What's new

Question - Takeda Change you would like to see in KP2(nerf or buff)

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Sure thing, I start from an njp to make it easier, but same thing happens off a jump in from the opponent.
Booya
Glory

So he clearly starts with his arms crossed then uncrosses them, that shouldn't leave a gap. If you slow the video down and look he clearly moves the whips through that space. I need to understand why that move doesn't hit over his head. It just seems like another NRS hitbox thing to me, I don't get why that move doesn't stop jump overs. It doesn't lead to a combo so it should be fair to have it actually anti air. He's a defensive character having a hilarious blind spot, that bugs me. I'm cool with being wrong, just trying to wring everything I can out of the character.

AGREED! What's everyone's max damage meterless combo? I think mine is 19%? Now rememver kids NJP doesn't count. Who is scared to do unsafe things against Lasher? That just makes me even more scared to throw a kunai to build meter. You can just armor all day against him.
He does decent meterless damage in the corner. You get like 30% off of a njp and I think like 27% (don't remember off the top of my head) off if the f1 string.

Have you tried using Whip Strike again after low slash or the Whip flurry? I have been playing around with max range ex Whip corner combos and those two always connected after low slash.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Remove all semi-unlockables in the game, especially Kunai-Setups.

Besides make Takeda look less gay!

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
He does decent meterless damage in the corner. You get like 30% off of a njp and I think like 27% (don't remember off the top of my head) off if the f1 string.

Have you tried using Whip Strike again after low slash or the Whip flurry? I have been playing around with max range ex Whip corner combos and those two always connected after low slash.
You didn't answer my question though, and I specifically asked to ignore njp, also let's ignore the corner too. Lasher does get decent meterless damage in the corner. Now how does he get someone there? What does he do mid screen? That's half a game plan at best.
He relies on meter for everything and can't really build any, never mind compared to the other two variations.

I'll try whip strike again in the combo, I tested all other specials but that one didn't occur to me. Good idea!

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Once I found out Whip Trip wasn't a hard knockdown I decided it is pointless to play Lasher over SR or Ronin. It seriously hinders his offense, and without the HKD it really has little to offer other than his jump attacks and ghetto b21/b2 wt 50/50.
That is why you end with whip strike, you have massive advantage and your can catch people if they tech roll back.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
You didn't answer my question though, and I specifically asked to ignore njp, also let's ignore the corner too. Lasher does get decent meterless damage in the corner. Now how does he get someone there? What does he do mid screen? That's half a game plan at best.
He relies on meter for everything and can't really build any, never mind compared to the other two variations.

I'll try whip strike again in the combo, I tested all other specials but that one didn't occur to me. Good idea!
Lasher is best played mid screen as a space control character IMO, and has godlike corner carry, his mid screen damage may not be much meterless, but it is possible to build plenty of meter from it. I don't think that his lack of damage mid screen without meter is a huge problem, but you know if you want to request buffs and make my character that didn't need any buffs better be my guest, I don't mind getting free buffs ;)

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
This might be a bit ridiculous but

f1 7f startup (hell ill even take 8f)
d1 7f
b3 faster startup (-3 on block)
b2 faster startup (-5 on block)
tele to be faster.
Safe cancels

edit: SR mostly

aieches

#freeHomelee2016

d1 7f
tele to be faster.
Safe cancels

actually this will have to be ~ or something similar if they dont change kang - its a given
this i wouldnt mind - but its not really needed.

all the other are pretty much asking for us to be hated ( even more than they hate us now) lol
and faster b2 start up - i think @jokey77 just had a heart attack somewhere lmao

Tweedy

Noob
A faster start up on EX fist flurry isn't unreasonable I don't think. Besides that the character is in a pretty good place imo.

st9rm

viennality.com

d1 7f
tele to be faster.
Safe cancels

a 7f mid would make the whole world main takeda lol
i think he's fine as he is now, a faster d1 wouldn't hurt him though, since liu kang, once he's in, pretty much rolls over takeda

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it

d1 7f
tele to be faster.
Safe cancels

All he needs in Ronin is a safe Blade Kall or Blade Kall Force Stand the opponent To Force him to block all three hits

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I have no complaints with Takeda. Using all 3 variations for specific matchups cover most of his holes... As @aieches stated earlier, no change is really needed if they "fix" Kang...

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Not sure if this is intended or not but I'd like for SR's ex teleport to not get caught by projectiles on the second half. I hate being punished for doing ex teleport on a subzero ice ball read and getting frozen on the second half of the attack. The first attack hit but I'm now frozen a full screen distance away and opened for a full combo.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
3 requests:

1. Decrease the startup frames on ex fist flurry or give ex spear two hits of armor. I'm tired of dealing with Takeda's wack ass armor options. His armor gets broken way too easily.

2. Fix his d2. That shit stays whiffing.
2b. Fix the hitboxes on the whips, especially in the corner.

3. Remove the gap from b21 kunai. He needs it.