What's new

Char that covers KL bad matchups

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
So, ive been looking into picking up a nice, complementary character that would cover KL's bad matchups (kitana, sonya, cage). I think that Kitana might be good as the Kitana forums say that she beats cage and sonya 6-4 and goes even against herself. Does anyone else have any other suggestions or is Kitana a good idea?

gdf

Noob
The best counter to Kung Lao's bad match-ups is Kung Lao. (seriously, if you want an easier win, play Kenshi)

Death

Noob
KL doesnt really have any bad MUs. His worst is a 4-6 and its probably against Cage and Sonya. Hardly bad enough to counter pick. But if you must Id suggest Freddy or Kenshi as an alt.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Sonya is not a bad match for KL...

KL can turtle sonya outside of jump distance and low hat the shit out of her until she jumps in, she also cannot EVER use 114 from a jip or otherwise.

Cage is only a 5-5, its not a bad match.

And Kitana is a 5-5 aswell.

Kung Lao has no bad matches as far as i'm concerned. He is the best character in the game.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sub-Zero...

oh wait, kitana is in there. Still though, I don't think Kitana is all that bad for sub. 6-4 at worst

but he goes even with sonya (imo) and beats JC!

UsedForGlue

But to answer the question:

If you have a problem with Kitana, then use Reptile.

If you have a problem with Sonya, then use Noob.

If you have a problem with Cage, then use Kabal.

Although this takes a bit of practice to learn a new character and then a new MU, so just stick it out with KL, and watch how awesome he is, all the time.

Death

Noob

KL can turtle sonya outside of jump distance and low hat the shit out of her until she jumps in, she also cannot EVER use 114 from a jip or otherwise.

Kung Lao has no bad matches as far as i'm concerned. He is the best character in the game.
I can see Cage being a 5-5. But Sonya? I dont know.

Noob isnt a bad MU for Sonya either.

Flagg

Noob
I'm beginning to think Noob Saibot is quite underrated in this game.

Kung Lao best in the game? It's possible. Best character in the game has to be between KL, Skarlet and Kabal.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Your better off just leveling up your KL a pocket kenshi or whoever is not going to beat someone's main if they know the matchup. Kl has the best mobility in the game he can get in at will but it also allows him to run away and turtle.

DeathTouch

Iceman
i have been saying this in months that Kung Lao is underrated by u.s.a in general because Lao hasn't been used by many and placed high in tournaments for many months, except Forever King maybe has been placeing top 8 with him.
Death has faith in Kung Lao and says he's top five and I have a feeling that U.K will represent Kung Lao very well at EVO and I cant wait to see that happen. Then we will see how he is supposed to be played I guess.

I think KL has tools to deal with every character in the game if used correctly

Death

Noob
i have been saying this in months that Kung Lao is underrated by u.s.a in general because Lao hasn't been used by many and placed high in tournaments for many months, except Forever King maybe has been placeing top 8 with him.
Death has faith in Kung Lao and says he's top five and I have a feeling that U.K will represent Kung Lao very well at EVO and I cant wait to see that happen. Then we will see how he is supposed to be played I guess.

I think KL has tools to deal with every character in the game if used correctly
I actually think hes a top 3 character. He has no real bad MUs. His worst is a 4-6 and its probably vs Sonya but thats not even that bad of a MU. He has all the tools to win with. The problem is that so many players play the character incorrectly and still too risky with random teleports and low hats. I think once the game evolves people will see how ridiculous he is.

DeathTouch

Iceman
I actually think hes a top 3 character. He has no real bad MUs. His worst is a 4-6 and its probably vs Sonya but thats not even that bad of a MU. He has all the tools to win with. The problem is that so many players play the character incorrectly and still too risky with random teleports and low hats. I think once the game evolves people will see how ridiculous he is.
I agree you on that. I am constantly improving my gameplay just with better footsies and less risks as you said, random tele and low hats. In few months I hope there will be players doing good with him and while many are complaining about Kabal is S+ I belive KL can go even with him at the highest level. MAybe I'm wrong but there will always be those who agree and disagree. We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out in tourneys

REO

Undead

This is a joke. Stop misleading this community. Kabal is the best character in the game by far, and is the undisputed number one. When you come to the US and lose to a Kabal player in pools, then you will understand. Until then, keep dreaming.

gdf

Noob
REO shut the hell up. Your trolling has no place in these sub-forums. Back to the Kabal forums with you.
(Additionally KL is #1)

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Ugh....I hate Kenshi. His playstyle doesnt fit with mine at all. I just cant play him.

How do you guys feel about Kitana though?

UsedForGlue

This is a joke. Stop misleading this community. Kabal is the best character in the game by far, and is the undisputed number one. When you come to the US and lose to a Kabal player in pools, then you will understand. Until then, keep dreaming.
So let me get this straight...

You are saying no matter what I do with Kung Lao, I will just lose to a guy because he selected Kabal? Come on dude, do you really live and die by MU charts?

Your going to have to elaborate a little bit more than that man, but allow me:

Kabal has to dash cancel to get anything started on offence, you have said so yourself, and I agree, but and with every cancel, the possibility of a spin or :bp is on the cards, and you certainly can't resort to keeping Kung Lao out all that easy, so like I said, Im not convinced.

Your going to have to actually fight, and we all know how kabal players don't like that.

Is the joke funnier now?