What's new

Char that covers KL bad matchups

But to answer the question:

If you have a problem with Kitana, then use Reptile.

If you have a problem with Sonya, then use Noob.

If you have a problem with Cage, then use Kabal.

Although this takes a bit of practice to learn a new character and then a new MU, so just stick it out with KL, and watch how awesome he is, all the time.
what if i have a problem with reptile

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Raiden takes away all option selects the opponent once had, you get one wrong read on a teleport after a block string, and your eating a full combo.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I actually think hes a top 3 character. He has no real bad MUs. His worst is a 4-6 and its probably vs Sonya but thats not even that bad of a MU. He has all the tools to win with. The problem is that so many players play the character incorrectly and still too risky with random teleports and low hats. I think once the game evolves people will see how ridiculous he is.
I definitely agree... My training partner kompletely disagrees. I'm picking up Lao to prove him wrong.

REO

Undead
So let me get this straight...

You are saying no matter what I do with Kung Lao, I will just lose to a guy because he selected Kabal? Come on dude, do you really live and die by MU charts?

Your going to have to elaborate a little bit more than that man, but allow me:

Kabal has to dash cancel to get anything started on offence, you have said so yourself, and I agree, but and with every cancel, the possibility of a spin or :bp is on the cards, and you certainly can't resort to keeping Kung Lao out all that easy, so like I said, Im not convinced.

Your going to have to actually fight, and we all know how kabal players don't like that.

Is the joke funnier now?
At the highest level, obviously. Here, let me bring in some American players who have experience Kabal at the absolute highest level in the US to chime in:

Pig Of The Hut
CURBOLICOUS
Death
m2dave

If they don't get through your thick skull then, I don't know what will. All I'm going to say, if you plan on winning EVO and aren't maining Kabal, you're doing it wrong.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
At the highest level, obviously. Here, let me bring in some American players who have experience Kabal at the absolute highest level in the US to chime in:

Pig Of The Hut
CURBOLICOUS
Death
m2dave

If they don't get through your thick skull then I don't know what will. All I'm going to say, if you plan on going to EVO and aren't maining Kabal, you're doing it wrong.
KL imo i think loses the MU at the highest level. In order for KL to win the match he needs to control the momentum at all times. You have to win by making the other player play your game. If kabal is in control then KL loses but its harder for KL to gain the advantage first, that is why I think kabal beats him. Mistakes on either side is CRITICAL

UsedForGlue

KL imo i think loses the MU at the highest level. In order for KL to win the match he needs to control the momentum at all times. You have to win by making the other player play your game. If kabal is in control then KL loses but its harder for KL to gain the advantage first, that is why I think kabal beats him. Mistakes on either side is CRITICAL
Kabal can't AIF all day to get damage, its only a zoning tact, yes, he will check you with 1-3 saw blades a round, but thats not enough, he will have to actually dash cancel at some point to get rushdown going for some damage, and up close is not where you want a good Kung Lao player to be.

Kabal is not the be all and end all of this game, its just another fad flavour of the month.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I actually think hes a top 3 character. He has no real bad MUs. His worst is a 4-6 and its probably vs Sonya but thats not even that bad of a MU. He has all the tools to win with. The problem is that so many players play the character incorrectly and still too risky with random teleports and low hats. I think once the game evolves people will see how ridiculous he is.
Top 3 eh? FINALLY YOU GET ON MY LEVEL OF THINKING!

:p

UsedForGlue

KL has no bad MU's imo. And i m gonna agree with Glue Raiden is very underrated also. Just because he doesnt have many who can rep him well doesnt mean he is not good.
Its Crazy that no one can see this.

You are one wrong guess away from a full combo punish, after almost everything you or raiden does.

Sonya is not a bad match for KL...

KL can turtle sonya outside of jump distance and low hat the shit out of her until she jumps in, she also cannot EVER use 114 from a jip or otherwise.

Cage is only a 5-5, its not a bad match.

And Kitana is a 5-5 aswell.

Kung Lao has no bad matches as far as i'm concerned. He is the best character in the game.
Kitana has adventaje vs Kung Lao this is proof 1 mistake and lao will pay hard Kitana can do more mistakes than Lao and still come out alive

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kabal is not the be all and end all of this game, its just another fad flavour of the month.
Kabal is genuinely the best character in the game. The last two major tournaments have been won by two Kabal players. One of the biggest Console Combat local tournaments here in Cleveland, Ohio has been won by a Kabal player. These are not coincidences.

As for Kabal vs. Kung Lao, Kabal is more than capable of playing footsies in this match up. He does not solely have to rely on iaGBs and buzzsaws.

Every match up vs. Kabal is a big struggle at a high level.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Kitana is not a bad Matchup for Kl, it is 5-5

and kitana does not beat cage or sonya, both are 5-5
Man just what i was looking for! So Kitana doesnt actually have an advantage over these characters hmm

maybe i'll just try to ocv with KL :D

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I think Kung Lao is still great but saying he's the best in the game is a stretch to me. Everybody says he so good yet I haven't seen anyone do anything with him since Evo. I'm hoping UsedForGlue and Foxy prove me wrong because I just don't see it.

I personally think, kung lao...is top 3. When played the right way and on a high level, lao is next to impossible to defeat, if the lao player knows the mu that is...and isnt teleporting all day. All I am saying to kabal players...like reo is...if kabal is unbeatable...why do you switch to cage when someone picks jax lol. why would there be a need to counter pick...imo lao defeats 90 percent of the cast the rest are 5-5, with the exception of 1 character. I play an okay lao, but in no way am I a "top lao player"....I have a lot more to learn and level up with him, but I am very experianced with the character...so this is all just from my experiance.... after playing all the characters...with players whom I feel are high level...I can say confidently that his only genuine bad mu would be sonya, but lao has the tools to deal with her, you just have to change your game plan...its just a bit tougher...and cage can be tricky too...but ONLY if its curbo playing him lol...that kid is epic....you just have to lame him out, stay grounded and check him on his pressure with 21 24 overheard...or if your ballsy a spin to make him respect it...but in all honesty I CANT see one character that just BEATS lao...just look at curbo....fighting reo..."best kabal in the world" playing at the highest level....curbo used lao and beat him...5 to 0.... what does that tell you? curbo and reo are both high level players...and who came out on top. SHAOLIN!..lol..no disrespect to anyone at all, those 2 are amazingly epic players and I feel both are at the highest level...so that match says a lot to me... that is just my opinion and we all have them :D Good luck to everyone at MLG!

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
UsedForGlue Raiden has to make more reads in about half his MUs than his opponent will, this makes it hard to place him on a tier list because you either guess right or you guess wrong and if you're playing Raiden safe you're doing it wrong. How can a character with average damage that has to take risks constantly be S+ tier just because all pressure is a guessing game? What if they guess right?