knowledge. There are VERY few people in this community that can have success with multiple characters (pretty much only the Terry brothers as far as I know). I know pretty much all of the cast since I use Shang but I do struggle sometimes when playing a different character, even if they are technically better than Shang. I will continue to play ST because he gives me my BEST chance at winning due to the amount of time that I have put into him. Future tournaments will probably back up my theory, with a few rare exceptions. People that switch characters too often will probably not do better than those who stick to one.
how bout if u plan on maining a 3-some like i am?

and sheeva was at the bottom in umk3...i checked the tier list...

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
play who you want. the way i see it, if your playing in a tournament, and using a shitty character, chances are your not gonna get very far and not get very much tourney experience and more importantly, you'll get less time to play the game you travelled so far to play :(

From a purely casual standpoint, theres no doubt in my mind that after awhile you develop a bond and attachment to a certain character, and when that happens you might be surprised with what you can come up with