What's new

Chances of there being a MK guest DLC in Injustice 2?

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I think you guys are in the minority.

During one of the E3 interviews, Ed Boon said that Scorpion was the most downloaded DLC character in Injustice, and Alien & Predator were the most downloaded DLC characters in MKX.
Scorpion could of brought in 50% of the revenue for IGAU, it was still a ridiculous choice of a DLC character. Scorpion doesn't fit in the DC world, neither do any of the MK characters. Having Scoprion in a game with no block button, brutalities or fatalities is 100% ass.

braandooon

I don't even know...
Knowing NRS, they won't repeat characters. But I can always hope that Scorpion gets added. Probably going to have my hopes crushed, but still. I'd like to see some unknown characters used, like Ravager, the daughter of Deathstroke.

If Ravager were in Injustice, she'd be my main no matter how top/low tier she is.

Heatwave would be cool, or maybe even Atom Smasher. I like those two characters as well.

braandooon

I don't even know...
I doubt Sub will be, considering Captain Cold is in, not to mention who else we don't know.

I don't know who else could guest, but wouldn't be surprised if Scorpion returns....tho maybe Sonya, Kano, Kang, Raiden, Cage or even Shang Tsung as other potential legacy characters.
I never thought about it like that.. With Captain Cold in I guess having Sub Zero would be like adding Frost to MKX.

I'm just hoping there aren't any random miss-matched characters like Alien or Predator in the game. These guest characters were nice, but I'd rather prefer characters in the universe of DC. More unknown ones would be cool.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
There's a lot of people who are emo that Rain or Fujin aren't playable in MKX, but let's be honest, NRS are not going to plug their probably least known palette swap or a 3D-era reject in a non MK game without redeeming them in an actual MK game first.

Logistically, I'd say it has to be Sub-Zero or Liu Kang. Raiden ticks the same boxes but I'd like to think WB's PR wants to steer clear of the whole "teleport in a back to block game" debacle all over again. Mind you, MMH's teleport went on to be BUFFED in Injustice 1 after Scorpion was put in the bin, so who really knows what the criteria will be...

Even though I dont want a guest character from MK, I believe it very possibly could be Johnny Cage. He's kind of the new hero of the series.
Cage was a guest character for that mobile WWE game NRS worked on. I agree that his shtick could work for the Injustice 2 mythos but just sayin' NRS already played that trump card.

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
The more replies I read through the more im reminded of Boons interviews early in MKX development on moving forward and next generation characters, ect...
That being said I wouldn't be suprised to see one or even two of the new characters from MKX.
From a sales standpoint is an entirely different matter however. Im sticking with my vote of Shredder Subz, but im side betting new characters.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think they could get away with Sub and CC, CC typically is not a metahuman and they changed him real fast to having a gun anyway in the new 52 so he could have gun attacks, where as Sub can form it on his own, I think if they could make Black Adam and Shazam, Superman and Zod work in the first one, they could definitely work with CC and Subby :)

MKF30

The more replies I read through the more im reminded of Boons interviews early in MKX development on moving forward and next generation characters, ect...
That being said I wouldn't be suprised to see one or even two of the new characters from MKX.
From a sales standpoint is an entirely different matter however. Im sticking with my vote of Shredder Subz, but im side betting new characters.
lol I know right, I think the fact that Boon is kind of vague with some of his answers doesn't help but I'm sure in coming months we'll get more fleshed out info. Can't wait for return of the kombat kasts! But totally agree on Shredder Sub, I wanted that skin in MK 9 and MK X! lol So if they go with Sub, I hope they give him that skin.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Not sure what an inaccurate weather report from months ago is proof of, but you can have it.
Archived weather report is inaccurate because it suits your argument better? I challenge you to find me a weather report from that day that contradicts me if you're going to make ridiculous claims.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
They should do a gear DLC pack of MK inspired gear that gives MK moves.

Like Captain Cold gets some Ninja gear that lets him do Sub's slide.
Or Shazam getting Raidens hat and it turns his psycho crusher into superman.
Superman gets Shao Kahns Helmet and does the green shoulder charge.

They will just probably go the boring route and throw in Sub Zero.
Probably Cryomancer Sub Zero even just to make it extra lame.

MKF30

They should do a gear DLC pack of MK inspired gear that gives MK moves.

Like Captain Cold gets some Ninja gear that lets him do Sub's slide.
Or Shazam getting Raidens hat and it turns his psycho crusher into superman.
Superman gets Shao Kahns Helmet and does the green shoulder charge.

They will just probably go the boring route and throw in Sub Zero.
Probably Cryomancer Sub Zero even just to make it extra lame.
CC or Mr. Freeze or perhaps Icicle would be the only viable characters to do that for Sub's case, but that would be weird lol. Like the characters would have to have similar powers or moves to certain MK ones like your examples though Flash can also throw lightning now too so maybe he'd get Raiden's move if Shazam don't come back.

trufenix

bye felicia
Archived weather report is inaccurate because it suits your argument better? I challenge you to find me a weather report from that day that contradicts me if you're going to make ridiculous claims.
If your confidence in archived weather reports is so great you would use them as evidence of game development direction, I can assure you there is no argument that will sway your conviction.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
If your confidence in archived weather reports is so great you would use them as evidence of game development direction, I can assure you there is no argument that will sway your conviction.
Once again, I'm sorry you were wrong.

MKF30

Damn, this thread got a whopping margin on behalf of MK guest for sure lol. I guess Boon pretty much confirmed that during San Diego CC.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
With the Static deconfirm it may well be a Raiden inclusion. I feel Static is more a mobility and object flinging guy than all out spark shooter only dude though, but thats just me really diggin his levitating manhole covers and seeing potential for some lightsaber chucking Takeda traps and airdashing with him though.

Most likely candidates for an MK guest to me are:

Raiden
Liu Kang
Sub Zero

It'd be great though if it was someone unexpected like Noob Saibot or D'vorah though.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Raiden
Liu Kang
Sub Zero
I think these are front runners for the MK guests.... but personally I hope it is not Sub Zero. DC has a number of Ice themed characters. I would much rather have Mr Freeze and Killer Frost for example than Sub Zero.

As for static shock? I have no real understanding of why this minor character is so popular on this board. I think maybe due to the fact that the kids cartoon focused on him, but as far as comic fans go he is really obscure. So I would much prefer Radian to Static Shock, this is just an opinion though... but again.. this is a DC game.. they should use a DC character if they can.

I've been thinking and imo the MK character that would fit the best in Injustice might be Cassie Cage. Those that know comics already have talked about how she has basically walked off the pages of Batman in threads before. She has the attitude and the special ops gear and all that. Kinda like Talia al Ghul or something but a good girl.

Come on ... think about it.,. Nightwing and Cassie Cage back to back fighting horrors... you know it makes sense.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Quoting Ed Boon from the San Diego Comic Con panel... He said something along the lines of "Well, Scorpion was our most downloaded character in terms of DLC, We'd miss out on an opportunity if we didn't put in a guest character along those lines."

I really wish we get someone like Khamelion or Triborg.

MKF30

Oh God I hope it's not LK, please not him Raiden, Subby fine but NOT LK lol....

I think NRS would shock the hell out of everyone
Fujin

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I think Takeda would make sense gear wise. But its going to be either Sub (Which they really shouldn't do. Too predictable and Cap Cold is already in) or Raiden. I would enjoy if they did something like Shao Kahn, Johnny, Kano, Sonya, Cassie (Don't kill me) or even Dark Kahn. Remember that shit? Cheesiest yet at the same time coolest fighting game boss ever.