What's new

Chances of there being a MK guest DLC in Injustice 2?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So wondering, the big question that nobody has mentioned so far lol but figured I'd be the first.

We all know NRS aren't afraid to put in guest characters that have nothing to do with the fighting games universe they make themselves, we've seen in it in MK9 with Kratos and Freddy, Injustice with Scorpion and MKX with Leatherface, Predator, Alien and Jason. Will Injustice 2 break the chain or continue to bank off wisely chosen guest DLC?

So, question do you think Injustice 2 will have guest character DLC in at least one spot?

I know some think Spawn may be in it, wouldn't surprise me honestly Todd did give NRS the rights to use him for how long I don't know....

I think it's safe to say we may see an MK character as at least one DLC spot, and I think it'll be Sub-Zero or Raiden personally. I could be wrong, but just a hunch especially since Injustice GUA had Scorpion and he sold very well....

Will you be happy, sad, angry or indifferent if there winds up being guest characters in Injustice 2 two be it an MK character, Spawn or otherwise not from the DCU?

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I really, really, really hope that NRS can resist this urge. I doubt we see another MK character, but with NRS, you just never know what could happen. The only MK character that would sell as well as Scorpion in IGAU is Sub Zero. I just see no damn point to an MK character in every Injustice game.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
There will definitely be guest characters. If it's from MK then it's definitely going to be Subzero.

Guest characters do not make me angry. As long as characters are unique aesthetically and gameplay wise then it's fine with me.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I don't mind guest characters in NRS games, as long as it fits the tone. Predator and Alien? Cool. Jason, Leatherface? Gross.
For Injustice, I'm torn. I find that with DC's approach to multiverses and whatnot really allows for Mortal Kombat characters to fit into the tone well enough, but I'm a DC purist at the same time and would rather that DLC go to what will undoubtedly be a largely requested DC character that didn't make the cut. I can't help but feel that adding a MK character is a creatively bankrupt concept.

To the actual question of this thread, will there be a guest character, that probably will be Mortal Kombat related? Yes.

KCJ506

Noob
I don't mind guests as long as they don't go overboard with them like they did with MKX. And for any guests that'll be in this, I'd rather it not be any MK characters. That would be just be lazy and uninspiring. A lot of people want Spawn for these games so him being a guest wouldn't be surprising. Or hell at least make the guest someone that the DC universe has crossed over with in the comics recently. Like He-man and the Masters of the Universe.

But unfortunately Sub-Zero does seem likely to be a guest.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Heh...pull a Triborg and use an amalgam character. In other words, use Shang Tsung and have him able to turn into several MK folks so we can have a couple of guests in one inclusion. Of course the amount of size such a moveset would require given that this game doesn't house any of those cast in its memory to execute memory call functions at runtime would be huge. Youd essentially have to make one file with several casts data stored in its moveset folders to have those characters to draw from and turn into.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
all sorts of chances for a guest. very likely. NRS has had a guest in the last 3 games they have made, and these guests sold incredibly well.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Oh dear Presence no! With how vast and deep the DC Universe runs, there is no feasible reason to have guest characters in Injustice. And with how this community bashed and shit on Injustice in such a two-faced manner, there definitely shouldn't be any MK guests in it.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
I don't wan't an MK Guest but if I had to pick one for Injustice 2 it would be Sub-Zero; Scorpion was in the first one and Sub-Zero is the second version of the character since his brother was killed by Scorpion.

Honestly I think it would be better for NRS to separate these fighting franchises as much as possible. Scorpion wasn't needed in IGUA; he actually made the game worse by first being way too overpowered and second by being way too weak (press down to block his teleport is lame).

In regards to making money off DLC; the season passes do a great job of making money regardless of what DLC is released. Also DC has a rich roster of characters to choose from that would probably sell as good or better than Scorpion did. Factor in the vast array of guest characters that Warner Bros could offer them and I see no real reason for an MK character to be in the game other than NRS wanting to blow its' own horn (like putting the Company logo on the opening credits isn't enough).

Last edited:

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Pretty decent chance, since Scorp was in IGAU. He felt more awkward to me in that game than the movie guests do in MKX--having AvP & Jason v. Leatherface matchups in a fighting game with excellent mechanics like MKX really does have it's appeal, no matter how many of us--myself included--wanted actual MK characters instead.

It just comes across as lazy. Especially
Scorpion. He's in every MK game. I'm a much bigger fan of MK than I am of DC, but it feels wrong and unnecessary to fill any slots with MK characters given the vast number of DC characters that won't be playable.

My intuition tells me
NRS doesn't want to do it. But WB might, for the purpose of spreading the fandom to a perceived new audience.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
People are so fixed on Sub-Zero just because he is blue Scorpion.

I think Raiden has a better chance. Would make more sense for his moveset and storywise.

The only reason i would want a Sub-Zero is if he would have a Deception gear set :DOGE