What's new

Question Changes to Bane?

Hey guys, I've been seeing some posts lately about what nerfs/buffs people would like to see in some characters and that got me curious, what would you guys like to see change about Bane? He's gotten to be powerful over the last few months, but is he too powerful? Or does he still need something more?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He isn't top 10 and I rather enjoy his moveset so I think he is balanced and viable. A more useful f.1 would be nice, maybe remove some of those huge gaps in our strings. Thats about all I can think of.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
The character is pretty much perfect as he is rn. The only fair way to improve bane at the moment is to nerf other characters, and maybe remove otgs from the game

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Making Double Punch neutral on block again would be nice too. Not necessary, but nice.
Maybe make lucho power-punch not -26 too.

SEV

Noob
Because we don't have projectiles. Give me an ak-47 and I'll gladly surrender my backdash.
Flash doesn't have a projectile and we don't have a great back dash by any means. Granted we have LC which is much better than Bane's charge but I'm not following that logic anyways, though; I don't see why not having a projectile translates to having a ridiculous back dash.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Flash doesn't have a projectile and we don't have a great back dash by any means. Granted we have LC which is much better than Bane's charge but I'm not following that logic anyways, though; don't see why not having a projectile translates to having a ridiculous back dash.
Because we also don't have 50% combos off of d.1. I'll trade you my backdash for your LC or trait.

You don't need projectiles when you have armor that lasts that long...
We give the opponent whatever venom level we were at. Its fair >_> Kinda.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Flash doesn't have a projectile and we don't have a great back dash by any means. Granted we have LC which is much better than Bane's charge but I'm not following that logic anyways, though; I don't see why not having a projectile translates to having a ridiculous back dash.
I agree but Flash does have great backdash though.. It's fast and keeps him where he wants to be, out but not away.

Bane though, he doesn't play footsies so he just dashes and armors up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It doesn't last as long and you don't give them shit if you're dashing away. That backdash is better than some character's forward dash.. lol...
Our backdash is tied for best in the game, if not the best in the game because its got much better invuln frames. Even at level 3 debuff we are like the 10th fastest character.
Still, I mean its fair. Its not like we don't have bad MUs.
We have a couple of 4-6s.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Our backdash is tied for best in the game, if not the best in the game because its got much better invuln frames. Even at level 3 debuff we are like the 10th fastest character.
Still, I mean its fair. Its not like we don't have bad MUs.
We have a couple of 6-4s.
Sometimes I feel like Martian where I don't give a f*ck... lol.

But other times I feel like Arrow where I feel like everything should be fair(er)..

PS: That should be my statement: Martian is fair, he goes even with SOME characters.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sometimes I feel like Martian where I don't give a f*ck... lol.

But other times I feel like Arrow where I feel like everything should be fair(er)..

PS: That should be my statement: Martian is fair, he goes even with SOME characters.
>_> Martian is fair. I will say this, characters who have every tool available are often hailed as the best and have inflated MU numbers.
Give it time. KF forum went through it, eventually they will too.

If it weren't for Flash's MB LC not jailing us anymore, we would even have a 3-7 against us.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
>_> Martian is fair. I will say this, characters who have every tool available are often hailed as the best and have inflated MU numbers.
Give it time. KF forum went through it, eventually they will too.

If it weren't for Flash's MB LC not jailing us anymore, we would even have a 3-7 against us.
I think some people exaggerate some stuff about Martian but he really does seem like the best to me and that makes me happy. So glad it's not Batman or incredibly boring Aqua...

And wait, MB LC doesn't jail anymore?? WTF happened?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think some people exaggerate some stuff about Martian but he really does seem like the best to me and that makes me happy. So glad it's not Batman or incredibly boring Aqua...

And wait, MB LC doesn't jail anymore?? WTF happened?
He seems like he can do a lot in the right hands, and I enjoy watching him be played. Thats my take on it.

Not sure, but randomly during testing we found that when Bane is going into a crouching position (either from leaving a move animation or crouching just before the hit), his hitbox is smaller for some reason. Like I have a few videos, and I tested it with both sides and both characters, and it seems to remain the same way for both. When Bane is just beginning to crouch, MB LC whiffs just like everyone else.

Like at first I thought it was just from the training mode resetting, but then he misses after backdashing as well.

This is me testing it after a couple of different attacks.

This is me testing it as Flash himself. I haven't quite figured what causes it, but I know enough to do it semi-consistantly now as Bane.

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
blame tom brady on this one :(

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
He seems like he can do a lot in the right hands, and I enjoy watching him be played. Thats my take on it.

Not sure, but randomly during testing we found that when Bane is going into a crouching position (either from leaving a move animation or crouching just before the hit), his hitbox is smaller for some reason. Like I have a few videos, and I tested it with both sides and both characters, and it seems to remain the same way for both. When Bane is just beginning to crouch, MB LC whiffs just like everyone else.
Yeah. Soo many set ups. Too many to remember them all. Almost wish I had put my time into him in the past instead of trying to make match ups even with Arrow.

I think this happened at least once when I was playing @4x4lo8o .

I noticed that it works for Arrow too. Like against Sinestro, I kan krouch on reaction to his glow and shoot a low arrow and he will duck under fear blasts from a farther range (1 Arrow dash kloser than full screen is the max). In a real match it wasn't as easy, but it makes sense seeing as his projectile is ridiculously.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah. Soo many set ups. Too many to remember them all. Almost wish I had put my time into him in the past instead of trying to make match ups even with Arrow.

I think this happened at least once when I was playing @4x4lo8o .

I noticed that it works for Arrow too. Like against Sinestro, I kan krouch on reaction to his glow and shoot a low arrow and he will duck under fear blasts from a farther range (1 Arrow dash kloser than full screen is the max). In a real match it wasn't as easy, but it makes sense seeing as his projectile is ridiculously.
I put videos up so you can see for yourself. These are just the preliminary videos when I first started doing it so don't expect perfection, but it gives a good gist.

I've figured it down to about 7/10 times making the second hit whiff from most places on screen by just ducking

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I put videos up so you can see for yourself. These are just the preliminary videos when I first started doing it so don't expect perfection, but it gives a good gist.

I've figured it down to about 7/10 times making the second hit whiff from most places on screen by just ducking
Videos where??

PS: I literally always picture you as Frank from MIB...