What's new

Question Changes to Bane?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Top 5 is one thing, but are there really 10 characters who are better than Bane at this point?
I feel like there are. Theres a lot of things people don't exploit against Banes, either because they don't know or don't think about it.
If I had to peg 10 characters above him...

MMH, AM, BM, SM, BA, WW, Zod, Flash... I feel like an argument could be made for HG and Zatanna as well.

Lantern is also a strong contender off of results and tools, and Lobo is a sleep that could fit into that top 10 area.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Check the post you quoted before. The one where I describe what happens.
I thought you had to press down at the right time.. Not hold it.... That's better than I thought. The thing I mentioned with Arrow vs Sinestro, you have to time it.

Well that just reaffirms that I should go Martian if I face a Bane.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I thought you had to press down at the right time.. Not hold it.... That's better than I thought. The thing I mentioned with Arrow vs Sinestro, you have to time it.

Well that just reaffirms that I should go Martian if I face a Bane.
You can press or hold. The example being d.1 and backdash d.1 allowing me to still duck the charge as I resume the crouch. Pressing will allow you to keep better pressure at the cost of being harder to work with, and holding has its merits if you hold a life-lead, but it suffers from the fact that it gives Flash a free approach outside of MB LC.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You can press or hold. The example being d.1 and backdash d.1 allowing me to still duck the charge as I resume the crouch. Pressing will allow you to keep better pressure at the cost of being harder to work with, and holding has its merits if you hold a life-lead, but it suffers from the fact that it gives Flash a free approach outside of MB LC.
Makes sense... The mind games!

We should play tomorrow if you have the chance..?

I feel like there are. Theres a lot of things people don't exploit against Banes, either because they don't know or don't think about it.
If I had to peg 10 characters above him...

MMH, AM, BM, SM, BA, WW, Zod, Flash...
Well that's 8. I feel like Bane has to at least be in "the conversation" right now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm not convinced any of them are better, and I think you can argue with a couple names in the original list. I think he's in the conversation.
I dunno. As I said, theres thing people neglect to exploit that would make fighting him easier. It wouldn't shift his MU numbers much because he can work around them, but he wouldn't have as easy of a time with people.

Thats just me though, frankly top 15 and top 10 aren't more than a piss distance from eachother so its not like he isn't viable.

I dunno. As I said, theres thing people neglect to exploit that would make fighting him easier. It wouldn't shift his MU numbers much because he can work around them, but he wouldn't have as easy of a time with people.

Thats just me though, frankly top 15 and top 10 aren't more than a piss distance from eachother so its not like he isn't viable.
I worry this will come across as facetious, but I genuinely do not mean for it to:
Do you have or can you write a guide of things people are neglecting to exploit that will make fighting him easier?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I worry this will come across as facetious, but I genuinely do not mean for it to:
Do you have or can you write a guide of things people are neglecting to exploit that will make fighting him easier?
I can just tell you.
About 50% of his strings have gaps you can backdash and punish for pretty much free.
b.2(3), 11(3), I mean I think theres a topic in the general forum that lists the ones but pretty much its something you can figure out in practice mode.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
As a sorta co main Bane player, I sometimes struggle with teleport characters. However, he is a grappler, and I am sure people who play the zangief Dhalsim match up don't moan, they deal with it and get better.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
fix his incredibly retarded hitboxes on his uppercuts and dropkicks... AND I say this cause Doomsday's splash was nerfed cause of its large radius hitbox but that pales to Bane's comparison now...

but to be honest id rather not see any NERFS at all , period... Said that since before the game dropped... Buffs are fine to whoever needs them but NERFS annoy me..