What's new

Change short hops inputs to make it more consistent

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I ask this question because I seen others and myself do a full hop and not a short hop trying to punish low attacks. Often I got it to work as attending, then other times I get punished because I done a high jump instead. I was hoping will this get addressed in the future cause I found it very useful at times once I get the opponent to block low.

I was looking at maybe seeing if the inputs can be changed into up, down 1 or 3. Pressing up, down will indicate your fighter needs a shorter jump and can done easier to perform a short hop. Similar to how Jacqui air cancel was how fast and easy to perform.

This just my thoughts...maybe some of you didn't have a issue with the mechanic. I couldn't do it consistently and got uppercut looking silly jumping in the air. I like to hear everyone else thoughts since I didn't see anyone make a thread about this yet.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Maybe I will try another controller when the next beta. I was using a old one playing the game, or maybe it's just my thumbs.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I didn't get to play the beta but I didn't see anyone really utilize the Bunny Hop mechanic. It seems very strong, just strange. Maybe there is a better input for it. I don't like how there is even a few people having issues with it. I'll c during the Beta I guess.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
Just do this anyway. I was getting it inconsistent as well until I started doing this. It forces me to tap up in order to hit down+button. Got it every time after that.
thats fine unless you want to do empty short hop into throw like i seen ninjakilla doing on oki with great success

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I was inputting up-to-down and I was getting hops very consistently. I found this to be much easier than just tapping up.

Since hopping is only straight upwards, you don't have to worry about inputting diagonal directions. Just straight up into straight down, and you can get hops very consistently.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I kept getting full jumps more than short hops too. Like it needed to be an instant tap and release for a hop. Gonna be hard to overhead crush shit with Cassie if you can't short hop consistently. I never had any issues getting the hop or jump I wanted in kof. Which is puzzling.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Up down works very well on stick too for those not on pad
On stick it’s just a flick up, I come from KoF so this was very natural but I understand the struggle of not having it in your muscle memory.
Up-down is a good way to start so you’ll get a good feel of the timing of just a tap then you should be used to just the up tap into whatever.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
On stick it’s just a flick up, I come from KoF so this was very natural but I understand the struggle of not having it in your muscle memory.
Up-down is a good way to start so you’ll get a good feel of the timing of just a tap then you should be used to just the up tap into whatever.
My stick may be sensitive then because i had to be way too gentle with it just pressing up and theres no way I can be that gentle mid match lol. Inputting like an instant air dive kick and doing U, D+button was instantly consistent for me.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I getting it pretty reliably on stick. I'm sure when I have more time with the game and actively practice it I'll get it down 100%

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
My stick may be sensitive then because i had to be way too gentle with it just pressing up and theres no way I can be that gentle mid match lol. Inputting like an instant air dive kick and doing U, D+button was instantly consistent for me.
Yeah under pressure of a match go for up down if you want to make sure, I’d try out the up up thing that was mentioned as well but I’m not sure if that actually works coz I didn’t try it.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I thought hopping was way too easy tbh, there were multiple occasions where i got it when trying to neutral jump instead and had to train myself to actively hold up in those situations. I'd kill to hop w/ even 50% of that consistency in KoF >_>
I'll try wi
I was inputting up-to-down and I was getting hops very consistently. I found this to be much easier than just tapping up.

Since hopping is only straight upwards, you don't have to worry about inputting diagonal directions. Just straight up into straight down, and you can get hops very consistently.
Cool I will do this method next time