What's new

Question - Takeda Change you would like to see in KP2(nerf or buff)

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Changes i would like to see for Ronin / and other universal changes

1. B1 -- is +1 on block ( Up from 0 )

2. B11 -- Is +1 on Block ( Up from 0 )

3. B3 -- is 2 frames Faster

4. BF4 -- is -5 on Block ( Up from -6 )

5. 1 -- is plus 2 on block

6. 2 -- is 1 Frame Faster

7. 21 -- Restand the opponent Slight near Takeda

8. DF3 -- is -7 on block but with more pushback (( For Example - current pushback is 1.00 -> 1.30 ))

9. Takeda switches sides better when the opponent jumps over Takeda ..... for better AAs

10. Regular Blade Kall has more Advantage on Block so that Takeda doesn't get punished by the Blade Call inconsistency ( 2 Hits is -3 ) ( 1 Hit Is -7 )

11. Regular Blade Kall Damage is reduced

12. EX Blade Kall is Super Disadvantage on Block

13. Njp Better Hitbox

14. B21 2+4 -- Has Less Whiff Recovery

15. F12+4 First Whip Has Better Hitbox Above Takeda's Head

@StealthyMuffin @hayatei .... so What do you guys think about this changes ?

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Changes i would like to see for Ronin / and other universal changes

1. B1 -- is +1 on block ( Up from 0 )

2. B11 -- Is +1 on Block ( Up from 0 )

3. B3 -- is 2 frames Faster

4. BF4 -- is -5 on Block ( Up from -6 )

5. 1 -- is plus 2 on block

6. 2 -- is 1 Frame Faster

7. 21 -- Restand the opponent Slight near Takeda

8. DF3 -- is -7 on block but with more pushback (( For Example - current pushback is 1.00 -> 1.30 ))

9. Takeda switches sides better when the opponent jumps over Takeda ..... for better AAs

10. Regular Blade Kall has more Advantage on Block so that Takeda doesn't get punished by the Blade Call inconsistency ( 2 Hits is -3 ) ( 1 Hit Is -7 )

11. Regular Blade Kall Damage is reduced

12. EX Blade Kall is Super Disadvantage on Block

13. Njp Better Hitbox

14. B21 2+4 -- Has Less Whiff Recovery

15. F12+4 First Whip Has Better Hitbox Above Takeda's Head

@StealthyMuffin @hayatei .... so What do you guys think about this changes ?
Takeda doesn't need buffs lol

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
seriously they could just fix hitboxs/hurtboxes & armor cast wide in this game and figure out a way for takeda to not get locked down from Dragon fist and id be completely happy.

seriously they could just fix hitboxs/hurtboxes & armor cast wide in this game and figure out a way for takeda to not get locked down from Dragon fist and id be completely happy.
Tanya would still be a pig problem though but not If lasher can combos midscreen off df1

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I still want to be able to ex blade drop to do drop and call in one input.
Even though I learned how to do the double input I still want the easier version for combos ;___;

Also fix the brutality inconsistency

Slymind

Noob
Make throw tech easier, take away the non block condition.

@edit,

This is about Takeda, sorry, thought this was universal chnages.

hayatei

Noob
I still want to be able to ex blade drop to do drop and call in one input.
Even though I learned how to do the double input I still want the easier version for combos ;___;

Also fix the brutality inconsistency
its better how it is right now so you can confirm off everything :p

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
its better how it is right now so you can confirm off everything :p
It's an old want from back when I was bad and couldn't do inputs lol. But I'm serious about that brutality thing.
21 drop, call can combo but it won't confirm the brutality.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I would like to see his whips get buffed in Lasher so you can see all of his whips after jf1 or jf2 comes out. Either that or keep them the way they are and keep the short length during the fatalities

Last edited:

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Something I've been thinking about lately that would be a great Buff for Ronin would be the ability to charge the Piercing Spark/Beam while the input is held down. A la Reptile from MK9 where he could hold his acid ball until it got bigger, I'd like the ability to do something similar to this where the spark kinda grew in size as you held onto it so if someone happen to jump on you while holding, they'd get hit by it still or when you let go, it covered more space vertically. Just a thought I had that I think would kinda help his zoning game.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The single most important buff that Lasher needs is Whip Trip to be a hard knockdown. I can't believe that it isn't, it makes the normal version so less useful than it should be.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Lasher needs meterless damage, I'd love to see df1 (whip strike) combo into df1 (low slash) after a run. It does if you anti air with it, special moves don't connect though, so it's kinda useless. Looks cool as hell though. I can post video if anyone cares. @Phosferrax is right, change Whip Trip to be a hard knockdown and it's a new ball game for Lasher. This variation relies entirely on meter, and has no good way to build any.

Shirai Ryu seems fine to me, balance wise. If we're going for top tier here I say make tele cancels a little quicker, get our boy some more plus frames.

I have very little ronin practice but it seems hitbox inconsistency is the only issue I can see.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Once I found out Whip Trip wasn't a hard knockdown I decided it is pointless to play Lasher over SR or Ronin. It seriously hinders his offense, and without the HKD it really has little to offer other than his jump attacks and ghetto b21/b2 wt 50/50.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Once I found out Whip Trip wasn't a hard knockdown I decided it is pointless to play Lasher over SR or Ronin. It seriously hinders his offense, and without the HKD it really has little to offer other than his jump attacks and ghetto b21/b2 wt 50/50.
You're quite right, I describe Lasher play style the same as I describe Kenshis in this game "annoy your opponent and build meter, then just armor the second they get near you." The problem being homeboy sucks at it, everything is unsafe and/or has gaps.

dubson

Noob
Lasher needs meterless damage, I'd love to see df1 (whip strike) combo into df1 (low slash) after a run. It does if you anti air with it, special moves don't connect though, so it's kinda useless. Looks cool as hell though. I can post video if anyone cares. @Phosferrax is right, change Whip Trip to be a hard knockdown and it's a new ball game for Lasher. This variation relies entirely on meter, and has no good way to build any.

Shirai Ryu seems fine to me, balance wise. If we're going for top tier here I say make tele cancels a little quicker, get our boy some more plus frames.

I have very little ronin practice but it seems hitbox inconsistency is the only issue I can see.
could you post the video? i would care to see

also what's going on in the video you posted in the spoiler? it looks like you just need to have a better understanding of where it hits but i cannot tell what you're getting at

also so you're so right about him needing meterless damage... his upclose defense is so weak!!!! if they get in your likely done (Jax, Cage, Liu, any high pressure fighter). he relies so much on having an armor move to get them off you if they get in (which are all pretty weak/have gap as stated) and he relies so much on wasting 2 meters on a meter break that he seriously has a super rough time in certain match-ups. add to all of that he needs to use a meter for decent damage...

once/if they figure out his gimmicks he's almost a sitting duck

he needs help

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
could you post the video? i would care to see
Sure thing, I start from an njp to make it easier, but same thing happens off a jump in from the opponent.
Booya
Glory

also what's going on in the video you posted in the spoiler? it looks like you just need to have a better understanding of where it hits but i cannot tell what you're getting at
So he clearly starts with his arms crossed then uncrosses them, that shouldn't leave a gap. If you slow the video down and look he clearly moves the whips through that space. I need to understand why that move doesn't hit over his head. It just seems like another NRS hitbox thing to me, I don't get why that move doesn't stop jump overs. It doesn't lead to a combo so it should be fair to have it actually anti air. He's a defensive character having a hilarious blind spot, that bugs me. I'm cool with being wrong, just trying to wring everything I can out of the character.

also so you're so right about him needing meterless damage... his upclose defense is so weak!!!! if they get in your likely done (Jax, Cage, Liu, any high pressure fighter). he relies so much on having an armor move to get them off you if they get in (which are all pretty weak/have gap as stated) and he relies so much on wasting 2 meters on a meter break that he seriously has a super rough time in certain match-ups. add to all of that he needs to use a meter for decent damage...

once/if they figure out his gimmicks he's almost a sitting duck

he needs help
AGREED! What's everyone's max damage meterless combo? I think mine is 19%? Now rememver kids NJP doesn't count. Who is scared to do unsafe things against Lasher? That just makes me even more scared to throw a kunai to build meter. You can just armor all day against him.